Big Bang Theory Renewed for 3 More Seasons

Big Bang Theory Renewed Three SeasonsCBS has renewed The Big Bang Theory — aka TV’s most watched, highest rated comedy — for not one, not two, but three more seasons, it was announced on Wednesday.

As such, Sheldon, Leonard, Penny et al will be sticking around through the 2016-17 TV season aka Big Bang‘s Season 10.

“Comedy is a big part of our schedule, and The Big Bang Theory is the biggest comedy force on television,” CBS Entertainment chair Nina Tassler said in a statement. “This multi-year deal further strengthens our network’s position for future seasons and marks another chapter in the great partnership CBS enjoys with Warner Bros. Television for delivering audiences the best in comedy. We’re proud to work with and showcase the incredible talents of Chuck Lorre, Steve Molaro and this amazing cast every week.”

RELATED | Big Bang Theory, Elementary to Dodge Thursday Football By Starting the Fall on a New Night

Season 7 to date, Big Bang is averaging 19.8 million weekly viewers and a 6.1 demo rating, with Live+7 DVR playback factored in. As previously reported, Season 8 likely will kick off (temporarily) on a new night, due to CBS’ new Thursday Night Football commitment.

1. Saundra Smith says:

So glad BBT will be back. I like the diversity of the relationships, as well as the awkwardness of Sheldon and Amy’s relationship. Wonder how things would be if Leonard and Penny got married — how would Sheldon manage —— even if they lived across the hall. THANK YOU writers for your stories — giving the actors REAL comedy to perform for us many appreciative fans. You never seem to be “reaching” to create funny situations, and you never seem to take your audience for granted, or assume we’ll accept ridiculous trash just because we’ve enjoyed you this long.

• Melissa turner says:

I love BBT! I think it would be great if penny and Leonard got married and I would also love it if at some point Amy and Sheldon actually get pysical lol. I’d be really upset if after ten seasons they never progress that far or don’t end up getting married. That would really suck. Get married shamy!! Lol. Also raj needs to actually be able to find someone and stay with her, evryone else has someone. When will it be raj’s turn?!

2. EJONES says:

I am thrilled – I just started watching the Big Bang Theory and am trying to catch up……

3. Patricia says:

I WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY MORE THAN ANY T.V. SHOW ,So Happy TO SEE IT GOING TO STAY ON. I don’t miss a show, I’ll stay up just to watch it. LOVE,LOVE THIS SHOW

4. Thank You CBS!
    This is my first post to you ever!
    I just started speaking out on different topics about two weeks ago.
    Never before this year.

I love the whole cast for the Big Bang Theory!
    They work together so well!
    It’s a Great show!
    “And I’m so glad to know their going to stick around for three more seasons.
    It’s very well written, & they play the parts so well!
    Hilarious!!!
    I Love you Big Bang Theory!
    Thanks Again CBS!

• Patricia says:

Thank You for renewing The Big Theory, My FAVORITE SHOW IN THIS World, I’ve watched the reruns till I know them

5. Dael Klippenstein says:

75k and 125k is just too much and only causes too many commercials.. Frankly the “team” doesn’t deserve even a penny more. There are plenty of people who can replace them. And, that kind of money they’re demanding is plenty enough for almost anyone. (I wonder if Steven Hawking gets that kind of money).