New Game of Thrones Trailer: 'The World Has Fallen Apart' - But the Dragon Is Still Rad

“What good is power if you can’t protect the ones you love?” Cersei laments in the opening moments of the latest promo for Game of Thrones‘ upcoming fourth season. (And somewhere, Daenerys thinks to herself, “Well, it helped me get this badass army, so it can’t be that bad…”).

RELATEDGame of Thrones Season 4 Posters: Arya’s Out for Blood, Tyrion’s in Trouble and More

Also not bad: all the new footage in this trailer, which aired on HBO Sunday before True Detective‘s season finale. We’ve got Tywin on the throne, Sansa grieving for her family, Daenerys showing no mercy, Littlefinger being creepy (what else is new?) and Jon Snow questioning exactly how everything went to hell so quickly. And if that doesn’t melt your Wall, we can sum up another selling point in a single word: dragon!!!

Press PLAY on the video below, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Joey says:

Already know all of the big surprises coming up, and I can’t wait. :D

2. AGB says:

This is potentially going to be their best season so I’m really excited. The books go downhill from here and the whole plot gets a little too big, but the rest of book 3 is great.

• Cheeky says:

We can hope that the show takes some liberties to shift away from the plot of book four a bit, because I agree that if they go from there, it will translate to rather boring material for a TV show.

• AB says:

Well, thank god not everyone agrees with you. Alot of us enjoy books 4 and 5.

• Jeff says:

Book 3 was superb! Book 4 was awful!!! But Book 5 was stupendous and can’t wait for Book 6 to come out. They can do Book 4 in one episode – cuz basically nothing happens (except the end – Cerci gets her comeuppance). So I imagine they’ll do the rest of Book 3 (HUGE ENDING!!) then perhaps 1-2 episodes for Book 4 with big finish, then Book 5 next season. I’m just guessing but I bet I’m right.

3. Its already clear that the writers are going to keep the basic story line , BUT , are not afraid to deviate and improve on the original story

• Joey says:

If people still think they’re afraid to deviate from the story, then I guess they really have no idea about Talisa Maegyr.

4. Kristina says:

Oh, MAN I’m excited! I’ve been waiting for this season since the show started.

5. internet says:

The frustration lies within many online marketers of the multiple and maybe even unnecessary
    changes the search engines make to their so called “algorithm” and YES I will agree I have shared these frustrations.

Directories-Directories like Yellowpages, Foursquare, and
    Yelp can actually place you quite high on the search engine.
    How to Hire: If your SEO company is going to specialize in digital design, it’s important
    to have a designer on board.