Exclusive

The Voice Exclusive Video: First Look at Four Ferocious Battle Rounds Pairings!

Old school vs new school. Young’un vs. young’un. “Watch your pitch” vs. “Be yourself.”

These are hints at just a few of the Battle Rounds matchups coming up on Season 6 of The Voice — and we’ve got your exclusive first-look.

In the video below, we see Blake Shelton matching up his country newbies Jake Worthington and Lexi Luca, Adam Levine pitting rocker Kat Perkins against gravel-throated Patrick Thomson, Shakira pairing Dani Moz and DeShawn Washington, and Usher grappling with modern versus throwback via his decision to let Biff Gore and T.J. Wilkins enter the musical boxing ring.

Press play below to get a sense of where the coaches are headed, then hit the comments with your thoughts. And for all my reality TV news, interviews and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. RedInDenver says:

I’m sorry …. With the exception of Caleb, Idol just sucks this season and the ratings show it. I have been moving more and more towards The Voice, where there ones who didn’t get even one chair to turn have more talent than is apparent in most of the AI contestants..

• John Anthony says:

Can’t agree more and even Caleb would be hard pressed to compete with The Voice teams this season. Any one of the Idol’s top performers could set in the loser chair with little critic for not belonging there. All the blame rests with the judges. They picked them. None of Idol’s top 10 could sing their way out of the Voice’s battle rounds this season.

• Stormy says:

You’re comparing apples to oranges. The Voice “invites” seasoned semi-pro singers to compete for a chance at national exposure. Frenchie Davis [an early Idol contestant who had moved on to appear on Broadway] was one of the Voice’s early competitors. AI gets amateurs to compete. Comparing the two shows is equivalent to getting a high school kid from shop class to compete against a journeyman mechanic.

• Timmah says:

Seems to me that both shows have plenty of pros and amateurs.

• kaki says:

Yes to this….. no one seems to understand that. The Voice is 2nd chancers. Idol is for undiscovereds, mostly, with a few exceptions. And somehow, it winnows down the singers and often ends up with a new star. I said often, not always. But again, who has heard much about any of the Voice winners? There is no Carrie, no Kelly, no Adam, no Philip….. somehow, the voice winners don’t capture the imagination of the audience as the Idol winners do.

• Ernie says:

Danielle Bradberry and Cassidy Pope to name two who have done very well on the country scene and keep climbling.

2. ZisforZombie says:

Adam Shelton? When did the bromance become something more…?

3. Terrific post however , I was wanting to know if
    you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little
    bit more. Thank you!

4. Brian Glenn says:

Got to love people coming in here to only hate on Idol to a Voice preview, I find that very funny, and winder how much you get paid to do so? You can hate on Idol all you want and take your pennies with you… I like both programs for what they are… Idol for a growth program that is about finding a contestant TO BE A STAR… Proof in the many that there are… Voice about the Judges and the great time they have on the program, and the second chances they give the professionals that come to the program… You have back up singers to the stars, opening acts to Bon Jovi, Selena Gomez for two world tours, Rhianna, etc… But people watch it for the Judges, as do I, and love it for it… This may be season 6 of the Voice, yet it is really Year what, 4? and they had 13 million tune in last week, Idol had 10 million… Want to know what Idol had in year 4? 25+ million, and never did below that until year 12 I believe, certainly not 20… And use to do 30+ year after year… So really there is no comparison, just enjoy both shows for what they really are, unless you are getting paid pennies per hate, then do what ya gotta…

• Timmah says:

Idol has had its share of backup singers and pros on their show before. You might find one of them on this very page. Also I don’t think it’s fair to compare Idol’s early success to modern day shows. It’s a completely different music business now, with many more avenues of getting one’s music out there than there used to be. Because of that, none of these shows including Idol itself are likely to “discover” another Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood again. So at this point, I evaluate them purely as entertainment shows, and I think The Voice is kicking Idol’s butt in that respect.

5. Debbie M. says:

Not thrilled with the battle round pairing of Kat and Patrick. They were two of my favorites. Hopefully whichever one loses will get stolen by another judge.

6. Hey there…. I actually have launched a exceptional
    Search engine optimization product that may rank
    any web pages in various sector (whether or not it’s a competitive market for instance like acai berry) to rank easily.
    The major search engines will not ever ascertain since
    we use distinct ways to avoid leaving a footprint.
    Were you fascinated to attempt it absolutely free?

7. Good day! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay.
    I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new
    updates.

8. Donnie says:

Hello colleagues, its enormous paragraph on the topic
    of educationand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

9. Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump
    out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Thanks
    a lot