Pilot Scoop: Once Upon a Time's Rose McIver Lands Lead Role in The CW's iZombie

Rose McIver iZombieRose McIver is really developing a taste for the supernatural.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Last seen as Tinker Bell in ABC’s Once Upon a Time, McIver has been cast as Olivia “Liv” Moore in The CW’s iZombie pilot, TVLine has learned.

The show’s central character, Liv is a med student-turned-zombie who takes a job at the coroner’s office to satisfy her insatiable hunger for brains. With each brain she consumes, she inherits that corpse’s memories; in an attempt to silence the voices in her head, she works with authorities to solve homicide cases.

RELATED | Pilot Scoop: CW Orders Rob Thomas’ iZombie

McIver joins previously announced cast members David Anders (The Vampire Diaries), Malcolm Goodwin (Breakout Kings), Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), Nora Dunn (Saturday Night Live) and Alexandra Krosney (Last Man Standing).

In addition to directing the pilot, Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) also co-wrote with Diane Ruggiero. Both will executive-produce, alongside Danielle Stokdyk and Dan Etheridge.

1. Amanda says:

This is shaping up to be my second favorite cast of pilot season (just behind Flash). Can’t wait.

2. Louise says:

This is starting to sound more and more interesting. I’m happy for Rose McIver, too. She was fantastic as Tinkerbell on OUAT, but they were obviously not going to make her a series regular and she deserves a leading role. I hope we’ll still get to see her as Tink again, though. Sort of like they’re getting Meghan Ory back to guest star as Red Riding Hood although she’s on a new show too now.

3. JimC says:

Whoa…iZombie? I can’t think of a more idiotic storyline than this one. A “Walking Dead” wannabe…CW spare us. This show has flop written all over it. Rose McIver should fire her agent.

• wordsmith says:

Did you actually read that synopsis? How is this show anything like a Walking Dead wannabe? If anything, it has more in common with the vampire shows.
      Also, it’s a Rob Thomas show, so it at least has cult hit written all over it, if not outright hit.

4. alistaircrane says:

I don’t like how they are deviating from the source material. In the comic, the main character is named Gwen and she is a gravedigger. Who wants to watch yet ANOTHER hospital show? Ugh!

• Zach says:

She works in a morgue, from what I understand at a police station. Not a hospital show. I trust Rob Thomas with the source material. He’ll probably make it even better.

• alistaircrane says:

Working in a morgue in a police station makes this a COP show. Even worse! She is supposed to be a gravedigger. That’s a unique profession that isn’t normally depicted on television. Stupid to change something that didn’t need changing.

• Zach says:

Except she’s not a cop. She just works in a building that other cops work in. It’s kind of a big difference. Look, I would be all for her being a gravedigger, but I’d rather just have another Rob Thomas series on the air.

• alistaircrane says:

Normally I’d agree with you, but Rob should be working on a Veronica Mars sequel, or better yet, a new tv series of Veronica Mars.

• wordsmith says:

Trust the adaptation process. CW has a pretty good track record with improving upon source material. See: Arrow, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Tomorrow People, Nikita…

• alistaircrane says:

Arrow?! Seriously?!? That show is unwatchable because they’ve gone so far away from the source material. Oliver’s parents alive? A sister? Diggle? Going by the name “The Hood” and then “Arrow” when he is and always has been Green Arrow? All things that were never part of Green Arrow’s history and never should have been part of the show. I will not “trust the adaptation process” because they should be working harder to create a FAITHFUL adaptation!

• wordsmith says:

Then we’ll have to agree to disagree, because I think that all of the things you just named make the show more interesting than if they had just copied some version of comics canon (which is itself incredibly variable, let’s not forget).

• alistaircrane says:

Ultimately I don’t care about Arrow because *my* Green Arrow is Connor Hawke. So far, they haven’t introduced him so they can’t mess him up….yet.

• Jessie says:

Their adaption of Tomorrow People is horrible.

5. Liz says:

Oh that’s so fabulous for her!!! I wish her the best

6. Addie says:

Awww, I’ll miss Tink but good for Rose! I hope she doesn’t get killed off Once though, it will be nice to potentially bring her back in the future. Though if she were a regular, it would solve all that death speculation (and please don’t comment with who is “obviously” dying, I don’t want to hear it anymore!).

• TheFirst says:

They’ll probably do the same thing they did to Red. The character is still alive, but just not seen by the viewers.

7. Eric says:

I keep getting more and more excited for this show.

8. K. says:

I’m happy for her, but I thinks she deserves to be a on better show. She’s a fantastic actress.

9. spindae2 says:

ohohoho! Nice one here! The cast is pretty good! Rose is a nice actress, she showed some dark and light sides in Once and she was pretty good in Masters of Sex.

10. Ryan says:

Loved her since Power Rangers!

11. Wouter says:

I feel like this is the kind of show that a lot of people expect to be really bad and flop and it turns out it’s actually quite good and enjoyable. Like Reign this Year.

12. Shaun says:

David Anders was in OUAT too.

13. Kaycee says:

It’s a quirky idea which will be different for the CW in an entirely fresh and exciting way. A good cast too! I’m excited I hope it gets picked up.

14. omar says:

Love her. So happy for her!

15. Amanda says:

Very happy for Rose!!! Besides “OUAT”, “Masters of Sex”, and her in the tv movie “Petals on the Wind” she getting so many roles. Love “Veronica Mars” and Rob is such a great writer so this has potentional. Plus will be fun seeing her with David Anders as we haven’t seen their “OUAT” character interact yet. Do hope like Meghan Ory, Joanna Garcia, and Sarah Bolger, Rose will be able to come back if “OUAT” needs her. We still never saw her interact with Peter Pan and all that time she spent in Neverland with him and Hook.

16. Mark says:

I thought she looked very old in Once Upon a Time. Interesting that she’s playing a med student…

17. Ally Oop says:

This show sounds dumb. A procedural that will cause people to gag when she disgustingly eats brains.

18. Joey says:

I wonder if she’ll keep her Kiwi accent for this. I have a Kiwi friend who was so happy she had it as Tinkerbell.

19. Chris says:

I think the flash supernatral spinoff I zombie will get picked up and Mabey the messanges