Teen Wolf Recap: 'Chaos Has Come Again'

Teen Wolf Stiles RecapThis week’s Teen Wolf kicked Operation: Save Stiles into high gear, but because literally no one was on the same page about how to make that happen, the plan quickly dissolved into utter chaos — and that’s just how the Nogitsune likes it.

RELATED | Teen Wolf Adds Flowers in the Attic‘s Mason Dye

Being the crafty little fox-spirit that it is, the Nogitsune managed to trick Stiles’ rescuers into rescuing it from the Oni army. What ensued was yet another epic battle that Scott and Kira somehow managed to miss by mere seconds. (Seriously, what took them so long to get there?!)

And the night only got more messed up from there…

FLY, MY PRETTIES | Following an intense interaction with Kira’s mom — like there’s any other kind of interaction with her — Evil Stiles shanked a hole in his body from which a swarm of pesky flies emerged. “Chaos has come again,” E.S. muttered, as the little buggers found their way into nearly every werewolf in town and proceeded to drive them all bananas.

teen-wolf-twinsWERE-FIGHT CLUB | The first to go bananas was Isaac, who is thankfully not dead, despite his conspicuous absence from last week’s episode. He showed up in Allison’s room for a bit of boning, then proceeded to leg-cuff her to the bed so he could do more boning scoot off and kill the twins.

Speaking of the twins (and boning), we also got a little more Danny/Ethan action this week, even if it was merely the suggestion of a shower scene before the camera cut away. (Never have Teen Wolf fans been left so incredibly thirsty.)

After establishing that he’s “not witty,” Isaac tased the Wonder Twins, inciting an every-wolf-for-himself battle royale. Allison and Kira joined the fray for a bit, but let’s be real… even with the Katana, which Allison suddenly knew how to use for some reason, neither of them really stood a chance.

teen-wolf-derekBURN, BURN, BURN | Meanwhile, Derek managed to out-crazy all three of the aforementioned wolves by kidnapping Papa Argent and threatening to light him on fire. There was a lot of grunting and gun-pointing and it was very stressful for all parties involved. If only Derek and his tank top had stayed home and played chess, all of this could have been avoided. Plus, there would have been more tank top!

#SCIRA | Here’s one of the many things I love about Scott: Even in the midst of complete and utter chaos, he still found time for romance. During his little slumber party with Kira this week, Scott offered to take the couch — he’s a gentleman like that — but Kira asked him, very nicely I might add, to join her in bed. They snuggled and put their mouths together and it was very cute and nice.

MIND GAMES | As a last ditch effort to loosen the Nogitsune’s grip, Scott and Lydia entered Stiles’ mind, which proved to be a twisted — and surprisingly nostalgic — journey. Lydia found herself transported back to the Season 1 finale, screaming Jackson’s name down the halls of Beacon Hills High. (Sorry, Lydia, he can’t hear you all the way in Starling City!) Scott, meanwhile, found himself trapped in the closet with “Allison,” who was ready to do the damn thing.

teen-wolf-lydiaScott and Lydia eventually came to their senses and tracked down Stiles, who was locked in an intense game of chess (or checkers or backgammon or whatever) with the Nogitsune. After Lydia reminded him that Stiles is a member of his pack, Scott let out a mighty Simba-style roar and broke his buddy free, triggering a chain reaction that also prevented his other pack members from killing one another.

(Special thanks to Peter for helping Scott and Lydia in exchange for the name of his illegitimate wolf baby!)

THE OLD PUKE-AND-RUN | Then came the craziest scene in Teen Wolf history, which is saying a lot, considering we once watched an entire snake-creature slither out of Colton Haynes‘ eye. Anyway, Evil Stiles started dry heaving until he’d puked out the Fruit by the Foot-equivalent of bandages, which then changed form into the Nogitsune. Or did it?! Scott and friends removed the bandages to reveal Good Stiles underneath!

So where did the Nogitsune go? According to Scott’s reaction, I want to say it ran off with Lydia — but honestly, it was very confusing and it all happened so quickly.

Let’s break this episode down, fellow Teen Wolf junkies: Is Stiles finally himself again? Where did the Nogitsune take Lydia? And how mad are you that we didn’t get to see the Danny/Ethan scene we were promised? Drop a comment with your review of the episode below.

1. Kate says:

After this episode, I’m positive Isaac is the one dying.

• Andy Swift says:

At this point, I feel like it could be anyone… other than Scott or Stiles.

• CK says:

As long as it’s not Stiles or Lydia, I’ll be fine. Maybe it will be a surprise OUaT crossover and they’ll decide to kill off the now teen Henry. Also, are the were twins fair game? If so, I’m going to guess that Aiden is going to bite the bullet. Maybe Danny too. They are adding new lacrosse players next season and one might be a replacement love interest for Danny.

• TW Fan says:

Unfortunately, I 100 percent agree. It’s definitely Isaac :(

2. Team Argent says:

THAT ENDING WAS SO GROSS WTF

3. nate says:

you forgot to mention the fact that Meliissa is hiding something

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

What are they hiding?! It’s driving me nuts. I’m wondering if Scott has a half-sibling out there somewhere because his dad had an affair? But, why would Melissa call the Sheriff after Scott’s dad left? Or, maybe his dad is gay. That could be why the Sheriff is encouraging him to be honest. But, I still can’t see why Melissa would call the Sheriff.

• Andy Swift says:

Yeah, that’s worth talking about. Maybe Scott and Stiles really are brothers.

• Elyse says:

would they go there though? that means both Melissa and the Sheriff cheated on their spouses.

• Nick says:

But why would Scott really gets so angry to never forgive her mum? Sure, she cheated, but it turns out his best friend is actually his half-brother… what’s so terrible about it? I think it’d be much more disturbing if, for example, Mr. Argent is Scott’s real dad.

• omar says:

The fact that his mom cheated on his dad IS worth being really angry about, but if that’s true, I’m sure he would forgive her because as you said, his best friend is his brother now.

• Melody Paris says:

I just thought it was funny that even the Nogitsune won’t say the Sheriff’s first name.

Whatever the secret is, we know that it’s got the potential to ruin the relationship between Scott and Melissa. But, we know that she was encouraging Agent Asshole when he was stabbed to talk with Scott. So, she can’t be that afraid of it.

• EJ386 says:

I think it is something more about Agent A. than about Melissa. Two people already told him to fess up, so it is his secret she is keeping. I don’t think Scott will hold it against her [or Stiles and the Sherrif].

4. Katelyn says:

That episode definitely had me on my toes. I hope good Stiles is back. I miss him

5. Anon says:

“Remembering that Stiles is considered a member of his pack, Scott” Don’t you mean Lydia remembered

6. Katie says:

“Then came the craziest scene in Teen Wolf history, which is saying a lot, considering we once watched an entire snake-creature slither out of Colton Haynes‘ eye.”

Laughed so hard when I read this because as I was watching, I LITERALLY said aloud, “This is the grossest episode of Teen Wolf ever, and I’m including the one where a snake crawls through Jackson’s eye.”

7. Mary Kate says:

Great episode! Looking forward to good Stiles again, and terrified of what bad Stiles is going to do next. I’m feeling like Isaac will die, and maybe the twins.

8. hipster says:

i’m thinking one of the five series regulars will die, altering the opening credits yet again.

• Nick says:

That has been hinted by the writer Jeff Davis for a while… The only thing to guess is which one is gonna die. I think Stiles and Lidia are the most interesting characters, and Scott cannot die because he’s literally Teen Wolf. I really want a happy ending for Scott and Allison, so I’m gonna cross my fingers and hope that, if one of the character in the opening credit really have to die and it’s not a tricky pun by the creator of the show, it’s Derek.
      On a second thought, I really wish it could be Isaac. He’s been annoying all the way, and all the bromance with Scott pissing off Stiles, then seducing Allison. No no no.

9. Nick says:

Are we really sure about which one is Good Stiles? I mean, one of them must be the real one, and the show has us hinting that Evil Stiles alias Nogitsune kidnapped Lydia at the end of the episode… but really? Maybe the one throwing bandage is Good Stiles and he and Lydia run away to help someone else (Kira’s mom?).
    I’m pretty convinced that at least once before the end of the season we’ll witness a confrontation between Good and Evil Stiles where the Nogitsune tries to pretend he’s the Good one. Perhaps it’ll even end up with Scott having to make a choice as to which one to kill… And we’ll only be reassured that he killed the Evil one since his eyes stay red after the killing.

• Melody Paris says:

As long as he’s an Alpha, his eyes will stay red, regardless of who he kills.

• jade says:

what if what you just said is true and the only thing that stiles can use to prove he’s the good stiles is melissa’s secret?

• Nick says:

Apparently also Evil Stiles knows the secret… it seems like while being inside Stiles, the Nogitsune picked up all his memory and now he also has Stiles’s body. So it’s apparently really hard to tell them apart, if the Nogitsune plays his cards right and is the masterful trickster everybody says he is.
        Again, I’m pretty sure we’ll get a scene where it’s not clear which one is the good Stiles, since the Nogitsune is playing tricks. I wonder how they’ll tell them apart…

• Megan says:

I feel like it won’t be the end of it even if Scott kills the nogitsune. Someone that powerful won’t just die.

10. kevin says:

Stiles is putting on the performance of a lifetime this season.

11. kevindopenaps says:

Stiles has stepped up his game big time this season

12. MRD says:

With a little luck will Stiles also become a werewolf… And it’s GO btw. An old Japanese strategy boardgame

13. Magreeda says:

“(Sorry, Lydia, he can’t hear you all the way in Starling City!)”

Best line ever, haha!

14. Dan says:

I think one of the twins is toast…probably Ethan although I’d rather it be the other one because I hate him with Lydia.

15. Gerald says:

I don’t know the Issac and Alison and the Danny and Ethan scenes were cheapened a bit by the fact that they were both possessed when they got busy. I think Issac has to go. I liked him before he puts the moves on Alison. Kyra can stick around to form a triangle with Scott and Alison for now. But ultimately Scott and Alison have to be together in the end.
    Great episode. And I liked the Wolf Watch this week too.

• Lena says:

I liked Issac as a character and I also enjoyed his close friendship with Scott, but since the writers decided to make Issac a lovesick puppy over Allison, he bores me. Also, there are hardly no scenes with Issac and Scott anymore.

16. Becks says:

I’m still thinking Alison is going to be the one to die. It never really felt like they wrapped up her story line with her being haunted by Kate or whatever. So I’m not giving up on the theory that she’s possessed too.

And they were playing Go! Japanese strategy game. That the old werewolf lady was playing in the flashbacks last week, and probably a reference to what will happen in the finale, called “The Divine Move”, which is a reference from Go.

• Nick says:

I’m thinking this Divine Move referencing to Go will be linked to this death of an original character. Some sort of self-sacrifice to kill the bad guys.

17. mo says:

Stiles n scott cnt die dah am sure n I dnt fink it a bad idea if isaac n allison r together he’s nt dah badt…I want 2 c lydia n stiles moment….mayb its d 1 of d twins buh nt Drekeeeeee I love him

18. Vanessa says:

I love mind games.It been a long time since i saw a lacrosse game.I miss Stiles and his sense of humour.It could be that stiles’ mother had an affair with Agent MCcall.This epiode was all kinds of crazy.It was nice to see Peter in this epiode and also contributing.I been waiting so long to see Danny and Ethan get hot and it was taken from me,it was like YEAHHHHHHHH then NOOOOOOO.

19. omar says:

I saw an interesting theory on facebook that states that Allison is going to be the one that dies. It makes sense because it seems like they didn’t really give Allison a role this season so she’s just ….there. They made kira up front and center being with scott and actually making most of the audience LIKE them together. Seems like they are trying to make it so that if she died, the fans wouldn’t be too enraged. Sucks because she has great potential with evolving storylines and I actually still like her even though she’s barely in it! Also if its gonna be a character from the theme song, it’s not going to be scott or stiles so that leaves the last three.

• Nick says:

Really? A lot of the audience like Kira and Scott together? Source?
      For me, I’m not a big fan of Kira and definitely not like her and Scott together… I believe he and Allison belong together, like Scott kinda hinted by the end of season 2, when she broke up with him.
      I hope that Kira was brought into the show just to justify/explain the whole Japanese-related mythology of season 3B, and will not appear in the next season.

20. mb says:

Calling it now that they’re two Stiles JD will use it as an out. The title sequence will change to reflect the arc and one of Dylan’s characters will die.

21. Lina says:

I think Agent McCall was drunk driving and did a hit and run on the lady that the Sheriff was with the night his wife died. (This accident has been mentioned more than once.) And Agent McCall went home that night and told Melissa, that’s why she called the Sheriff after, Stiles overheard and never told Scott. So he wouldn’t loose his job, Agent McCall left, I don’t think they really divorced that’s why she never changed her name (she hesitated when Scott asked her.) This would cause Stiles to hate the Agent for causing his dad not to be by his wife’s deathbed. And Scott would be mad at Melissa for never telling him. The Sheriff never turned McCall in because theres already so many unsolved cases.

• Nick says:

Doesn’t make much sense… Scott mad at his mom for not turning his dad in?? For a woman he didn’t even know at all? And the sheriff didn’t turn McCall in because “it’s just one more unsolved case, and I have a bunch already”?? No way.
      I’m thinking none of the ideas I read here is close to the truth. IF the Nogitsune was right and not just playing with Melissa’s feelings, it takes something really terrible to have Scott being so mad at his mom to never forgive her, even if the fact happened years and years ago. Honestly I can’t think of anything that terrible, because whatever Scott’s mom did she’s been an amazing mom afterwards and that totally made up for it.

22. Sara says:

I really hope it’s not Derek. That will make me really sad!

23. Lina says:

None of the main characters will die. It might be Kira’s mom, being that’s she’s so old, she’ll get to be with her military lover and seeing that she’s suppose to star in the new series Ressurection all adds up.

• Nick says:

But then why would Jeff Davis keep mentioning that because of the death they had to change the initial credits?