HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo -- Watch and Weigh In

Tired of getting relevant, up-to-the-minute news as it breaks? Don’t worry, John Oliver has no intentions of giving it to you.

RELATED | John Oliver Leaving Daily Show to Host ‘Topical Weekly Comedy Series’ at HBO

The former Daily Show correspondent is stepping out on his own in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, and HBO just released the first promo for the series’ April 27 premiere.

Last Week Tonight, which will air Sundays at 11/10c, offers a light-hearted roundup of the week’s biggest stories — unless, Oliver notes, something happens after 11:30, in which case you’ll have to tune in the following week for coverage.

Hit PLAY on the promo below, then vote: Will you be watching Last Week Tonight with John Oliver?

1. Matthew Weber says:

Really looking forward to it. I listen to The Bugle every week and it’s very funny.

2. Angela says:

Hehe, cute commercial. Definitely going to be watching this.

3. Auntie Ralph says:

For years I’d been hoping there would be some sort of Daily Show spin-off to cover the weekends, or at least Fridays. I mean a lot of correspondents there have done okay for themselves all things considered (some obviously better than others), but few have had a chance to captain the desk. This seems fairly close to that dream, and I will take it. I mean I’ve already got HBO for Game of Thrones so now I have a solid excuse to keep the subscription up year round…

4. cuius says:

Let’s hope John can break away from the tired old late night format being followed by the other new shows – Fallon & Meyer. There are 6+ billion people in the world, and it shouldn’t be necessary to keep recycling the same old SNL/ex-SNL faces

5. Marie says:

I’m in.

6. SEO says:

Hello, after reading this remarkable piece of writing i am too cheerful
    to share my familiarity here with friends.

7. SEO says:

Good day! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the
    great data you have right here on this post. I will probably be coming back to your blog for more soon.