Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls

Hannibal - Season 2The numbers for NBC’s Hannibal Season 2 took a grim turn this Friday night, dropping 21 and 27 percent from the premiere to 2.6 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating.

Leading into the sophomore drama, Grimm did 5.6 mil and a 1.5, adding a few eyeballs and a tenth in the demo week-to-week.

Over on CBS, Undercover Boss (7.5 mil/1.4) ticked up a tenth, while Hawaii Five-0 (10.3 mil/1.4) and Blue Bloods (11.9 mil/1.4) were steady.

RELATED | Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following

Of Fox’s bubble comedies, Enlisted (1.8 mil/0.7) inched up a tenth, but Raising Hope (1.6 mil/0.5) slipped a tenth.

ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.1 mil/1.3) inched up a tenth, while The Neighbors (3.6 mil/0.9) and Shark Tank (7.5 mil/2.0) each ticked down.

1. Boiler says:

Hopefully Hart of Dixie takes advantage of move to Friday!!

2. DL says:

I’m grateful just to get this second season of the fantastic Hannibal. Here’s hoping the Live+ numbers and maybe some increased viewership moving forward will be enough to warrant season three!

3. ... says:

Crossing my fingers for a third season of The Neighbors. Last night’s Bollywood-inspired episode was fabulous.

• Thilia says:

The Neighbors is getting back on track this season, I sort of wish it had been left on Wed. I think it would have continued to do strong. I sort of wonder if ABC regrets axing Malibu Country now. It was doing considerably better in that time slot and very well for a Friday series.

• Tenney says:

The Neighbors is hilarious and last night’s episode was fantastic. I am really surprised at how creative and funny The Neighbors really has been this season.

4. e says:

genuinely curious – based on the fact that enlisted is currently doing better than raising hope, what are the chances fox would keep it over hope? ignore the fact that they will probably both be cancelled, but does raising hope still have the advantage since it’s older/closer to syndication over enlisted, or do the hard numbers put enlisted in the lead? i keep seeing kevin biegel tweet about gains in the live+ numbers as well… how much will that affect renewal chances this year? were live+ a factor in shows last season, or will this be the first year they are seriously considered?

5. nateddog says:

Wtf Hannibal.. Come on people!!

6. GuessWhat says:

bye, Hannibal.
    hey networks — how about some NEW ideas?
    been there, done that.

• Will says:

Hannibal actually costs significantly less to make than most network shows (according to Bryan Fuller, their budget per episode is more than a million less than most nighttime dramas), and is mostly produced/funded by the French film company, Gaumont, which is apparently very happy with the show. So it has a very good shot of staying on the air, regardless of overnights, since it doesn’t actually cost NBC much and Friday 10 PM isn’t a huge ratings grabber regardless of the show, or of at least finding a new home, if NBC chooses not to renew.

• David says:

Yeah I think that this is a benefit of the “cable model” being followed. It’s a great show and I hope that it is allowed to have it’s full run of 7 seasons that they had planned. It appears to be a perfect example of a show that could be “saved” by someone like Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu with the lower cost and being funded by the French company. It also has the benefit of Friday being so difficult to program. It does go up against Blue Bloods though which could be a problem. I just really hope that it sticks around because artistically it has so much going for it.

• kaiofhearts says:

2.64 for this episode beats 8 of the 13 episodes (of the remaining 5, 3 were at the very beginning of ssn1 followed by 1 unaired ep, and then one episode which drew 2.69) from last season in viewer count, though the .8 is only on par with season 1’s finale… hopefully this number is more indicative of the numbers through the season (premiere numbers usually always being slightly higher than usual), if so there should be a really solid shot at success i think… unless I’m grossly mistaken somewhere

• New ideas? Spoken like the kind of person who of course has never seen it. As if all the procedurals have a human mural every week instead of some extra with their skin painted white.

• meg says:

I hope it stays on air. I don’t understand why more people isn’t watching it. It’s really, really good. If nbc does drop hannibal I really hope a cable company will be smart enough to pick it up, it’s such an exquisite show.

• tabularasalocke says:

Yeah, actually, Hannibal is way more creative than pretty much every show on Network TV right now. I haven’t seen what they do on any other network shows at the moment.

NBC will most likely renew, if not, other channels would be interested, especially Netflix.

7. Eric says:

I had to miss Hannibal last night so I hope many other people were in the same boat last night, and the show can rebound a little bit next week. It is a quality piece of television, which is rare in this time when procedurals and multi-cam comedies get all the viewers. I think Bryan Fuller said that Hannibal was planned to span over six seasons or something, and I’m not sure if it will make it there, but I’ll continue to beg the television gods to let it happen.

8. Dooger says:

Hannibal already has the integrity to be a a hit like The Wire or Breaking Bad of recent years. They both had next to nothing viewership or recognition (especially early on) but later went on the be huge hits. The show is magnificently brilliant & it is the best tv series on atm (True Detectives doesn’t really count as it’s a one off mini series as season like AHS).

• Ron says:

I agree. But the difference between Hannibal and The Wire/BB, is that the latter were on cable channels. I mean, of course cable cares about ratings, but I don’t think they mean as much as they do to broadcast networks. I’ve noticed that shows on broadcast live and die by ratings, whereas shows on cable can live on for a little bit even with dismal ratings, if it has good word of mouth. That said, I’m still holding out some hope for a Hannibal renewal. Its timeslot isn’t a ratings juggernaut as it is, so that may actually work in its favor. Plus, NBC should consider that Hannibal is not a show for everyone given its content. Given that it’s a somewhat alienating show because of its content, plus its timeslot, I don’t think it’s doing dreadfully. Also, unlike Dracula – which NBC probably realizes was a huge failure – Hannibal is lauded. If they’re going to move forward with one of the two, it would definitely be Hannibal.

9. Jared says:

What did NBC think was going to happen to Hannibal this season? An already low rated series on Friday nights makes no sense. Hannibal should have never been renewed to begin with.

• Dooger says:

^Said by no one…(that has actually watched all of season 1)

• Patrick says:

But there were so many multitudes of people that DIDN’T watch that first season, which just reinforces the original comment.

• Spicoapte says:

Maybe NBC knew what was going to happen to Hannibal. Maybe NBC chose to give it a second season because this show is acclaimed by the critics and is the best show airing on NBC. Maybe NBC did the right thing in chosing quality over audience.

10. sarah says:

Yeah H50 and Blue Bloods!

11. jhon says:

I like Hannibal tv show but the movie it’s better

12. kirads09 says:

I honestly don’t understand about Hannibal’s ratings. I have loved it so far S2. If you missed Gillian Anderson last night I actually feel sorry for you. And can we please just give Hugh Dancy an Emmy already? The writing, performances from all cast, storylines – everything is there. Highest quality for a show of its kind.

13. Paul says:

Go GRIMM !!

14. mia says:

Enlisted needs to be on Tuesday it world be a great fit and would def do better

15. Hege says:

Hannibal is a fantastic show. It is so well written and the actors a superb. I’m guessing a lot of people doesn’t watch it because it is a show you have to watch every episode. It is complex and there are many things going on all the time. I love it. It is also a show that is beatiful to watch.

16. DavidSask says:

How does Fox’s comedies manage to stay on the air with less than 2 million viewers, and Neighbors also should be a goner!

17. Mikael says:

I’m more addicted than ever to Hannibal! I really hope that NBC doesn’t cancel it. I can understand it not being huge in the ratings due to its graphic nature (that guy tearing himself from the human mural made me cringe several times) but the acting and writing is superb. I almost feel like it should be on AMC or FX or something.