Raising Hope Cancelled, to End Its Run in April

Raising Hope CancelledThe Chances have run out of chances.

Fox has announced that Raising Hope will end its run on April 4, with a one-hour finale.

“On behalf of myself, Greg Garcia and Raising Hope‘s amazing cast and crew, I would like to thank our audience for tuning in and supporting us over the last four seasons,” executive producer Mike Mariano said in a statement. “We planned our Season 4 finale with this possibility in mind, and hope our loyal fans enjoy the way we’ve chosen to say goodbye to the Chances and to Natesville. Thanks again, and we’ll see you in syndication.”

RELATED | Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following

The hour-long series finale kicks off at 9/8c with “How I Met Your Mullet,” in which guest star Lesley Nicol (Downton Abbey) plays Jimmy and Sabrina’s new maid. Then, in “The Father Daughter Dance” (airing at 9:30), Virginia’s dad (returning guest star Jeffrey Tambor, Arrested Development) returns to Natesville with a big surprise for her and Burt — including a musical performance by Kenny Loggins.

1. Wes says:

This was a show my entire family enjoyed watching. Very sad to see it go. Hopefully another network picks it up.

• phoebe says:

same for me. this was one of the best family comedy shows that we had, wish they had another season at least. the chance family were awesome. hope to see netflix or tbs pick this show up

2. tazzy says:

Totally. bummed.

3. marc says:

Would have at least liked a mini-season next year… Fox should re-think!!!

4. Kat says:

I knew it wouldn’t last, because it was funny. Stupid shows go on and on!! Also, knew it was inevitable when they moved it to Friday, and started showing double episodes, to hurry to finish playing them. It didn’t even begin to have a chance, (no pun intended) with it moving from its regular night, and to a Friday to boot !! Double whammy!! Certain death to any TV show !! Thanks FOX!! We’ll miss Hope, as well as the wonderful My name is Earl references as well as the guest appearances by Earl, Crabman, and Joy to mention a few!!! So, what network will you try next, Mr. Garcia? Been shafted by NBC, first, now FOX, hmmm, maybe ABC, or better yet, maybe one of the popular cable channels. Whatever you decide, please keep trying, we’ll always keep watching! Thank you for Earl and Hope!! A Super Fan

• replayer says:

Mr. Garcia already has another show, “The Millers,” on CBS this season.

• Kat says:

I know, I watch it, had a temporary blonde moment, and forgot! I like it, although not as much as Raising Hope. Maybe better luck with CBS, hopefully. He is a very talented guy. Thanks for the reminder!!

5. Earl Hickey says:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Totally Sucks that this has happened.

Hoping Enlisted gets a reprieve and Dad’s gets cancelled soon.

6. Jesslyn says:

No MAW MAW? NO! This was a fantastic show, all the characters were great!! This sucks!!

7. LM says:

This just, once again, shows that the general viewing audience lacks taste. “Dancing with the St– people you may have heard of” gets a lot of viewers, and “Raising Hope” doesn’t?

I would put up EVERY Best Actor and Supporting Actress in a Comedy nominee up against Garret Dillahunt and Cloris Leachman. That includes YOU, Academy voters.

8. Funky says:

Aw, I am going to miss the Chances. Bert and Virginia were the sweetest couple on TV.

9. Bob Smith says:

Yet they put on a POS show like Cosmos, just because it’s from “golden boy” Seth MacFarlane.

10. JenInChicago. says:

I am so very upset by this. This year was great – the Rear Window nod was excellent. This show is so smart and it seems that a lot of people are missing the satire. Burt and Virginia making the Burt bucks was also a great ep – as was this last week’s when the show tackled gmos and processed sugars…..It’s a smart show and it doesn’t get credit for being so.

11. Bill says:

One of my favorite sit-coms, but it jumped the shark twice. First, when Jimmy & Sabrina got together and settled down; second, when Maw-Maw became a caricature and stopped being a character.

• MtKat says:

yea, I think they changed some of the writers this past year (or two). I didnt like how they strayed away from regular everyday dopey problems, and interactions between the 4 of them.

12. apvox1 says:

Nooooooooo!

13. phoebe says:

wish that some other channels would buy it. BURT AND VIRGINIA were awesome in their roles. would have been really great to see this show for another season. might as well stop counting on fox for comedy shows

• jim badabing says:

Your so correct. It seems that every show I like gets cancelled, hopefully it will end up elsewhere but the odds are against it

14. kate says:

one of FOX’s best shows and it’s cancelled?? my friends and i made it a point to catch this show on fridays . want to see more of the Chance family

15. Arctic Girl says:

Too sad. I don’t want them to go, go, go uh, uh, oh, nooooooooooooo.
    It was one comedy my husband would watch with me because it was so goofy.

16. teosari says:

I’ll miss them :(. very, very bad.

17. Jordan says:

This saddens me terribly. Such a great show with such lovable characters, good humor and even a life lesson here and there. I’m really gonna miss the Chances! Wahhh!

18. MtKat says:

Boo! This show was unique in that it showed a life style that you dont see much of on TV. Just like “My Name is Earl,” these were people who struggled to make it each day, worked hard, and weren’t up on “fancy stuff.” Their dumb conclusions and sayings made us laugh at ourselves too. Mawmaw was dinky but loveable. The parents turned out to be the stars of the show after their son married and moved out. And the little girl, who was the story’s namesake, was oddly BLAH. This season the writers went into too many scenarios…instead of just every day life. I liked it when they stuck to everyday problems, like fixing their truck, or buying a birthday gift. (Thank goodness The Middle is still on!!)

19. Rita says:

We loved this show! So sorry to see it go. Good luck to the cast, I hope you find something even more amazing.

20. bostongreekgirl says:

I’m totally bummed that they canceled this show but not surprised since they moved it to the dreaded Friday night. I really liked this show but am glad we got to see a finale. I wish TBS or another cable channel would pick it up.

21. Brennan Collins says:

Just like my name is earl, gets cancelled after the 4th season. This show creator doesn’t like the number 5.

22. Hellrazor says:

to hell with fox

23. Kim Michaels says:

Music to my ears. I did a search for worst TV show ever, and what d’you know, Raising Hope came up. Absolute disaster.

24. Angie says:

Theirs at lot of fans who love to watch raiseing hope;it would be my birthday soon so I was woundering if you can make 2 or 3 more sessions of raiseing hope