Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following

Mindy Project The Following RenewedFox has granted early pick-ups to three of its comedies — New Girl, The Mindy Project and Brooklyn Nine-Nine — as well as its Kevin Bacon-fronted thriller The Following.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

New Girl will return for a fourth season, Mindy and The Following were each picked up for a third cycle and the Golden Globe-winning Brooklyn Nine-Nine will be back for a sophomore run.

RELATED | Fox Cancels The X Factor After Three Seasons, Orders Batman Prequel Drama to Series

TVLine’s hand-crafted Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

Previously, Glee was renewed for Season 6, Bones was picked up for Season 10 and Sleepy Hollow was greenlit for Season 2. Additional Fox pickups will be announced at a later date.

Which of these renewals brings you the most joy? And which remaining Fox bubble show are you still rooting for?

1. Alex says:

Waiting for Almost Human and Enlisted…please renew them Fox!

2. herman1959 says:

Great, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Sleepy Hollow are the only shows I watch on Fox, and now the have both renewed. I’m a winner!

3. Tee says:

So happy about Mindy! I love that show, and Adam Pally has been a fun addition.

4. Isobel says:

I hope this doesn’t mean bad news for Almost Human, stupid Fox this is Firefly all over again, play episodes out if order and cancel a great show after one season

5. mariah says:

I am super happy that B-99 has been renewed. I think it’s the best comedy on television right now, and it’s kind of amazing how quickly it became so fantastic.

I’m also glad about the TMP renewal… although its quality has really diminished this season with the addition of the frat-boy Pally character and the marginalization of Jeremy. TMP was my favorite show last season, so it’s been frustrating watching it morph into a different, suckier version in its sophmore season. I really wish Pally would go away. He just doesn’t belong on this show and brings it down every time he’s on screen. I also really miss Mindy’s girlfriends. Gwen and the others added a lot to this show, and some of their scenes in season one were my favorites. Maybe they could at least give Becky more to do.

• S. says:

Love B99. The comedy Golden Globe was well deserved. About Mindy: common wisdom seems to be that the 2nd season was an improvement in quality for TMP not a decrease. B99 got their supporting cast used better sooner but TMP’s clearly going in the right direction. As for the characters they do have, while I liked Mindy’s girlfriends well enough, the problem is there were a few different comedies trying to exist in one show. This isn’t Love, Actually. There needed to be more cohesion. Anna Camp is great but storylines like the bunk bed were infuriating. Who would expect a godmother to buy a bunkbed for the once in a blue moon overnight visit from their goddaughter? A good mother would’ve corrected the ridiculous demand. At least it led to a Mindy/Danny moment. The girlfriends weren’t being used often enough so it made sense to make them recurring for now and save money.

6. Tracey says:

Holding my breath that Dads is renewed. That is a hilarious show that is way under rated.

7. erich says:

Is the Following a cheaper show than Almost Human? Maybe that’s why it got renewed? I love Almost Human, but given FOX’s track record with science fiction show’s I’m dubious about it getting renewed.

8. Ray says:

Stoked about the Mindy Project renewal!! Indifferent to New Girl after this season…might be better to put it out of its misery.

9. Matt says:

I’m really happy to hear Mindy isn’t going anywhere. I’m also glad for New Girl, especially since it seems to be nearing the season 3 finish line with far more steam than it had in the first part of the season, but whereas the latter was a sure renewal all along, The Mindy Project was always a bit touch and go.

Here’s to another great season next fall!

10. VB says:

Glad that “New Girl” got renewed. I don’t really think Jess and Nick together have ruined the show at all, but the first part of the season did seen a bit off. It’s getting much better though. I do agree Schmidt and CeCe are better together.

Also, very happy about “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.” The show is funny, the team has a great ‘family’ dynamic, the cast has great chemistry together and it’s great to have a show out there that is the funny version of the plethora of cop dramas and dramedies currently airing.

11. Ava says:

Thank you, Fox! The Following has been must see this season. So glad we get a season 3!

• MC says:

They’re giving Ryan and company more “wins” this season. I know plenty of people quit on the show for that reason. The scripting and plotting seems more cohesive this season. I’m enjoying it, despite the grim subject matter.

12. Meredith says:

Thank you, sweet baby Jesus for bringing me another season of Mindy!!

13. Teag says:

How many episodes for each show?

14. Mary says:

Super happy about B99 and Mindy! Never been a fan of New Girl so eh~ on the that one. Don’t get the appeal. Now just waiting on Almost Human and Enlisted to get picked up. Come on Fox!

15. rachelle says:

YES MINDY!! I was so scared! I knew Brooklyn 99 was a given.

16. Tina B. says:

YAY MINDY! MINDY AND DANNY ARE HOT HOT HOT!, I ALWAYS KNEW THEY WOULD BE! Love The Following too!

Don’t care for Brooklyn nine nine and definitely don’t think it deserved a golden globe or Andy Samberg

17. Jillian says:

So incredibly happy about Mindy and B99. Two of the best comedies on TV right now!! Props to Fox for making the right decision

18. James D says:

glad to hear New Girl and B99 will come back. Now Fox if you would be so kind as too renew Almost Human I along with a lot of others would be most appreciative. if you don’t I will be Supremely pissed. Firefly was bad enough, Fringe still hurts me to talk about it, one more untimely canning of a good show and I might stand outside your offices with a large sign and a megaphone and no one wants that believe me :)

19. Sandra says:

Awesome! Three of my fav comedies! :D

20. greysfan says:

For me all 4 of them are surprises to me. The 3 comedies are not setting the house on fire and 2 of them have clearly failed to pick up any extra viewers from the SuperBowl. The Following i can understand because its doing higher than the comedies but a tad surprised to see all 4 of these shows renewed. I really expected one of them to fall.

21. RJ says:

YAY for Brooklyn nine-nine! <3

22. EdnaM says:

The Following, very happy it was renewed.

23. SB from NJ says:

Very excited about B99 & also want Almost Human back. Worried that The Following has jumped the shark…

24. Hallie says:

Hoping Raising Hope and Enlisted get renewed as well. Both cute comedies and I actually like they are on Friday’s so I don’t feel as overwhelmed as I do with all my other shows thru the week.

25. Joey Padron says:

Happy The Mindy Project will be back for another season. I knew New Girl and B99 would be back for another season. It will be interesting what storylines The Following will go in season 3.

26. SherryB says:

Waiting to see if Almost Human is renewed..Good show with good characters and story lines.. Don’t watch Mindy and The Following is slow and BORING…

27. missteff says:

great job! (even though I never watched them)

28. DeeKayTee says:

YAY for Mindy!!!

29. Anon says:

All that matters is if FOX renews Dads. Otherwise, it isn’t worth watching the others.

30. Aries says:

So happy Mindy is coming back. I hope New Girl gets better, it’s been a bit sloppy and unfunny lately.

31. Boiler says:

Don’t watch all these shows but glad Fox is sticking with these scripted shows and, hopefully,not going to more reality. I do think New Girl needs some type of boost but really like the cast. Maybe Fox can pick up Trophy Wife if/when ABC dumps it

32. Could care less about those shows. I’m waiting to see if Almost Human gets renewed.

33. 4theloveoffilm says:

Super duper happy for MINDY and NEW GIRL. Haven’t had time to view on B99 yet; perhaps I can check it out over the summer before its sophomore season begins. I am hoping that FOX renews ENLISTED. I have grown rather fond of it. As for RAISING HOPE, which I also enjoy a great deal, my hope is threadbare. I’d like to see ALMOST HUMAN renewed, because I want to give it a try. I just have had the extra time. It looks good and I am a fan of the leads.

34. JustJesse says:

I LOVE The Neighbors!! It’s one of the few shows that make me laugh!

35. Happy that Bones is back love love that show,and praying for Almost Human it’s a pretty good show

36. marc says:

Yeah Mindy – one of the best shows on TV!!! I hope Raising Hope & Enlisted get another shot.

37. Liz says:

Tuesday comedy line up of New Girl and Brooklyn 99 is awesome! Can’t wait. Please keep Enlisted too!

38. CCHIARO says:

Bring back Almost Human!

39. Jjspizza says:

Watching the following is like watching football to me I just can’t get enough.

40. izy says:

I’m so excited about new girl and Mindy project. I hope head n nick get back together though

41. Maribel Gil says: