Teen Wolf Adds Flowers in the Attic's Mason Dye

mason-dyeThe Beacon Hills locker room is getting more crowded by the minute.

Flowers in the Attic‘s Mason Dye is one of three new players who’ll join Teen Wolf‘s lacrosse team this season, according to E!.

RELATED | ‘Ship Shape: How Fave Pairs From Teen WolfArrowNashville and More Are Faring

Dye and Khylin Rhambo (Ender’s Game, The First Family) have been cast as Garrett and Mason, respectively. Both boys will play LAX for the school; Garrett is a new student, and Mason is a gay freshman with a sense of humor.

Dylan Sprayberry (Glee, Criminal Minds) also will join the series as Liam, a cocky freshman who impresses his teammates with his athletic abilities.

1. Brendan says:

So Mason will be playing Garrett and Khylin will be playing Mason… >_< Why you gotta do that?

2. Liz says:

Oh yay! Another athletic white boy. Just the other day I was commenting on how Teen Wolf doesn’t have enough white men on it.
    Love the show, but come on! Some more diversity (in ALL areas) will not kill you.

3. Andrew Hass says:

I do think Teen Wolf needs more diversity and the new actor doesn’t even have to be African-American per se.However i do think it’s good about the show adding a gay character.

• alistaircrane says:

He will actually be their third gay character. And there are an awful lot of Asians on the show this season, so they are doing more than well in the race department.

• Lena says:

There are more gay characters than African American characters on this show. Or are you thinking about the random black kid in the school hallway? Isn’t Danny gay? And one of the twins? Anyway, I do agree more diversity would be a wonderful thing.

4. Ian says:

So Khylin Rhambo’s black and his character’s gay????
    He’ll be the first one to die next season, I’m calling it now.

Whereas both Mason Dye and Dylan Sprayberry are the more traditionally hunky white pretty boys. So of course they’ll be the bigger additions, playing more important roles in the storylines in season 4.

• alistaircrane says:

Oh boo hoo! It’s sad that you watch a show based merely on race.

• Lena says:

No, some of us just live in a world where we understand diversity exists and we would like to see a representation of that on television and Hollywood. Keep enjoying your eye candy, since that is the degree of appreciation you are capable of extending to the comment section. Bye.

• Ian says:

Well said Lena.

Also Mason’s ‘got a sense of humor’? So he’s black, gay, and a comedy character. It’s the token trifecta. He could possibly be the most offensive thing ever on the show. I have to wonder what Jeff Davis is thinking.

• Steven says:

So there’s a black guy who’s gay and you immediately jump to it being offensive and token? Why not give it a chance. I’m sure there are actually some black people who are gay who would be happy to be represented on TV.

• Tai says:

Very well said. It’s so annoying that the second a comment is made about diversity on a show, people need to pop up with negativity and mockery. Whatever. I’m going to reserve judgement about the new character Mason until we actually see him. The description is leaving me a little on the fence but I’m holding onto the hope that he’s not going to be a stereotype that makes me cringe and hope for a wolf to get him.

• alistaircrane says:

There’s plenty of diversity on television. There’s no need for blacks, Asians, Hispanics, etc. to invade every damn show on television. Keep in mind the Teen Wolf himself is Latino.

• Tai says:

Wow, first off, calm down. Second, you like you have a right to an opinion, so do I. And while you might not like blacks and Latinos in your every day life, I kinda do. Comes from the fact that I am black. So yeah I guess really enjoy seeing people who look like me and aren’t stereotypes. Not sorry about that by the way. I have absolutely no idea why having a few more ethnic people on television would offend you so much but I’ll just leave it at that as I’m really not about to get in an argument with someone on the internet about a television show.

• alistaircrane says:

I’m not going anywhere, hun. I like white guys—got a problem with that? I don’t experience Asians and blacks in my daily life, so I have no interest in seeing them on television.

5. Mary Kate says:

Okay more than one person has to be dying…how are they going to have room on the show for all these characters?!

6. I’m excited that there will be a black gay male on television. There hasn’t been one since Keith on Six Feet Under, Carter from Spin City, and Noah’s Arc.

7. delilah says:

They should have made mason dye liam that would have been better