Pretty Little Liars Recap: Wedding Bell Blues

Pretty Little Liars RecapIf last week’s Pretty Little Liars suggested that Mrs. DiLaurentis might be slightly unbalanced, this week’s episode (8/7c, ABC Family) established her as a full-blown maniac.

RELATED | ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, Mystery Girls and More

Mrs. D’s first red flag was raised when Ashley stumbled upon a newly purchased bag of clothes in Alison’s old room, leading the girls to believe she knows her daughter is still alive. During a phone call at the end of the episode, Ali insisted her mom is still in the dark, but when the girls went to meet Ali for more info., who do you think beat them to the punch?

That’s right — Captain Crazy, herself! At least, I think it was her. We didn’t see the woman’s face, so it’s possible it could be another femme fatale. Melissa, perhaps?

R.I.PAILY | After Emily confronted Paige about her letter to the cops, Paige begged for her forgiveness — but it was too little, too late. Though Emily said she’s able to forgive Paige’s betrayal, she’ll never be able to trust her again. I’m thinking this might really be the end of Emily and Paige’s relationship, and honestly, I say good riddance. It was once a beautiful thing, but too much has happened for the girls to ever get back to where they used to be. Sometimes, it’s just best to “Let It Go,” Adele Dazeem-style.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Season Finale Sneak Peek: Ian, Noel and More Return — 24 Shocking Pics

JASON DI-LIE-RENTIS | PLL fans have been eagerly awaiting Jason’s return to Rosewood, which finally came this week — but not without a major catch! Jason told Spencer a sob story about how he’s been bettering himself at the Clark Center, but Dean informed Spencer that the Clark Center has been closed for two years! So… where’s Jason really been all this time?

DAUGHTER OF THE BRIDE | Speaking of long-awaited returns, Ella came back from Vienna this week with some big news: Zach asked her to marry him! Surprisingly, Aria stood up to her mother, chastising her for selfishly abandoning their family. And while I agree that it’s about time someone addressed the lack of adult supervision in Rosewood, Ella’s speech to Aria at the bridal show broke my heart into little tiny A-shaped pieces. She deserves to be happy.

WHO’S IN THE GRAVE? | And then there’s the million-dollar question: Who is in Alison’s grave? Detective Holbrook questioned Mrs. DiLaurentis about that this week, and considering the stern response he got, I’m thinking his days are numbered. (Hey, at least we’ll see Sean Faris in the Supernatural spin-off!) Hopefully this is the last week of new questions before we finally get some answers on the season finale.

What do you make of this week’s revelAtions? Was it Mrs. D who spoke to the girls in the episode’s final moments, or someone else? Next week’s the big finale, so now’s your last chance to drop a comment with your theories!

1. Ems says:

I thought Jason claimed to be rehabbing at the Clark Center, and Dean told Spencer that it has been closed for 2 years, thus Jason was lying about where he has been.

2. Nishat says:

I think it’s backwards…Dean told Spencer about the Clark Center, meaning we don’t know where JASON had been

3. Lou says:

It was Jason who was lying about going to the Clark Center, not Dean!

4. Amy says:

You know what i’m sorry but Emily checked out of the Paige relationship a long time ago, and whats this about trust? Maybe if she told Paige the truth more often then Paige wouldn’t have gone to the cops but I doubt it because they are already setting up Emily/Ali really though we didn’t have much time to like Emily/Paige they got a few scenes here and there but nothing compared to the hetero couples.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I agree. She can’t trust Paige? She’s been obsessed with Ali ever since she found out she was alive. The same Ali who lesbian-shamed her, manipulated her and treated her like garbage. Team Paige!

5. anonymous says:

I didn’t see mrs. d at the end of the show when all the girls turned around and asked “what are you doing here?” am I the only one that missed her??

6. Emily Fields says:

UM… WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT PAILY!!!!!!

7. lk says:

Wouldn’t Spencer have noticed the bones in her corset when she put the dress on??

8. M.d says:

If remember correctly Aria encourage her mother to go with her boyfriend to Vienna. WTF Aria!!!

• Angel says:

She did! I think she even told Mike it was selfish to keep her at home cause she deserved to be happy after everything that had happened… These writers are awful.

9. Nicole says:

It was a women who buried Ali. If you listen in the promo Ali says I was tying to tell HER I was still alive and it how’s someone burying Ali with dirt. So it could be Cece, Spencer?, Melissa? Ali’s mom? it showed that Melissa was back in the promo for next week.

10. Maria says:

I’m sorry but I never took Paige and Emily’s relationship seriously. I found it hard to believe that Emily would even consider dating her given everything she’s done (the pool fiasco, the advances she made while Emily was with Maya, the drunken outburst last season, etc.). I hate that the writers sabotaged Emily/Maya for the sake of Paige/Emily when the former was a better relationship. There was no reason to have Maya killed whatsoever.

11. Riana says:

We need Jason to be a regular for Season 5. Make it happen, Marlene

• Sam says:

Unless something happens with him on Devious Maids, that’s not happening any time soon.

• Riana says:

People die on that show.

• Meredith says:

I really need Jason and Aria to get together though. Does anyone know whether the taping schedules for the two shows are the same? I know his character was headed to Africa at the end of Devious’ first season. Maybe they’ll find a way to keep his character there longer?

12. Britt says:

In the pics from next weeks episode on E!, it shows Noel in the same room with the girls on the couch so I’m betting it’s him at the end of the episode.

13. A says:

I have been saying this since season 1, and I will stick stubbornly by it: Melissa is behind everything! I have no idea how or why but she is. She is the only one smart enough.

14. Dani says:

Hopefully Paige/Emily are over. That relationship was unbelievable from the start. I mean common, you don’t date a girl that tried to drown you.
    So Jason is back but of course he lied about where he has been. No real surprise there.
    For the first time since Spencer’s addiction back story came to light I really felt for her when she couldn’t remember about that summer and her mother saying that she behaved like two different persons.
    So happy that Ella was back and I think it’s great that she and Zach are engaged. I kinda wished Aria would have told her that Ezra knew who she was from the beginning and was writing a book about Ali’s murder.
    I kinda like Spencer/Dean together. I hope he’ll be back for season five. Yeah, yeah I know lots of Spoby fans out there but I think it’s time for a little competition.
    Still don’t into Hanna and Travis. Guy can’t act. Somehow I hope Caleb comes back or Hanna gets another love interest.

• Jillian says:

Nathaniel Buzolic who plays Dean just booked one of the leads in the Supernatural spin off so don’t hold your breath on him returning to PLL

• FAK U BRO! says:

I didnt like how Paige and Emily were together aswell. Its like a weird feeling. I think Em and Ali would be a good match. ;)

• Erin says:

I really liked Dean too, and will be super disappointed if that’s the last we see of him. As for Toby, a couple episodes ago they showed Spencer getting a letter from him (from London I think) and he hasn’t been seen or heard from since. Did we ever actually see/hear what the letter said, or did I just miss it?

15. Tara says:

What the hell why is there a voice over thats way out of time?? Worst episode ever. Im so confused by it.

16. Stacie says:

Emily has been checked out of the relationship since she hurt her shoulder and couldn’t swim, and found out she probably wouldn’t go to the same college as Paige in the future. She saw that their future was limited so she began to lose more and more trust and lost some interest in Paige. It didn’t help that Lindsey Shaw(Paige) wasn’t in a ton of episodes, but it is what it is. Once Ali turned up alive it was all done. That was literally the nail in the coffin, no pun intended. The combination of Emily’s first love coming back, coupled with her resentment and hurt of Paige being successful in swimming and going to a great college while Emily is not was it. We’ll see what happens after everything happens with Ali, but that’s a huge plot that is gonna monopolize a ton of Season 5.

17. Cory says:

This show used to be so great. What happened?? Aria… Disgusting. She practically forced her mother to leave and pursue a relationship and now she’s angry? Really?

Maybe I’m just bitter because I read the leaked scripts and feel this season has been nothing but boring filler and the finale next week is going to be insanely stupid unless they did rewrites after the leak. Ravenswood handled the mystery aspect much better than PLL ever has, giving you small answers and clues every episode instead of total red herrings. I hope next season they’ll take a page from their own book and start writing better episodes.

• Melanie says:

She act that way out of fear from A threatening their parents with what was going on with Ashley’s- Hanna’s mother.

18. shuayb says:

Isn’t it funny both Nathaniel Buzolic (Dean) and Sean Faris are going to be in Supernatural Spin Off?

19. Terry says:

Not that it’s terribly important, but Aria did push her mom off to travel with Zack. Aria’s reaction, in her damaged state, was actually pretty accurate. When people are hurt, they lash out at everyone where it’s ration or not. Just my two cents.

20. Lucy says:

Why is there a weird out of time voice-over in this episode?!

21. PailY all the way Emily and paige always had a connection since season one and I honestly think there was something really the fact that people hate coz it was an indescribable feeling which was good and some cannot relate to that and the fact that paige went to the cops and did what she did was out of love and protection emily just couldn’t see that because she was to caught up in Ali’s circle I’ve been watching PLL just for the fact that Paige and Emily now I don’t think I’ll ever be able to find interest anymorE forever shipping PaiLy

22. Emaya says:

SO LONG PAILY. I’m glad they broke up for good.