Ratings: Idol, Criminal Minds, Suburgatory and Mixology Drop, CSI Rises, Revolution Still Steady

Revolution RatingsNBC’s Revolution is fighting the good fight — for whatever it’s ultimately worth.

The sophomore drama this week drew 4.7 million total viewers and a 1.3 rating, matching its three prior telecasts in the demo.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Leading out of that, a dark ‘n’ twisty Law & Order: SVU did 6.3 mil/1.6, adding a few eyeballs but was flat in the demo, while Chicago P.D. (5.85 mil/1.6) ticked up a tenth.

Elsewhere….

FOX | American Idol (10.1 mil /2.4) fell three tenths week-to-week.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s American Idol Top 11 Recap: Take This Sinking Boat, and Point It Home

CBS | Pending any ACC and SEC basketball preemption-related adjustments, Survivor (9.9 mil/2.5) inched up a tenth, Criminal Minds (10.7 mil/2.3) dropped three tenths and CSI (10 mil/2.0) gained three tenths.

RELATED | Kim Roots’ Nashville Recap: Not Quite Ready to Make Nice

ABC | The Middle (7.2 mil/1.9) was flat, Suburgatory (5.2 mil/1.4) fell three tenths, Modern Family (9.1 mil/3.3) ticked down a tenth, Mixology (4.2 mil/1.5) dropped two tenths and Nashville (4.9 mil/1.4) slipped a tenth.

1. sarah says:

I am happy that Chicago PD is doing well.
    Modern Family was super funny, it is too bad it was down.
    Nashville slipping is not a great sign.

2. david says:

SVU was really good last night. However I’m really not feeling Mariska Hartigay in the supervisory role. Her character’s dynamic has shifted considerably and not in a good way. It’s almost not believable. Plus I don’t know how realistic it would be to put her in charge after Cragen left anyway. Hopefully they will be able to get it back on track or add someone new into a leadership role.

• Coop says:

Totally agree….Benson is not a Captain, she belongs in the field with victims not stuck behind a desk!!! Bring back Wong, and put Lt. Van Buren in Cragen’s old spot :)

3. jasie says:

I really think Revolution would be doing better if NBC had left it at the later time slot. It’s on at 7 pm in the mst time zone and it’s just too early.

• The Beach says:

I think Revolution’s loooooong hiatus really hurt it. When it finally came back on I tried to get back into it but just couldn’t so I took it off my dvr. I doubt that I’m the only one. Networks should keep this in mind.

• I think Revolution would be doing better if it didn’t suck so much in season one.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Come on Revolution, keep fighting :-) Criminal Minds was a bit disturbing but I still liked it. People with rabies, eek. Nashville was boring, aside from Will’s story I’m just not seeing anything new from these characters. They just keep rehashing the same stuff over and over again. What Will did at the end just made me go Ooooooooo :-)

5. dan says:

Survivor beat AI in the demo and came close in total viewers. Looks like the brains, brawn and beauty angle is working!

6. Jane says:

I have a question. Where I live Revolution was bounced for a basketball game. They ran it at like 1:00 a.m. I DVR it and will watch it hopefully tonight. I’m not a Neilson family so I know I don’t count but when a show gets shown by the local affiliate at a different time do those watchers ever get considered in the count?

7. MP says:

That’s too bad about Nashville. It’s still my favorite show, but they have let the Luke/Rayna, Deacon/Megan and Gunnar/Zoey storylines go on for way too long. Deacon and Rayna have very few scenes together and during the scenes they do have I always think to myself, that is what chemistry is supposed to look like, even if they’re just talking in Rayna’s kitchen. I also think the strongest songs are when two characters sing a duet together. I miss Scarlett and Gunnar singing together. Their voices meshed together so well.

8. Pat D. says:

It was an ok SVU last night, but honestly, I knew Rollins was working undercover once the (hinted) oral scene went on behind closed doors. I’m usually a pretty easy viewer to fool with plot twists which means this one was not set up very well, or challenging enough.

Even after that, if you hadn’t already figured it out— they were rather obvious about clueing in the rest of the audience of his real identity with Donal Logue’s character expressing great concern over the rape his boss had ordered, which was COMPLETELY out of character for the slimeball he had been playing for the entire episode until that point.

The only thing that really tricked me about the whole situation was that I believed that Rollins had been in on the whole thing from the very beginning—not that she REALLY WAS in gambling trouble again and THEN was recruited. So I didnt really guess that—and really, it would have made Rollins’ reacceptance back into the squad much more believable than “Well, we’re understaffed so I cant transfer you.”

And I agree with david above—they need to get Benson back on the squad somehow–it doesnt feel right with her parked behind the desk or forcing herself (as boss) on cases.

• Emma says:

I must be pretty clueless because I didn’t see that coming, the more the episode went on the more I kept thinking how on earth is Rollins going to be able to stay on the show after this? haha. The question now is does she work hard to stay clean and gain back her coworkers trust, or does she fall back into gambling.

9. racingphan says:

The absolute grossness of that Criminal MInds last night might have turned some off. I deliriously had screaming nightmares til morning!

• wrstlgirl says:

Screaming nightmares?! Your joking right? It wasn’t that bad. I’ve seen far worse.

• That episode was not bad at all. I’m with wrstlgirl. They have done a lot worse than the rabies case. That wasn’t nightmare worthy. And there were worse cases this season than last nights. It was creepy, yes, But not that gross.

10. Coop says:

I think way too many shows have taken those 3+ month hiatus’s – and that is screwing the pooch. Geez, we all get antsy during holiday repeats, but leave us to sit and spin for months on end and sure we’re gonna jump ship. They either need to split shows up into 2 seasons and air say Revolution at 10PM eastern the first half of the season, then throw SVU in the same time and day the second half of the season…and so on – comedies could even do this. We are sick of long delays in seeing our shows – someone needs to slap TPTB a couple times and tell them to snap out of this insane funk!!!! Ratings will continue to decline, or remain flat and no one wants that :) Am I right?!?!!!!

• Katherine215 says:

No, I don’t think you’re right. The long hiatuses for Grey’s and OUAT seem to have worked ok, at least with regard to the ratings for their first episode back. Plus, people wait even longer over summer breaks for their shows. Why can’t you wait a few weeks over winter? Don’t get me wrong, I love Revolution so much and wish it was keeping viewers. But I honestly don’t think the hiatus has as much of an effect as you think it does.

• wrstlgirl says:

If I like a show the hiatus doesn’t cause me to stop watching at all. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like them much but that’s only because I want to see what happens next and don’t want to wait. In a lot of ways, that’s a good thing. If I really enjoy the show I’m gonna be back, I don’t care how long I have to wait. Same can be said if they move one of my favs around their schedule. If I really like it I’m gonna follow and watch, doesn’t matter where they move it to. I’d much prefer the winter or summer hiatus to getting one or two episodes then two weeks off then one or two more episodes and so on. That’s the worst.

11. Vicky says:

CM is good but L&O SVU has not been good since Chris Meloni departure. I stopped watching it 1 year ago. From what you all have said, it sounds really sad.

12. Vanessa says:

The Revolution fan community is really rallying. You should do a story on them, they have some interesting ideas!