'Ship Shape: How Fave Pairs From Parenthood, Scandal, B99, Once and Other Shows Are Faring

Love is patient, love is kind… unless you’re Tom and Liz from The Blacklist, or Stefan and Katherine from The Vampire Diaries — in which case, you should probably steer clear of the L word.

Need more proof? Check out this installment of ‘Ship Shape, a recurring feature in which TVLine provides you with the latest developments for TV’s hottest duos — and then offers our forecast for each pairing.

RELATED | Who is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

Don’t see your favorite love match represented here? Give ‘em a shout out below and maybe they’ll merit a mention the next go-around.

And with that said, this ‘ship is about to set sail, so click through the gallery below and hop aboard!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 'Ship Shape, Photo Gallery

1. Katherine215 says:

I may have shouted at my tv when Tom made that reveal on The Blacklist. Not that I wasn’t expecting him to be bad, but just that he was all, by the way I love my wife because that’s what I was told to say, like it was no big deal. Can Liz please find out so we can start down the road of hooking her up with Ressler? I love him.

• wordsmith says:

I think there may be hope for Tom yet. You’ll notice he didn’t say “I love her because that’s what I’m supposed to SAY” He said “I love her because that’s what I’m supposed to DO.” In actor’s parlance, he may have gone method in his fake marriage.

• wordsmith says:

Okay, so I flubbed the quote a bit, but the concept still applies. There’s room for Tom to be conflicted about his mission, which I think is way more interesting thanhaving him be just the innocent bystander he’s seemed to be so far.

• Nick says:

TBH I found the whole Liz/Tom story unconvincing. If she was really such a badass FBI agent, she wouldn’t have believed any kind of undercover story when the whole passports+money+gun was discovered under the floor of their house. She should just be fired for being totally incapable of doing her job, after she still (kinda) trusts Tom in the wake of that discovery.
      And it was oh so obvious that Tom wasn’t the lovely nice husband that he pretends to be, so let’s see how long it takes Liz to realize it. My guess is that she’ll only find out in the season finale. She should just trusts Red on every single step, even when he lies, he does it for her best, and he clearly is the only one caring about her in the whole show.
      By the way, I never really found Tom attractive. Those glasses are just ridiculous and his whole appearance is shallow and just not handsome. He’s not the kind of guy that makes your head turn, like Ressler could be, for example.
      My theory is that the same group who tortured Red has sent Tom to keep an eye on Liz since she has influence on Red too. But we’ll find out more.
      Finally, I have to say that I was pretty into the Blacklist at the start, but now I’m watching only because of James Spader…

• Lena says:

I only watch for James too. He is the show IMO. I was a little disappointed he didn’t have more scenes in the last episode. Liz bores me. Also, if Tom lays a hand on her to threaten her, I hope we get the benefit of seeing Red’s retaliation. I still love the “you talk too much” scene.

• Xo says:

Okay i dont know if you ever watched Alias? But in that show you learned the father of the lead his wife had been an undercover agent and spying on him for many many many many years.. enough to they had like a 7 year daughter then she was pulled out… and he was CIA and high up at that later came into leading positions and so on.. sure Liz wasn’t helped in her case by finding the passports or such and that she thought he spoke the truth so soon after… but well from what i know in the past it wasnt unusual that KGB and similar did what Alias did and send agents to hook up with CIA and FBI people to get intelligence… and i would assume not all was discovered… doesnt make her worse than most others i mean if i remember correctly the rest of the team that investigated Tom didnt exactly find anything on him either… he can have been really deep cover… also mostly it is a TV show most of what we see in TV isnt that realistic and true to reality it is done to the extreams over what we would most often see… so yeah maybe it wasnt the smartest on her part but honestly compared to so many other things we see i dont think it is that far out…

however i do agree with Tom never being hot… i never believed he was a good guy the Alias comparison came to me from the first episode… and i always disliked him, and i so dont think he is attractive… like at all..

• EJ386 says:

Totally a fan of Ressler. No matter what Tom exactly feels or not feels he is a sleaze.

• tp says:

I knew the whole time that Tom was a double agent and I still screamed at the t.v. Poor Keene. But now maybe her and Ressler will have a chance. Even if her and Ressler only remain friends at least we’ll get to see her date (hopefully she’ll get rid of Tom) and try to be an agent.

2. Eric7740 says:

Team Parcik and Kevin All the way!!!
    I could slap Sarah on Parenthood!!! Really, a hot doctor and you choose Ray Romano!!! Whats wrong with you Sarah, and whats wrong with you Parenthood writers for allowing this injustice to happen!!! First you break-up my Joel and Julia and then you make Sarah the dumbest woman on earth!!!???

3. MysteryRB says:

What about VinCat? They just have “reunion sex” last episode, yet she is still with Gabe.

4. Jen says:

Parenthood finally found a good guy for Sarah in Carl and they continue to go back to Hank. Ughhh. I’ll go to Africa with Carl!

5. Zack B says:

Kevrick on looking. Richie is a nice guy and all, but he is too emotionally unavailable/unstable for a guy like Patrick, who is socially awkward at best. Kevin lends stability, Richie unnecessary drama (which is. why I suspect he will be inexplicably drawn to Richie next season or they will go toward Kevin so that the ‘cheating’ element can be played into something dire).

• Sandra says:

Yeah, Kevin lends stabilty with his boyfriend. You talk about him like he wasn’t a cheater that has someone waiting for him. That’s not a drama at all….

6. siobhan says:

What about Gabe and Reilly from Intelligence? True, she killed his wife -but the wife was going to blow up a hospital full of people. Can’t wait to see where the writers take this ship.

7. Lena says:

I cannot stand Cara on TTP. Love John…

8. Xo says:

Can we please get Alicia/Will in next week now TGW is back on TV?

9. jenna says:

Im an episode behind in reign but I was hoping francis would be with lola!

10. Rachel says:

Thank you so much for including Regina and Robin! My mom and I squealed when they finally met… one of my favorite moments from the episode!

11. erin says:

No Ian and Mickey?? That was a big episode for them last night!

• EJ386 says:

They are my favourite couple on TV right now. Although Bitten’s Clay and Elena and NCIS:LA’s ‘Densi’ are pretty awesome too…

12. Rich Abey says:

Caskett: Roaming around the house on Kate’s off day in their pj’s & ‘fonting’ is so ‘sickeningly’ cute, just like we want them to be! :)
    Forecast: As sunny as it can be..though the sun might be broken momentarily by a deisha & a ninja?

13. Lee says:

When did Jake and Amy become a couple on B99? They have no romantic chemistry and should remain friends.

Also, Mellie and Andrew on Scandal shared the most passionless cold looking kiss I have seen on screen since Will and Alicia on The Good Wife.

14. Sandra says:

Well again with the Kevin and Patrick couple. I am start to think I am watching a different show, because I thought the boyfriend was Richie, not Kevin.

15. Mary Ann says:

Funny thing about Sarah just going off to Africa on a day’s notice. Seems to me she doesn’t have a lot of extra cash because she has never really had a well paying job as far as I can tell, so has she had the means to travel out of the country in the last ten years? Because as far as I know you can’t get a passport on five minutes notice, and you need one to travel out of the United States.

16. ninergrl6 says:

Mary & Francis’ consummation was tender? Hardly! As if having a room full of friends and family wasn’t awkward enough, them both making eye contact with Bash during the act was sickening.

• tp says:

It seemed like Bash was closer to their bed than anyone else in the room. Like he might as well have just climbed in. I’m a Francis/Mary fan but I thought that was unforgivably cruel of Henry. I can’t wait for something bad to happen to Henry. Not physically but he needs to be taken down a notch.

17. Audrey says:

Jason Katims said he wanted to give Sarah an opportunity to “find herself” this season without the complications of a relationship (it is, after all, the ‘year of sarah’). So maybe she left Karl because Hank’s speech about her pattern of self sabotage resonated with her – not to date Hank or anyone else, but to do some soul searching, alone.

18. How about Shameless’ Mickey and Ian?! Was a big episode for them!

19. Naazneen says:

Oh my sweet haylijah!

20. Louise says:

Thanks for featuring Once Upon A Time’s Regina and Robin. Their first encounter in Sunday’s episode made sure the story’s off to a promising start. I’m looking forward to more of it.

21. tp says:

I don’t care about who Elijah is with, I just love him. *swoon*

22. Nancy says:

OutlawQueen! Can’t wait to see how Regina and Robin’s relationship will play out!

23. Flick says:

Caskett is more like ‘sunny with exploding rainbows’! Now, if only they could somehow pull off the wedding without a crime ruining it!