What to Watch Tuesday: S.H.I.E.L.D. Meets Thor, Raylan Vs. Eric Roberts, Sitcom Weddings & More

JAIMIE ALEXANDEROn TV this Tuesday: Thor’s Lady Sif gives S.H.I.E.L.D. an assist, the Glee club heads to Nationals and both Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Trophy Wife are planning weddings. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PHOTOS | The Originals Sneak Peek: Klaus Raises the Stakes in His Ongoing War With Rebekah

VIDEO | Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Emily and Paige’s Biggest Fight Yet — Is a Breakup Imminent?

8 pm Glee (Fox) | New Directions heads to Los Angeles to compete in Nationals – and two special guests tag along. Marlee Matlin (Switched at Birth), Jackée Harry (Sister, Sister), Skylar Astin (Pitch Perfect) and YouTube sensation Johanna Rohrback guest-star. (Get a first look.)

8 pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) | Thor’s Lady Sif (Jaimie Alexander) teams up with Coulson and the team to save them from her longtime nemesis Lorelai, a deadly Asgardian seductress.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

9 pm From Dusk Till Dawn (El Rey Network) | Series premiere: Based on Robert Rodriguez’s cult classic, this 10-episode supernatural crime saga centers around Seth Gecko (D.J. Cotrona, Detroit 1-8-7) and his violent brother Richard (Zane Holtz, Make It or Break It), bank robbers wanted by the FBI and Texas Rangers Earl McGraw (Don Johnson, Nash Bridges) and Freddie Gonzalez (Jesse Garcia, Sons of Anarchy). Escaping to Mexico, the brothers run into former pastor Jacob Fuller (Robert Patrick, The X-Files) and take him and his family hostage — ultimately winding up at a vampire-filled strip club. (Click “Watch Now” to find El Rey in your nabe.)

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | Jess hires, and then must fire, Coach as the school’s new volleyball coach; Schmidt gets sued and enlists only the best Nick and Winston to represent him at the deposition.

9:30 pm Trophy Wife (ABC) | Kate plans her dream wedding after realizing she robbed herself of that special moment by eloping. Megan Mullally (Will & Grace), Dennis Haysbert (24) and Nat Faxon (Ben and Kate) guest-star.

9:30 pm Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox) | Charles asks Jake to be the best man at his wedding – a role complete with cake tasting and floral arrangements – while Terry, Amy and Gina support each other as they start a new extreme diet. (So… no cake for them?)

RELATED | TV Calendar: 70+ March Premiere and Finale Dates

10 pm Justified (FX) | Raylan partners jst_509_WrongRoads_0717with a maverick DEA agent (Star 80‘s Eric Roberts) whose bad behavior feels uncomfortably familiar; Boyd makes a hard choice to protect Ava.

10 pm Perception (TNT) | Pierce receives a tip that the CIA might be assassinating U.S. citizens — a conspiracy that gets even more complicated when one of his close friends is murdered.

10 pm My Big Fat Geek Wedding (Syfy) | After meeting online while playing Final Fantasy and then engaging in an eight-year courtship, Julian and Mandie are tying the knot in a medieval fantasy-style wedding – complete with a castle venue, a sword fight and elaborate props.

10:30 pm Let’s Stay Together (BET) | Time-slot premiere: In order to avoid cultural events that he hates, Charles encourages Stacy to go out with Dr. Sutton, while Jamal and Tasha try to get the twins into a prestigious preschool.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

GET MORE: Premieres, Previews, What to Watch

1. AGB says:

Wondering how low can Glee go before they move it out of that timeslot.

I’m gonna give S.H.I.E.L.D. one last chance, it’s gotten better recently but it bores me.

I miss The Mindy Project.

2. Justin says:

SHIELD, Rizzoli & Isles, Perception, Mind Games and Cougartown.

3. Tessa says:

Glee
    New Girl-live

4. Naazneen says:

The orignals! yay!

5. Alia says:

S.H.I.E.L.D’s big problem is Skye, they should rename the show to Agents of Skye. I love the show but I see it sooooooooo cancelled.

• Badpenny says:

Skye isn’t the promise. It’s the premise. IE, lack of superheroes and stupid scripts full of youngsters to try and draw the younger crowd to watch it – on the idea that kids like to watch young people doing things.
      Look at last week’s episode. They killed 2 Shield agents and blew up a government facility to save Skye. How can killing 2 agents and blowing up the base not have major consequences for the group? But it won’t. The group will just keep on keeping on.
      I expect it to get renewed, though. While it has not beaten NCIS it’s held more rating then anything else to have gone against NCIS; and since 4 of the stars are unknowns they’re not commanding a huge fee. Plus Disney owns ABC and Marvel so it’s all in-house.

• Anne says:

To be far, they did ask nicely to be let in and explained the situation. I honestly could care less that the SHIELD agents died because they were clearly either complacent with Tahiti or really ignorant about there work place. Either way Hand is coming back after tonight’s episode and she will discipline them all, or try to unless Fury interferes.

• Badpenny says:

I can only assume you’ve never been in the military. Just because you “ask nicely” does not mean they let you into a secret military base without the proper authorization. Try getting into Area 51 by asking nicely, and then kill people stationed there when they don’t let you in, and see what happens.

• Barrett Wallace says:

Badpenny, you clearly were not paying attention. The site was not a SHIELD site, therefore they were not SHIELD agents. That being said, Coulson did not know them but he does know Skye and if it were I, I would put down two strangers to save the life of someone who had done a very good job to save me, consequence be damned.
        At this point SHIELD is in disarray and while there may be consequences at a later time, I would not expect it to happen any time soon.
        I too expect the show to be renewed, by the way.

• Badpenny says:

It was a government site; the site where Coulson was saved. While it might not have been a Shield-specific site, though I think it was a research branch of Shield, it was still a top secret government site. So I guess that means you’re OK with killing Marines on a base to save your Army pal? Or you’re OK with destroying an CIA facility just because you’re FBI?
          And Shield is not in disarray, yet. I don’t expect to see Shield go into disarray until after Fury gets killed in Winter Soldier. Right now you simply have Coulson’s team doing whatever it wants, and damn the consequences.

• Maryann says:

I know you likely do not consider it a spoiler but I do NOT appreciate learning this way that Nick Fury dies in Winter Soldier. That will have a major negative impact on my enjoyment of the movie.

• Badpenny says:

Sorry, Maryann, but if you have seen any of the Captain America commercials on TV or YouTube then you see them insinuate he’s dead and his body covered by a sheet.

6. kd83954 says:

I’ll be tuning into FOX tonight and will catch The Trophy Wife tomorrow on Hulu! I’m genuinely curious as to how Sif affects SHIELD so I may watch that as well.

7. Eric7740 says:

Pretty Little Liars
    Glee
    The Originals
    Rizzoli & Isles
    Cougar Town

8. bj says:

I felt the same way about the two dead Shield agents, Badpenny. How can they justify killing two fellow agents who are just doing their job, to help Skye.

I’m also miffed that NCIS and NCIS LA are repeats again!

I’ll watch Rizzoli and Isles and Justified.

• Jeff says:

To me it wasn’t clear that they were Shield, or actually some kind of rogue group.

• Barrett Wallace says:

It wasn’t a SHIELD site. They were not SHIELD agents. Skye was instrumental in finding Coulson when he was being tortured by Poe and Raina, she saved him. Would you really just let her die?

• Badpenny says:

It was the site where Shield took Coulson to save him, so it clearly has some government connection. And let’s keep in mind that Coulson didn’t want Skye to get the cure once he saw who it came from; so he was clearly willing to let her die rather then get the treatment.

9. Joey Padron says:

Agents of Shield excited to see Lady Sif on show. New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, About A Boy, Kroll show and Jimmy Fallon.

10. Tran 2.0 says:

Pretty Little Liars (last episode before the season finale) and Chicago Fire. On Demand: Agents of SHIELD (Lady Sif vs. Lorelai).

11. sarah says:

Hmm! None of the shows I am watching are on the list!
    Originals (yes there is a sneak peak link)
    Twisted
    Chicago Fire

12. Dave says:

The Originals
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    The Goldbergs
    Pretty Little Liars

Giving up on Cougar Town, it has become painfully unfunny.

13. Tommy says:

Glee
    Pretty Little Liars
    From Dusk Till Dawn (really looking forward to this!)

14. Lecholls says:

New Girl and B99

15. Jamie says:

Glee! Nationals and Skylar Astin!
    New Girl

16. bj says:

I never miss Chicago Fire.

17. Thea says:

Agents of Shield
    New Girl
    DVRing Glee

18. Georgia Madman says:

Lady Sif!!! That’s where I’ll be tonight. And Justified, too.

19. GhostWolf says:

Originals, DVR Justified and SHIELD. Boo to the CBS lineup being all repeats.

20. DarkDefender says:

The Goldbergs
    Trophy Wife

Tuesdays!!!!

23. LAwoman says:

Glee, Cougar Town, Justified

24. Jason says:

Is this “Enchantress” on shield?