Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War' -- Also: Is That...?!

What, only World War III is at stake? Pfft, that’s a cake walk for Jack Bauer.

VIDEO | 24: Live Another Day: Watch the First Promo!

As revealed in a new promo for Fox’s 24: Live Another Day, running for 12 episodes starting May 5, Jack (played by Kiefer Sutherland) happens to be in London when a plot to assassinate President “Audrey’s Dad” Heller (William Devane) comes to light. Should that come to pass, Jack the “psychopath”/”traitor” (as Audrey’s hubby Tate Donovan calls him) predicts a new world war.

RELATED | 24: Live Another Day Pits Jack Vs. Chloe! Plus: Kim’s Fate and 7 Other Qs Answered

Press play for the full promo, which at the 21-second mark shares glimpses of Chloe With the Dragon Tattoo, the aforementioned Audrey and… hmm, who’s that young blonde cowering from an explosion? (UPDATE: As TVLine reader Paul was first to suggest, it’s not ___ but Yvonne Strahovski. Why they’d show so little of Yvonne, we do not know.)

1. Tran 2.0 says:

Jack Bauer = traitor, psychopath and fugitive

2. Tran 2.0 says:

I’m wondering if President Heller is becoming like his inner Charles Logan or is he?

3. The blonde with her face half covered in the final montage looks to be Yvonne Strahovski, not Elisha Cuthbert if that’s who you’re insinuating.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Hmm, possibly, yeah. I just didn’t envision Badass CIA Agent Strahovski saving the world in a sweater set. But you’re probably right.

• Lev says:

I was wondering why you wrote that line that way because I knew it was Yvonne and didn’t even think of Cuthbert. They do look a little bit alike though! Looks like Jack is taken in the CIA office in London and all hell breaks loose. My money is on Yvonne’s character taking Jack out of there and into the streets of London in search of the bad guys because she and maybe her fellow CIA peeps realize that he could be on to something.

• Chlojack says:

It’s definitely Yvonne Strahovski (the outfit matches from the official photos released a couple of days ago). She does resemble Elisha Cuthbert a bit.

4. I prefer “The Girl with the Dragon Dictate” when describing new Chloe’s new transformation. She’s rocking that Lisbeth Salander look quite well :)

So thrilled this show is back!

5. Kristen says:

Now all they need is Tony Almeida!!!! Please bring him back!!!!

6. Chlojack says:

The lack of Yvonne Strahovski in the promo is indeed very perplexing. They couldn’t fit in one decent action shot of her? Obviously, Jack Bauer is going to be the focus of most of the promos, but hopefully the full length trailer will have some decent footage of the other cast members. There wasn’t much of Mary Lynn Rajskub in the trailer either and none of the female characters had a single line in the promo.

• Lev says:

Its a mere 30 seconds and they have to layout what the premise is, I am not surprised about the lack of the other characters. Tate Donavan and Benjamin Bratt had lines that explain the premise and they have to tease Jack big time. That is who the audience is familiar with. The new characters will have strong parts once the story gets going. I wouldn’t give it a second thought.

7. dee123 says:

NO Kim! Please!

8. James D says:

looking forward to this. I would take Sarah Walker over Kim Bauer anyday but that’s just me.

9. andy j says:

Considering the fact we’re on the verge of a real-life World War III, what with Putin’s invasion of Crimea, I would say that this is pretty good timing.

10. kimpie says:

Sutherland is getting too old to be doing this for much longer.

11. Ed says:

where is Freddie Prince Jr?

12. L says:

Don’t trust Tate Donovan… he always plays someone sketchy.

13. Sharon A. says:

Jack Bauer is a hero and a patriot! It should be criminal for him to be called a traitor and a psychopath! #Jackisback!!!!!!!!!!

14. sandra says:

am just glad jack is back because after watching season 8,i will grieving for more

15. Jane says:

I love that Jack is back. You can’t call him a psychopath or a traitor! He, at least in the past, is a man of conscience given impossible situations and choices. I wish more people were like him. But I hate the fact that it is only for twelve episodes. Where’s the movie? Could they be checking to see if there is an audience for the show to reappear sometime in the future? Hey, I can dream can’t I?