Exclusive

Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Lagertha's New Husband May Be an Earl, But He's No Prince

For Vikings‘ Lagertha, marrying up has its downs — as revealed in this exclusive sneak peek from Thursday’s new episode (airing on History, 10/9c).

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Having left Ragnar after finding out about his indiscretion with Princess Auslag, Lagertha, in the wake of this week’s four-year time jump, has married again, to the well-off Earl Sigvard of Scandinavia.

But as seen in the clip below, Lagertha and Sigvard are at odds over his treatment of her son Bjorn (now played as a young man by The Hunger Games‘ Alexander Ludwig), to the point that things get a bit… physical.

RELATED | Vikings‘ Katheryn Winnick Talks ‘Bigger,’ Bloodier Season 2 and Lagertha Hitting Bottom

During her visit to TVLine’s Times Square office, Vikings star Katheryn Winnick said of Lagertha’s future, “She will do right by her son, so he can be a warrior in his own right.” And to that end, “It’s interesting to see where she goes, the choices she makes.”

Loading video...

1. Meg says:

TeamLagertha. I’m interested to see if and when she runs into Ragnar again. It’s obvious he never really loved again after she left him but I wanted to smack him after what he did.

• Shannon says:

Agreed. One thing I loved most was their love and tenderness amid all of the violence and bloodshed. It’s the oldest story in the book, greed and pursuit of more caused him to lose the two things he loved most.

• wrstlgirl says:

I hate it when shows make me feel sorry for a character even though they made their own bed, grrrrrr. I was not happy with Rags choices either but damn he’s good lookin’ :-) :-) That’s me being my shallow best. Love Lagertha to pieces.

• M3rc Nate says:

Smack him based on your western moral compass….I mean this is the couple that invited the monk to a Man-Husband-Wife three way in the first season. These are Vikings…asking for a second woman (mainly cause he wanted more sons) is only bad relative to where and when you live on planet Earth. I mean what they exist off of is raiding/pillaging innocent people and killing them, raping them, taking prisoners to become slaves/sacrifice…but him wanting a second wife is the repulsive thing? Lol….dont get me wrong i dont like Ragnar anymore cause of how hes turning out to be a selfish drunk with a wandering eye only caring about his own personal legacy.

• Meg says:

Well what else am I supposed to compare it to? I do live on planet earth in 2014 and I am allowed to feel how I feel. I don’t really care if that sort of thing happened a lot back then. It’s disgusting and Lagertha obviously wanted nothing to do with it. He should’ve listened to her.

• Sable says:

I totally agree with you. People who can’t adjust their moral compass to another time and place should not be watching or reading period pieces because they won’t enjoy the choices these characters make, which are realistic according to the time and place they live in. These characters are real life characters who existed and their actions are based, with some dramatic license incorporated, on recorded historical fact. I would much rather see things as they were then than limit myself to what is currently considered by many to be good behavior. Morality changes over time and none of us knows what the future will be like in that regard.

2. fun says:

Kill him then she could be the new Earl :)

3. ggny says:

Im happy she is back. Katheryn name wasnt in the opening credit on the last episode and it had me worried. Is she still consider a regular?

4. Marta says:

I hope that Lagertha’s new husband knows that she can & will defend herself if he continues to abuse her son & herself, I wish her well & Ragnar I’m still Angry with you!

5. I hope she gets up and kicks his ass.

6. Carla Krae says:

Ooooo, you don’t hit Lagertha. You’re going down, Earl!

7. WTactualF says:

I LOVE Lagertha. So glad to see her back. Love Katheryn Winnick too. She plays the perfect shield maiden.

8. SEO says:

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues
    of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of unique content
    I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is
    popping it up all over the web without my permission.
    Do you know any techniques to help protect against content from being stolen?
    I’d truly appreciate it.