Raising Hope Cancelled, to End Its Run in April

Raising Hope CancelledThe Chances have run out of chances.

Fox has announced that Raising Hope will end its run on April 4, with a one-hour finale.

“On behalf of myself, Greg Garcia and Raising Hope‘s amazing cast and crew, I would like to thank our audience for tuning in and supporting us over the last four seasons,” executive producer Mike Mariano said in a statement. “We planned our Season 4 finale with this possibility in mind, and hope our loyal fans enjoy the way we’ve chosen to say goodbye to the Chances and to Natesville. Thanks again, and we’ll see you in syndication.”

RELATED | Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following

The hour-long series finale kicks off at 9/8c with “How I Met Your Mullet,” in which guest star Lesley Nicol (Downton Abbey) plays Jimmy and Sabrina’s new maid. Then, in “The Father Daughter Dance” (airing at 9:30), Virginia’s dad (returning guest star Jeffrey Tambor, Arrested Development) returns to Natesville with a big surprise for her and Burt — including a musical performance by Kenny Loggins.

1. Brian says:

So… no proper farewell — these episodes don’t sound like a planned ending. Sad day.

2. Michael says:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Netlfix, Get Off Your Collective Butts and Save This Show!

3. Mark says:

Cute show. Lil white trashy but it has heart and humor. I hated Sabrina in the Riches but she’s fine here. I am sad to see it not continue but here’s hoping Martha can recur on the Good Wife more.

4. Ali says:

Not cool dude !

5. Eric7740 says:

Awh, super sad to hear this. Way to kill an actual funny show FOX!!! I’ll miss Raising Hope!!!

6. Dillon says:

No. :( This was one of the few modern comedies that was good almost every episode. It was funny while not having to dive into the pool of sexual innuendo, at least that often. Jokes for all ages.

7. ggny says:

No Proper farewell? That blows big time

8. Anthony says:

Friday nights was kiss of death. Should be moved back to Tuesdays like Glee

9. Robb says:

Hopefully this means more Martha Plimpton on “The Good Wife”.

10. Elle says:

Noooo! I just found this show on netflix and only caught up a few weeks ago. It was hilarious, it’s been years since I found a show that makes me laugh out loud almost every episode.

11. Zach says:

The final episode was written as a finale since they expected to be cancelled. That being said, this season has been a trainwreck (in my opinion) so I can’t say I’m disappointed.

• Zach says:

And I should add, I really loved seasons 1 & 3. The second season didn’t really do it for me, but it had it’s moments. IDK, new showrunners can shake everything up. With SVU once Warren Leight took over, I was done after 9 episodes.

• ChicagoDan says:

This season was a disappointment. I gave up in the fall. You kind of knew that S4 was created for syndication purposes only. If there was any chance of S5, FOX would’ve returned it to Tuesday at 8 to see if it would do better than: 1) Dads (it would); and 2) Glee (definitely would). It was a fun, quirky comedy.

• David4 says:

Te problem has been they split up the family. I feel like I’m watching a spinoff.

12. Lyn12 says:

This show managed to be silly and heartwarming at the same time. Enjoyed how it featured a small-town, lower-class demographic you rarely see on TV — not ridiculously rich, not super-duper crime solvers, not vampires or sexaholics. I’m sad.

13. dkl says:

I was hoping that there would be a reprieve. Sigh…One of my favorite shows….

14. CBWBDK1 says:

Noooooo!!! I love this show!! Damn you Fox!!!!

15. Andrew Hass says:

I’m sorry to hear that Raising Hope got cancelled.However i think the show may have known it was coming and planned accordingly in regards to the last episode.

16. Laura says:

This is a bummer, but it was expected. This season has been pretty hit or miss for me, so I just hope they planned for a series finale and go out on a high note.

17. Meg says:

Is this good or bad for Enlisted?

18. Liz says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I love this show!!!!!!!!

19. jo jo jo says:

This is horrible… You have the awful New Girl.. cancel New Girl. Put RH back on Tuesdays

20. Alia says:

Bummer. This is such a sweet little show. Still, four seasons is a good run.

21. Steve F. says:

Aw man… I wanted to see how Hope turned out. (Why this being cancelled with Dads still on the air [for now] is beyond me.

Stupid Friday “kiss of death” slot – though I heard that this season wasn’t as good as S1 and S3 (S2 was just… ok).

22. Eliza says:

I will miss The Chances :(
    Such a cute, funny show with great stuff from the lead actors.

23. Amelia says:

Fox got what it wanted after sending this show into the abyss on Friday nights. This show has always been solid.

24. Steve F. says:

Oh… I know we got them earlier, but one more My Name is Earl reunion would be nice! (Maybe the Raising Hope and Earl casts will make appearances on Greg Garcia’s next project.)

• Zach says:

Jaime Pressly and Ethan Suplee have an upcoming show together (along with notable MNIE guest Missi Pyle), and that is sure to have guest appearances by the rest of the cast.

• MtKat says:

Yes it was sad when Earl was cancelled, too! These were cute, pretty wholesome shows, that showed a way of life that is missing from TV. The dopey but sweet perdicaments.

25. Austin says:

Worst news of the day. It was obviously going to happen but the news still sucks for loyal fans.

26. Rosie says:

Sad to see them go, but really hoping this helps Enlisted’s chances! I absolutely love Enlisted and watch with my younger brother every week!

27. Mikaela says:

Another show killed by the Friday Night Death Slot. So sad I loved the Chances.

• S. says:

They didn’t kill it by airing it on Friday. That slot is usually hospice for tv shows. Sometimes it’s where they go for experimental treatment and recovery is possible, but in this case Fox was just making it comfortable.

28. lilu says:

Ok, it wasn’t a great show, but i really liked it. Sad news. Hope we’ll see them in some other shows, the cast is hilarious!

29. HAP says:

A unique and quirky show with some first-rate actors. Cancellation stinks!

30. Nicole says:

First it was My Name is Earl and now Raising Hope. I hate untimely cancellations of Greg Garcia shows :( Thanks to the cast and crew for a hilarious and funny ride!

31. Stanislava says:

I’ll miss them :(

32. Nikki says:

No more MawMaw…..I’m so sad. This is the only 1/2 hour comedy on primetime that even watched. BOOOOOO!!!!!!

33. Diva says:

I’m actually sad to see this go. I totally blame the move to Friday but now that Martha Plimpton and Michael J Fox’s shows are cancelled can they both have a permanent stay on The Good Wife and combine their firm with Florrick/Agos.
    I’m just putting that out there.

34. tara17 says:

Very disappointing news. Raising Hope is always fun and unexpected. Great cast.

35. Joey says:

I haven’t watched since the beginning of season 3, but this was one of my favorite shows before I stopped. It was that rare comedy that was always funny, smart, and full of heart. It certainly deserves to be on more than Dads, Mindy, and even New Girl. FOX made a huge mistake when they took it away from its original time slot. At least they got to do four seasons. Hopefully someone will come along to save it, like TBS or USA (it would certainly fit the theme USA is going for these days). If not, I’ll miss it.

• S. says:

Full of heart it may be, but no way does it deserve to be on more than Mindy or New Girl. Dads, I’ll grant you, but Mindy, New Girl, and B99 are a good idea for Tuesdays even if NG has had some hiccups. Just pop another sitcom in there to complete the set. Raising Hope wouldn’t have fit. USA would never pick up this show. They’re a terrible fit. I don’t know what theme you think they have, but unless Raising Hope is an hour drama I doubt they’d be interested. They seem to prefer doing their own stuff and most channels, even Netflix, would generally rather do that than go for sloppy seconds these days. Although TBS could always pair it with Cougar Town, a quick glance at my schedule shows they’ve got that slotted between reruns of Big Bang Theory which probably has higher ratings than new eps of several other sitcoms. I doubt they’d put Raising Hope there, and in general they’ve got mostly syndicated reruns. TBS would be the best bet, but it doesn’t sound like they’re gonna try to go anywhere else with the show or they would’ve put it out there.

36. Brock says:

Damn you, Fox. You shafted the Chances for DADS? Really? This one hurts

37. jinx says:

They need to pull the plug on Two and a Half Men. It has become too raunchy. The comedy sit coms are not funny. Mike and Molly not funny anymore, could not watch Enlisted, nor Two Broke Girls. Please put them out of their misery.

38. David4 says:

This wonderful, loving, caring, funny show gets canceled, yet the trash that is The Mindy Project gets another year.

Stupid, stupid Fox.

39. Diz says:

Great show that I loved S1-3 but this year it just hasn’t been as good. I find myself doing other stuff while having it play in the background. It had a good little run though.

40. Christy says:

Very sad to see this!! :(

41. TV Gord says:

I’m sorry to see it go, but I never expected it to last four years (given the ratings), so I consider it a triumph that it lasted as long as it did. At least it’s not going out on a cliffhanger, the way Earl did. That left such a sour taste in my mouth, I sold my My Name Is Earl DVDs.

I wonder if Hope will say anything of any consequence before the series ends. ;-)

42. PFitzDC says:

I adored this sweet, offbeat show, but when they exiled it to Fridays, running back to back episodes, it lost my attention. Glad it lasted as long as it did, but wish that Fox had treated it better this year. It might have had more staying power, if the network mucky-mucks had given it a decent timeslot.

43. Babybop says:

*sobs* This year is a bloodbath. HIMYM, Psych, Raising Hope… They’re all ending and I want to cry!

44. Will says:

So… Enlisted?

45. Daniel says:

NO!!!!! Please, save this show. One of the very few comedyshows i Really enjoyed watching.

46. Eric says:

I won’t even pretend to be surprised, but I’m still a little saddened. Raising Hope wasn’t necessary viewing for me, but I have been watching it for two or three years now. I always caught up on DVD and on Netflix and did enjoy it a lot.

47. eck says:

Consistently funny show. I don’t understand Fox, and I won’t attempt to understand it, but as soon as they moved it to Fridays with a delayed start in the season, I knew it was going to get cancelled. I don’t know why they couldn’t have kept it on Tuesday night with the other comedies.

48. Brendan says: