Exclusive Video: Kristen Bell Talks Logan Vs. Piz, 'Blurred Lines' On the Set and Veronica Mars 2

Kristen Bell InterviewWhen Kristen Bell recently stopped by the TVLine offices, of course we talked about everything you’d expect us to: her hopes that the Veronica Mars movie will satisfy the fans who bankrolled it, how it felt to reunite after so long with her Neptune High classmates, Logan vs. Piz, the works. But then, the conversation turned…

PHOTOS | Veronica Mars Movie Scoop: Love Lives, Jobs and Offspring Exposed! Plus: A ‘Mature’ Logan?

Suddenly, she was telling me about an experience on the set that was “like a giant French kiss,” gossiping about the castmate that Rob Thomas hired even though she warned him, “No way! He’s no good!” and baiting me with a role in Veronica Mars 2… and the likelihood that there will be a Veronica Mars 2.

So what are you waiting for? Press PLAY below and dive in!

1. MM9 says:

Michael Ausielio, why must you make my day with this interview.

You and your wily ways.

• MM9 says:

See, I even put an unnecessary i in your name, that’s how thrown this has made me.

• Annie says:

Yeah it’s awesome – but would you guys *please* do transcripts? Not everyone is possessed of unimpaired hearing. It’s just not accessible, and it should be.

2. Aidan says:

No one is better than Kristen Bell. She’s the best! So excited for this movie!!! Here’s to hoping this is the start of a new Veronica Mars franchise!!

• e says:

SO excited for the movie tomorrow! any ideas if the movie will be available on-demand via amazon or iTunes at midnight 3/14? or will it become available midday?

• Christie says:

The movie is out on Itunes tomorrow.

• e says:

i know! wasn’t sure what time it goes live though… was considering staying up till midnight if it went live right as the clock struck 3/14, but won’t bother if it’s not on till midday

3. stin says:

excitement cannot, will not be contained.

4. LaPiquante says:

The return of “Man Without Underpants!” Now I’m looking forward to VMars2!!

5. Michael Ausiello: This is is the best interview about the movie (and with Kristen) that I have seen, yet! You can definitely tell a TRUE Marshmallow amongst the critics and reviewers. Some claim it, but you live it! I actually got emotional watching this interview! Thanks for always believing that it was gonna happen!

• jerrired says:

That’s honestly why I love TVLine above any of the other pop culture related sites, all the writers love what they’re writing about. They’re true fans and care about the series they cover just as much any of us crazy fans. It’s exciting to see things like this interview, because you know they’ll be passion behind it that you won’t see at any other entertainment news site and magazine. So thanks for the great interview. Let’s hope if there is a VMars 2, Kristen keeps her promise.

• Lecholls says:

Agreed. By far.

6. Lia says:

Great interview. And now it makes me a bit sad that I read elsewhere that Freddie Prinze Jr. has never watched Buffy. Pfff. That’s how you stand by your woman, man! Great job, Dax!

7. e says:

curious: this number she speaks of to get to veronica mars 2… is that solely based on movie theater sales, or does that also include the amazon/itunes purchases as well? not sure how all of that is tracked and if those totals can be merged for that final, magical number. I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT FOR FRIDAY.

8. Et al says:

Is it Friday yet?

9. M3rc Nate says:

What i love most about this movie being made, and i hope to god it makes its money to at least be a success, but best of all hitting the mark to make another….is it is being followed by Zach Levi and the people wanting to make a Chuck movie. I am pretty positive he saw VM be super successful with Crowd Funding and it getting made that he said “wow, that worked for them, it can work for Chuck…lets get this ball rolling” and now in a few weeks/month or something the Chuck crowd funding is gonna start.

• JJ says:

I could not support a new Chuck movie unless there was a resurrection and significant role for Bryce Larkin. (non negotiable – I loved Matt Bomer as Bryce ) And a true return to the Buy More instead of the tepid spy show Chuck turned into last couple of seasons.

• M3rc Nate says:

I love Matt Bomer on WC but i didnt like Bryce. Overall he was a dick, especially to Chuck (even when he didnt need to be).

I can think of a few different story/plot lines that would be FANTASTIC for a movie to rap up the series (especially giving the answer of what happened to Chuck & Sarah). For one i could see Chuck and Sarah married with two kids in a house, doing the “contractor digital spy” thing especially since all the NSA/Snowden stuff thats come out, and something happens to Casey & Morgan who are field-operators and they have to go back into the field (rusty, now parents etc) and save them even though they vowed to never go back into the field cause of being married with kids.

• Matt says:

I loved Chuck dearly but for me I needed to revisit Neptune. This movie was important for that reason. I want more Veronica Mars now that I’ve had a taste but I could die satisfied. This movie gave the closure to a series that didn’t have a proper finale. Chuck had a beautiful ending. I loved it going out on that kiss.

10. Kasey C. says:

As one of the lucky backers at last Friday’s Austin premiere, I can say with full confidence that our money was not wasted. Not a single cent. It is an awesome movie by itself for the uninitiated. It’s also a giant love letter to the devoted fans of Veronica Mars. You will not be disappointed.

11. matty says:

omg she ends up with piz! noooo! (I’m just guessing from that exchange). I actually loved the character of Piz (and chris Lowell is adorable) but Veronica and Logan have an epic love, sweeping across years and continents. this reminds me, does anyone know if Duncan is back with his 9(?) year old daughter? (and I love that dax fell in love with veronica too.) okay Friday is so far away. I think i’ll be leaving work early lol

• Kasey C. says:

I refuse to give any spoilers as to the Piz-Logan-Veronica triangle, but I can tell you that no, Duncan and Lilly Jr. do not make an appearance.

• JJ says:

Thank you for not offering spoilers – I’m just fretting lol. Understandable they can only get so many characters in and still have a strong main plot line, but if they do a second movie it would be kind of cool to see Duncan and what will then be an 11/12 yr old Lilly. (If Teddy Dunn is still out of acting maybe that guy who plays George in Hart of Dixie could play Duncan:))

• Kasey C says:

I agree it would be interesting to see that story brought back. I’ve always kind of thought that Teddy Dunn resembled Shane West. Perhaps he could step in. :)

12. Tina B. says:

I love everybody in Veronica Mars and especially Kristen and Rob, but what the hell does she mean that it’s not a final decision?! If she is with Logan, it better be final! And she had better be with Logan and not Piz! My head hurts from the constant back and forth of LoVe, please just some relief from the whiplash! Lol

• Kasey C says:

Don’t forget that the entire series is made in the noir style, as is the film. A noir happy ending isn’t like a fairy tale happy ending.

13. Mary T says:

I’m disappointed with Kristen from this interview. She talks about giving fans a movie they will be happy with – a love letter to fans – and then in the same breath says that the decision about her love life in the movie is not final.

• nate says:

and what the hell is there ro be disappointed about

• Mary T says:

The disappointment is from hearing her say that she was very excited for the fans to really love the movie, implying the storyline and thus how it concludes. And then later she says that the decision made isn’t final. It’s another way of saying that the closure referenced giving fans isn’t actually closure. I found it disappointing. It’s my opinion. You don’t have to share it.

• Stacy says:

I think she’s saying there’s still another story to tell. They’re already hoping for VMars 2, why would they wrap this up like a series finale with a bow on top? Honestly, the appeal to most LoVe shippers is the push/pull. Regardless of whether it’s Piz or Logan, this isn’t the end. I love the LoVe dynamic, especially the fantastic banter, but this show is WAY more than just some ship. Have faith! :)

14. alistaircrane says:

If Warner Bros doesn’t want to fund a sequel, we’ll fund it ourselves through Kickstarter again.

15. Sara says:

I like Kristen a lot and love Veronica Mars. I’m not even a LoVe shipper necessarily. But I’d love to hear Kristen actually talk about something positive about Logan without just talking about how hot Jason Dohring is in the show or movie. There were three seasons of character arc and now a movie that she could talk about. She’s not a Logan fan.

16. B says:

I will be going to a theater to see the film, without a doubt. I backed the project and I need Veronica on the big screen. I cannot wait.

17. Nicole says:

Unfortunately VM isn’t playing near me. I requested Friday off from work just so I can drive 65 miles to the nearest AMC theater that is playing it. Well worth it though.

• Becky says:

I’m driving 100 miles to get to the nearest AMC…. Me and my friends are making a road trip out of it!! So worth it!!!

• Daisy says:

I’m lucky enough to live in a metro area where numerous theaters are playing VM, but I’m am so heartened to hear that you will be travelling so far. If it were me, I would be doing the same thing, so this is just so awesome to me! I’m seeing the movie with every VM fan I know (and even recruited new ones). I am beyond thrilled to see this movie and it really makes me happy to see other fans going to so much effort to see it to! Yay you!

18. Jennifer says:

I plan to see the movie in the theater, but I also pre-ordered it on Amazon… You can download it/watch it on the 14th! Might be an option for people who can’t find the movie showing somewhere near them. I even emailed the Amazon Customer Service people to make sure they weren’t messing with me. It’s legit!

19. Ashbash says:

I think Veronica pulls a Kelly Taylor I choose me instead of choosing Piz or Logan and I know this is definitely a minority opinion but I’m crossing my fingers she picks Leo because c’mon Veronica and Leo just didn’t get that much of a chance on the show and who doesn’t love Max Greenberg :)

20. Amanda says:

I love Veronica Mars, I’m eager to watch the movie, unfortunately, I’m from Brazil and I have no idea if and when we’re gonna have VM in theatres. I don’t want a DVD or a downloaded version, I want the real deal in big screen!

21. alison says:

Oh boy. She ends up with Logan! I wanted her to end with Piz. But you can tell by her response she picks Logan. KB is all for Pizonica.

22. Megan says:

I love how one commenter says “she definitely picks Piz” and another says “she definitely picks Logan” based on KB’s reaction to the question, haha. I don’t want to, but if I have to, I am emotionally prepared to remove my “Team Piz” t-shirt in shame before exiting the theater. Can’t wait to see it the pre-screening event in DC tomorrow!!!! Any other TVLiners going to the Tysons show?

• alison says:

KB, Chris Lowell, and Dax are all Piz supporters. KB is pretty dismissive of LoVe, making it sound like it’s all about sex and heat. I can see Rob Thomas kind of pandering to the audience a bit and making it all about LoVe. Like piz aint sexy though, shoot. those eyes? come on.

• Tookie Clothespin says:

I think that KB is a Piz supporter because she is more mature. I understand that this is a generalization but, women seem to prefer the bad boy when they are younger and less mature and as they get older they settle, for lack of a better word, for a safer guy. Kristen Bell wants Veronica with Piz because she would want to be with a guy like Piz. Safe, smart, kind, puts her needs and wants ahead of his own. People on this site may call him boring and they can say what they want about boring. But, at least Piz won’t end up getting her knifed in an alley by one of his enemies the way that Logan will.

• Yes says:

There really needs to be a better word than settle hah, it just won’t work in the end, assuming the guys doesn’t run before it even begins hah.

23. Whatevah says:

All the reasons she gave for Veronica being with *yawn* Piz are reasons she could give for Veronica being w/ Logan. Logan would do anything for Veronica. Just because their relationship in the beginning wasn’t good, doesn’t mean that at the end the guy wasn’t totally there for her. LoVe all the way.

24. GoT Snow says:

Great interview! Hope Veronica kicks butt in the film and takes names. Also, hope that Logan doesn’t act like a baby and that Piz isn’t disregarded. Shouldn’t the sweet, charming, intelligent guy get the girl? And I’m so excited to see Wallace again! :)

25. Lecholls says:

Michael and Kristen– always a pleasure. I hope Michael really does get a little part in VMars 2. I loved him in “The Quick and the Wed.”

26. robinepowell says:

Really hoping this movie brings in enough money at the box office for a sequel. Even though it’s not playing at a lot of theatres.

27. Mikael says:

I hope this whole experience will push WB to greenlight another VM movie.

28. wgsecretary says:

Love Kristin Bell. She’s great to watch in interviews. She and Dax are adorable. Plus, she’s very charity minded. But, the thing that just made me a bigger fan is she said she’s not sure Veronica made the right choice in the movie. I won’t spoil it for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet. But, that’s how I felt too! I’m glad I wasn’t the only one!

• alison says:

I think she made the right choice for herself. It wasn’t the decision I would have made (with you on that), but when [spoilers] was said by [spoilers], she was like, ah, well. What can you do. then moved on. she wasn’t all that affected.

29. Hope Hampton says:

I would like to know it there will be a season 4 of Veronica Mars and when it will be out on DVD.

30. Gloria says:

I really loved the show and the movie. I hope there will be a sequel. Please let Veronica and Logan stay together, they are perfect together