Exclusive

Grimm Exclusive Sneak Peek: A Surprising Visitor Lends a Freaked-Out Wu a Sympathetic Ear

Poor Wu!

Grimm‘s sarcastic sergeant didn’t weather his Wesen introduction very well, as evidenced in this exclusive clip from Friday’s episode (NBC, 9/8c), which finds him still holed up in the local sanitarium.

But when Juliette comes by for a visit, it seems to perk him up a little. After all, he’s not the first person to fear insanity after an interlude with the darker side of fairy tales.

RELATED | Exclusive: Grimm Casts Secret Life Actor for Multi-Episode Arc

Plus, Grimm‘s Reggie Lee previews, the fact that Juliette — of all people — shows Wu some compassion “makes it tick in my brain as to what is going on, and how I can best deal with it with myself.”

The fact that Lee and castmate Bitsie Tulloch are very good friends off screen, he adds, helps make the scene “one of my favorite things I’ve ever filmed on the show.”

Press PLAY on the video below to see how the visit unfolds.

1. DL says:

I for one really wanted Nick to come clean with Wu. And seeing how he ended up, I don’t really understand the rationale for keeping him in the dark. C’mon Nick, what gives?

• CBWBDK1 says:

I was expecting that Nick would come clean. Poor wu.

• Katherine215 says:

I wondered the same thing. He came clean with Hank when Hank thought he was going crazy, why didn’t he let Wu in on the secret when Wu came face to face with the crazy grandma in full on woge?

• Here we go again... says:

I’m with all off you. We’ve already been down this road with that long, boring story arc of Juliette and her Wesen crisis. Tell the poor guy the truth and move on!

• Rich Abey says:

Yeah Nick…how come? He’s got a variety of individuals in his close circle, from Wesen folk to plain human folk who are in the wesen-world loop, all of whom can help Wu to adapt. I can’t believe Nick won’t help him despite seeing the state to which the usually energetic wise-cracking guy has fallen to.

2. Marc says:

I cannot believe that they are doing this again. Hank, Juliette now Wu. I think it’s ridiculous that the writers cannot have Nick & Hank sit and Wu and explain about the Wesen work to him. It just plain cruel to have him going crazy knowing that Nick can clear up everything. It doesn’t make Nick look good, especially when he’s done this before.

3. I, kind of, suspected Wu already knew of Wesen but kept quiet. Maybe his best friend when he was little was one, a favorite aunt/uncle (by marriage) was, or even HE was a ‘closet-case’. I just hope he comes back soon.

4. Mary says:

Yeah I really don’t understand why they’re continuing to keep in the dark now that he’s actually been attacked by a wesen. It just doesn’t make any sense.

5. Mikael says:

It’s almost cruel to let Wu think he’s going insane.

6. queerbec says:

Maybe Tulloch wanted a scene with her friend and this is how the writers worked it out.

• mo says:

Because they couldn’t have had her invited to the big sit down? That doesn’t make sense. There’s no good reason to keep Wu in the dark.

7. Carla Krae says:

This scene was really sweet.