Grey’s Anatomy Recap: Them's the Breaks

Grey's Anatomy Season 10Not one but two romances flatline in this week’s Grey’s Anatomy. But only one relationship is really, most sincerely dead. Confused? You won’t be after reading this recap!

RELATED | Exclusive: Special Grey’s Anatomy Episode Will Take Cristina on a Sliding Doors-esque Journey

FORBIDDEN LOVE | No sooner has Owen announced the board’s decision to prohibit flirtations between superiors and their subordinates than Richard — reluctant to play “panty police” — has revealed to the interns that the policy was only instituted because one of them anonymously lodged a complaint. Immediately turning to Stephanie, Jo hisses, “You realize you just made my relationship illegal!” Thing is, Stephanie didn’t go to HR, a fact that only comes to light after Jo has Alex stage a very public fake break-up (fake-up?) and Richard finds them — AND Jackson and April! — all trying to get busy in a supply closet. So whodunit? Leah! Not that it’s likely to matter much after Shane’s impassioned speech about how they should be focused on saving lives, not shacking up, and Alex’s rant to the board about how he’s “not gonna let a buncha hyprocrites tell me to keep my pants on at work when this place was built on all of you feeling each other up in our on-call room!”

SEEMS LIKE OLD TIMES | Meanwhile, since Meredith and Cristina are friends again, they have a wine-soaked sleepover while Derek is out of town interviewing for his presidential appointment. Or at least they start to have a wine-soaked sleepover. It’s cut short after just one bottle when Derek comes home early, his interrogation — and apparently the whole shebang — having been canceled. Afterward, a tipsy Cristina knocks on Owen’s door — more vino in hand — to congratulate him on his decision to buy a house with Emma. Assuming that her successor is the kind of woman who would have draperies and placemats, she asks (as only she could), “Were you sad we never had valences?” Inevitably, this leads to them having sex. And, just as inevitably, it leads to Owen dumping Emma the next day — right after she’s confessed that she hopes to have two kids, maybe three, and be a stay-at home mom. It’s almost irony overload: The heretofore-kid-obsessed Owen tells her, “We want different things.” (Cue my head exploding in 3, 2… )

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

VITAL STATS | Remember a paragraph ago when I mentioned that Derek’s interview was called off, leading him — and us — to think, in essence, he’d been dumped by the president? Turns out, he wasn’t. He (and we) learn shortly thereafter that the meeting was nixed because the commander in chief doesn’t want McDreamy to be on the advisory board, he wants him to run the show! Off this turnaround, Mer — conflicted as she may be about her husband’s accidentally broken promise and her own stalled research — decides that she can no longer punish him by playfully withholding sex. In other twists of plot, Callie gives Arizona back her engagement ring now inscribed with the date that they moved into their new place, the interns begin to warm to Ben, and Jackson and April reveal to the board that they tied the knot. (Best reaction: Arizona’s “Congratulations?” with a big, audible question mark at the end of the word.)

Okay, your turn. How do you feel about Owen and Cristina’s sorta reunion knowing that, since Sandra Oh is leaving, it can’t last? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Melanie says:

BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON

• Lou says:

By a mile

• janeg says:

That Leah’s character needs to be gone! So typical, some tramp comes along sleeps around and then when she does not get want she wants she tries to ruin everyone else’s lives. This story line is wrong, inappropriate, and her bad behavior should not be rewarded or validated to feel she is right. She should be fired for her bad behavior. If you think real women do not exist in the workplace, it would be naïve, and this is exactly how she would respond when she feels rejected, people like this are poison.

2. Alichat says:

I think I almost rolled my eyes out of my head when Leah went on her rant about why she filed the report. I mean, seriously? I’m rolling my eyes while typing this. I didn’t want it to be Stephanie, but the argument given would have made more sense coming from her or mAYbe Shane.

• Eli says:

Actually not really, we already know Leah has attachment issues, so it makes sense for her to have the hardest time dealing with the intertwining of work and relationships.

• Alichat says:

Well that was my point. She spent all of last season drooling over Karev and talking about how much she wanted to bed him. Then, when she did, she became obsessed. When he broke it off, she obsessed about why he broke it off. Then she helped drunk Arizona get home, a couple of conversations later, and she’s sleeping with Arizona. Then she became obsessed with her. She becomes obsessed with anyone who shows her the smallest amount of attention. She’s created this situation just as much as Karev and Arizona……and I just haven’t seen this hostile environment and hindrance to her education and career.

• Tina says:

YES! I can’t stand that character. I wish they’d get rid of her. Ridiculously annoying.

• Agreed! Does anyone else think she looks like Sandra Bullock?

• Phaedra says:

Agreed! She is iirtating, has had no significance in the season so far, and she always, always is the one who stuffs things up… it looks like she is going to go on some kind of jealous rampage nxt week.. oh joy, cant wait -.-. Either make her interesting or get rid!!

• Bjohns says:

I had a feeling it would be her when she was venting to Stephanie about they needed to pay. She is crazy stalker. How did she think that Alex or Arizona used her? Or what was quid pro quo, she never got any special privileges. She is crazy.

3. otomen says:

It’s time for someone go rampage and kill those annoying second year resident (except ben). STOP GIVING THEM A STORYLINE!!!!

4. Sarah says:

We know that cristina n owen won’t end up together bc sandra is leaving so I’m happy that they hooked up n he broke up w emma. I want more scene w Kevin n sandra before she leaves n this solves the problem!!!

• ben says:

Do we know Owen is not leaving?

• Miss Rozie says:

@ben – I read an article that Kevin McKidd said that when he first learned from Sandra Oh that she was leaving, he had decided to leave the show also – to show Owen/Cristina got their “happy ending.” Since then, I read another article where he has decided to stay with the show stating that he knows that his character has more in him that has not been tapped … I have read nothing since. Which is why, when they had sex during Thursday’s episode, I was sad for what was, knowing they weren’t going off into the sunset together, so I wish the writers would not have their fans go through an Owen & Cristina withdrawal a second time ~

• Kim says:

Even with Christina leaving, I want her & Owen together!!!! They’ve sent her character to work @ other hosp b4 & Derek brought her back to surg after she had melt down so, keep them together back write her out in a good way!! She’s been wonderful to watch & her & Owen fit SO well!!

5. Rebecca says:

I usually like Jo, but tonight she was really annoying.

• Sam says:

This.
      It was so painful to watch her.

• thatgirlp says:

YES, she was annoying as hell. Well all of the interns are…Leah is at head of the list, Bitter Betty!

• A says:

All that “My RELATIONSHIP” screeching. How entitled was her attitude?

And all she did was huff off pissily when Leah admitted it was her, and didn’t even stop to apologize for the bitchy way she told Stephanie about Jackson/April.

6. Mary Kate says:

Great episode, but I really thought they were done with Cristina and Owen. I had just gotten over their breakup for good!

7. Julie says:

Really? Best episode of the season? Despite the Owen and Christina part, the whole episode sucked. I despise the interns, although I’m happy that Alex is happy. This episode REALLY made me wish that Shonda never killed off Mark and Lexie. And is making me dread even more Christina’s eventual departure. I want S3 – 8 back.

• tjmack says:

Shonda didn’t kill off Mark & Lexie for kicks and giggles, it was because both actors wanted to leave the show, and probably showed no interest in coming back, which is why she most likely won’t kill off Cristina, because Sandra has expressed interest in coming back whenever the series is over. Honestly, if you don’t like the characters, don’t watch the show. That is the only thing I can tell you. But don’t blame the writer for the fault of the actor’s.

• Jenna says:

Chyler wanted off the show and Shonda accommodated her. Eric made it clear he wanted to stay, but Shonda had to cut the budget and decided killing Mark off was the best course of action since she didn’t think his story should go one without Lexie. Lexie wasn’t her call, but Mark was.

• tjmack says:

If I remember correctly, I read multiple interviews and multiple articles where Eric Dane said that he decided that he was ready to move on, which was why he was in the first couple episodes of season nine. Even still, without the Lexie storyline, Mark didn’t really have a storyline left, and it wouldn’t have been fair to have kept Eric on without a truly great storyline & arc for him to play. I would have seen season nine playing out with Mark being all sad and mopey, maybe even harsh and mean to everyone, and then everyone would have hated that too. I think the right call with Mark & Lexie was made.

• Caro says:

No matter what, Shonda shouldn’t have killed Lexie, or Mark! She could have let them leave together and let us dream about them saving lives as a happily married couple in Africa or something.
          Anyway, it’s really lame that Owen broke up with Emma! She wants kids, like him, and Cristina does not. That’s why they broke up!! So why dump Emma for a relationship that has already ended because of serious reasons!
          Also, I can’t stand the interns, except for Jo. I really like her and Alex! But this whole writing is annoying; Callie, Arizona, the interns, and don’t get me started on April and Jackson! The only reason I’m still watching is MerDer, Alex & Jo and Bailey & Ben. But I don’t get excited about Grey’s like I used to. The writers messed up too much… which is really bad because it was the most amazing show on TV.

• Whimsical says:

Owen is finally realizing that having kids and a wife at home playing mommy and doing nothing else would be a dull life.

8. madhatter360 says:

They’re residents, not interns.

9. nikki says:

I’ve never been a fan of Owen. I’ve always felt that he brought out the worst in Christina. And when he told Emma that they wanted different things tonight, i.e. he doesn’t want kids, I just wanted to punch him in his face.

The only thing that would make me feel ok about Christina leave is if she took yucky old owen with her.

• Alichat says:

I didn’t get that he doesn’t want kids out of his break up with Emma. That’s not how I understood it. He wants a “Cristina that wants kids”. He wants what Meredith and Derek have. That’s how I took it.

• Jazzy says:

THANK YOU!!! I was thinking ummmm what!?!? Since when does Owen not want all of the things Emma was ready to give you? If he loves Christina more that’s fine then tell Emma that but don’t confuse the hell out of her by making up a lame excuse about how that isn’t the lifestyle that you want. I was really disappointed with Owen because now he has cheated on both Christina and Emma. With Sandra Oh leaving I really don’t think this back and forth is doing fans any favors… Rant over :)

• Melanie says:

Agree! Now she thinks she’s not normal wanting to raise kid that way, cowardly not mentionning Christina

• Snsetblaze says:

And he does not want to give up a career or be with someone who wants to for kids.

• Miss Rozie says:

@Jazzy – I couldn’t agree with you more – that is exactly what I thought, Owen has cheated on Cristina & Emma – I wish Shonda would stop doing that to this character, but she’s not going to. That’s sad … after he & Cristina had sex, he FULLY realized just how much he missed & loves Cristina & that he was willing to sacrifice having children just to have her back with him. That is how I took his flimsy excuse to Emma. And I have been a huge fan of the Owen/Cristina as a power couple & felt sad for these characters when they divorced, I just got used to them being apart & what happens? SEX! … again! Proving my point once again, they just can’t stay away from each other, they just can’t. The need & affection for each other is just that powerful. I just don’t get the “feelings” stuff as the character of Cristina has never been about “feelings” except when it comes to Owen, but she made her choice – no children/no Owen, so no jealousies should be emerging from her.

LOVE April & Jackson together! Can’t wait for the you know what to hit the fan with his mother & others, because I am sure it is going to. Catherine Avery will be back, folks … will there be a price to pay or will she be good with her son’s choice of a wife? I hope the latter … Jessie Williams & Sarah Drew have a great on-screen chemistry or make it look like they do.

• Ninna says:

And so it falls to the ground the theory which argued that Owen was an honorable and loyal man who made ​​a mistake in a moment of weakness due to having a bad woman.
        What a gem of a man.
        Cheated on Beth, cheated on Cristina, we can also say that in a way cheated on Teddy and cheated on Emma. He’s precious. Come back burke, you are forgiven.
        Run Cristina, run. There is better than this piece of garbage.

• Eli says:

Funny, as a guy I always felt Christina brought out the worst in him. Although yes the whole Emma-Owen-Christina storyline in this episode was just infuriating.

• Ninna says:

As a gal I always felt Owen brought out the worst in her. Like her slutish behavior last night in the trailor. And let’s not speak of him.

• tonywife says:

yes the whole Emma-Owen-Christina storyline is non-sense,specially Crsitain with Ross, I stop watching

• Amanda says:

Shonda loves to mess with the Owen/Cristina fans. I really think she wants to eliminate that fan base by making their story line so ridiculous, I can’t find another justification for their plot.

10. B says:

Thoughts:
    1. I can’t believe they threw Owen and Cristina back in bed again. Where is that going to go? And I definitely wasn’t expecting Owen to breakup with whatsherface.
    2. With Dempsey resigning, I really thought he’d be turned down for the job. It would be a great exit strategy for him and Meredith if they were to leave, but how can it be feasible with them returning?
    3. Kepner and Jackson were cute, but out of the three times Kepner almost told someone, the time when she succeeded was the worst.
    4. I’m so glad the initial fight between Alex and Jo was staged, because the acting was outrageous.
    5. Not only did I love the scene where Weber found everyone in the closet hilarious, the scene where Jo told everyone that he did with no explanation was amazing.
    6. This episode was really good! Very funny and not as unoriginal as I initially expected.
    7. With the marriage out of the bag, we better get a visit from Catherine Avery soon! I can’t wait for that reaction.
    8. Leah… Like whatever. She’s immature, but some people are just like that.
    9. This is the very first time I liked Ross whatsoever.
    And finally…
    10. CALZONA LIVES AND IT IS GREAT!

• trainwreck says:

FYI: Patrick and Ellen both signed on for two more seasons of Grey’s. So no exit strategy for anyone but Yang (and maybe Owen)

• Drew says:

Took me a second to see it too. I think B meant re-signing, not resigning. The amazing power of punctuation!

• Eli says:

No, he/she/it didn’t. They actually went on to say “it would be a great exit strategy”, that implies he/she/it really did mean resigning, not re-signing.

• jj says:

The original poster meant re-signing. “how can that be feasible with them returning”. Clearly they know that they are returning by that statement.

• B says:

Thank you jj. I was saying that the presedential plot line was probably put in place as an exit strategy, but now that they’ve re—-signed I’m surprised that Derek got the job because they don’t need it as a way to get them out of Seattle. Y’all need to read a little better. Yes I should’ve put a dash but that’s no excuse for misunderstanding a whole paragraph.

• B says:

And never call people it you transphobic a–

11. Ayllene says:

Tonight’s episode pretty much had me yelling at the tv at one specific moment. Namely, when Owen broke up with Emma citing wanting different things. She was exactly what he needed. Now he’s going to try to get back with Christina & she’s going to only want a physical relationship, if that. Good job Owen.

• Ninna says:

That was a pathetic way he found to not tell her the truth because he’s a coward. He has been using her the all time, lying to her about being over his ex-wife. This guy isn’t worth the floor he walks. The perfect embodiment of cowardice and disloyalty.

• susan says:

I am stunned you waste so much energy on insulting a fictional character you obviously dislike. Everyone cheats on GA. Its the very essence of the show.Mark did. Derek.arizona.lexie.so i dont get the hate. Its funny though. And just bc Emma wants kids too doesnt mean she was right for him. Cause she was SO not. Its hilarious how hypocratical ppl are. As if they are all flawless. He cheated on emma. It was wrong. He didnt kill anyone.

• tjmack says:

I agree with everything in your post except on thing, when exactly did Derek cheat? As far as I know, he never cheated.

• Ninna says:

He cheated on Addison. When we love a character he seems to be perfect isn’t it?

• tjmack says:

Not really, no. They were seperated because Addison had already cheated on him. He had moved away from her and everything, so that doesn’t really count as cheating.

• Ninna says:

That’s why he dumped Meredith and returned to Addison trying to resume the marriage.

• Ninna says:

And I, am stunned you waste so much energy on insulting someone online who doesn’t share your views. Thank You.
          However, I think the only hypocrite here is you. As everyone cheats on GA, it’s ok, he’s allowed to cheat at his pleasure and still be considered a good, honored man and obviously because you seem to find him the man of your dreams. Right? Let’s talk of hypocrite.

Emma wasn’t right for him the moment he jumped on Cristina because till then he seemed to think she was perfect. Let’s talk hypocrisy…and cowardice. Which are traits of this character.

” He cheated on Emma. It was wrong. He didn’t kill anyone.” Really!? It’s hilarious how people are. They are able to excuse a man-whore in his splendor, but they can’t stand a different opinion. Hypocritical much?

He cheated on Emma, Cristina, Teddy, Beth and very probably every women he had because it’s his nature. He never learn because he doesn’t mind to hurt others. Him first. He hurt Emma unnecessarily. If she was SO not his type why did he waste her time, stalking her, convincing her he was over his ex, inviting her to buy a home and moving in, etc etc. It’s not only the cheating all over the place since the beginning but the fact that the character in general is worthless. Don’t twist other’s words please just to make him appear less flawed and just because you’re in love with the character or the actor.
          He’s not flawless but I’d like to see you invest your life and your future with a man you are fully aware had cheated on all of his women. May be not..Right? Hypocritical much?

12. animegirl31 says:

I’m so OVER Christina and Owen!
    and Jo was SO annoying this episode, like overreact much? Everyone would have been perfectly willing to look the other way with her and Karev if she hadn’t thrown so many hissy fits.

I’m glad April and Jackson went public, though I just see more and more storm clouds ahead for Calzona, which is cool as I don’t particularly like them.

• thatgirlp says:

Like REALLY Owen, that was so stupid to break up with Emma! I always thought he had a little sense, he is acting as dumb as those dissey interns! Don’t go around whining about wanting kids and being a Dad when the opportunity is presented to you…you choke! Maybe you really just wanted to “CONTROL” Christina and make her the woman she wanted her to be! I’m done with him and THEM. Christina and Owen relationship is just too torturous!

13. After watching this episode, one thing is clear…Owen is a MORON!

14. Vanessa says:

I’m so glad to see Owen and Cristina ‘s sleeping together again!! I don’t care How long does the “lover stage” of a relationship typically last? Crowen scene make me stay !!

15. TinLV says:

I’m hoping Burke returning is just to give Christina closure on that chapter and in the end it is only Owen she wants. AND Owen wants her, even if Christina leaves for some great opportunity elsewhere and they have to have a long-distance relationship for awhile. They belong together. Also glad April and Jackson finally told people they are married.. but still waiting on the scene when his mother finds out.

• animegirl31 says:

Aren’t we all waiting for the scene where Catherine Avery shows up? probably asking if Jackson got a prenup?

• Alice says:

I just don’t want her going back to Burke. After that whole scene in the kitchen with Owen were she explained how she gave away little pieces of herself when she was with Burke until she ended up at the alter to be what Burke wanted- it was so heartbreaking. If anything good came of this long saga with Owen, it was that we saw a Cristina who definitely wouldn’t let anyone do that to her again, not even Owen. Her going back to Burke would be such a regression.

• Ninna says:

He didn’t pick up little pieces from her because she didn’t let that happen because even after the Burke talk, which in my opinion was useless, he tried hard to pluck her. And when he didn’t manage to pick what he wanted to, he cheated on her as revenge and as the pig he is. He is way worse than Burke.

• Ninna says:

Burkue is returning?

• teamgreyallday says:

What?!?!? Burke is returning… This is interesting indeed. Guess this is how Cristina will exit. Burke comes back to claim his woman! Giggles like a school girl. Now that was a relationship I fully supported. To me he was in Yin to her Yang. Corny enough for ya? I sure hope so.

• GG says:

Burk is coming back or 1 episode for sure. I hope you’re right about the Cristina and Owen thing. It’s not likely but it would make me a happier viewer.

16. JB says:

They killed it with the music tonight. Awesome song choices

• Lyria says:

Yes!! I don’t usually pay a whole lot of attention to the songs but this time I kept pausing to look them up, especially that cover of All Through the Night.

17. Tina Majorina-Shepherd says:

I really wish Sandra Oh! would change her mind..the show won’t be the same without her. Even though it’s called Grey’s Anatomy…I really think of the show as Yang’s Anatomy. I don’t like the residents at all and they can all go. Visually, Leah is like a giant headed Meredith. I miss Brooks and Lexi. To me, Lexi was the heart of the show. I hope they give Owen more to do, he has been totally wasted this season.

18. Philip says:

I really think that Burke will only appear in one of Cristina’s alternate “Sliding Door” reality segments in the penultimate episode showing what Cristina’s life would be if she had gotten married to Burke. I don’t think he’ll be showing up in a regular capacity. Like what they did with Neela on ER.

19. greysfan says:

Amazing episode. One of the strongest of the season if not the best of the season. Really loved it and i sort of guessed it was Leah who made the complaint. Can’t believe Shonda went back to Cristina and Owen AGAIN???? Seriously????

• Allison says:

That is the same thing I said! Cristina and Owen are on the repeat cycle?! Please Undo that Redo! You are giving us all a headache!

20. Pat says:

I was just wondering if Kevin McKidd will be leaving after this season. Christina and Owen I believe, do love each other and with Sandra leaving maybe their characters will be exiting together to start over. Just a crazy thought. Also, I have said it before that Leah and Shane need to go and I hope that they will not be around for next season.

• Ashleah Youn says:

I don’t know McKidd’s contract status, but I’d actually be pretty happy if they both leave to start over. I do love me some Crowen.

• Ninna says:

Yeah, that’s the man every women and cristina too, should crave for. He kisses and cheats with everything around him as no one. Very versatile!

• JZ says:

I’m pretty sure Mckidd is sticking around after Sandra exits. I honestly don’t see what stories there would be for Hunt,

21. Kassy says:

Two things I thought about the episode: when Alex and Jo staged a fake screaming match break up and then were talking on the phone two seconds later, it pretty much cemented for me that they are perfect for each other. Even though I was unsure before. Also, Christina and Owen are rapidly becoming the Bates in Prison (Downton Abbey) storyline of Grey’s. As in, it’s old, I’m so tired of looking at it, please stop now.

22. Sarah says:

‘We want different things’?!!!!
    Owen what was up with that?

23. jj says:

“Remember a paragraph ago when I mentioned that Derek’s interview was called off, leading him — and us — to think, in essence, he’d been dumped by the president? ” At no point did it make me think he was dumped by the president. As soon as that happened, I knew right away he had the job. This type of bait and switch is just way too common in television to be fooled by it.

24. Saabgirlatx says:

Yes this was a BAD Owen moment, but no one has mentioned bad Cristina….she knew exactly what she was doing going over there with her drink on. Not that she planned to sleep with him, but she def. wanted to put the brakes on the moving in plans. At least that’s what I saw.
    His breakup with Emma was crazy-lame, especially since he was the one who suggested they cohabitate. Kinda hoping he rides off into the sunset with Cristina, too.
    Also, any fraternizing policy would have more details…lazy work by the writers to create scenes. And yes, music was awesome!!!!

25. Tracy says:

Anyone know the song that was playing at the end when Cristina and Owen were talking about window treatments?

26. Frankie says:

Leah Murphy is the worst and needs to go away. Seriously. Take your pathetic behind and get the hell out.

27. Lauren says:

Add me to the Owen hating club. Emma was such a sweetie and perfect for him and he threw it away for casual sex with someone who he knew will never make him completely happy. Round 400 of Owen and Cristina is nothing more than Shonda throwing their fans (who seem to pretty much consist of emo teenagers) a bone. Sandra is leaving, so nothing good can come of it unless Kevin leaves too. Lazy, lazy writing.

28. Kay says:

Maybe Owen will leave with Cristina, much like Mark died shortly after Lexie did.

29. Ellie says:

I hope Owen leaves with Cristina. That means Bailey can become Chief :D

• Scotty Dog says:

As awesome a chief as Bailey would be – can’t see it happening. Richard, Derek and Arizona would all definitely be ahead of her in the pecking order though could see them all rejecting it too

30. Diego Solano says:

great episode but I hate Owen getting back with Christina, I mean Emma was up to giving him EXACTLY what Christina wouldn’t give, so I don’t know if this is a crazy plot by Shonda Rhimes but it sucks… And the actress that portrays Emma is way more beautiful BTW

• Sandy says:

Emma is just a rebound for Owen, that maybe the sole purpose of that character, She is also extremely boring. The writing has always been inconsistent on Owen, Love Hunt’s character in season 5. The writers ruined him in season 6-10.

31. Bjohns says:

I try to feel sorry for Stephanie and then I realize….duh she was the rebound girl. Jackson all upset because April made him mad and he slept with her. She had a crush on him knowing him and April were just recently broken up. If she had been at the hospital longer maybe she would have seen this was inevitable.
    Leah is an idiot. I didn’t care for her in the least especially after how she acted when hooking up with Arizona…yep another rebound person blind to the obvious. Kudos to both actresses for being the characters we don’t care for. LOL
    Things I loved..Christina Owen hot sex. There kisses and make out sessions were always enjoyable. Alex calling the board out for all of there relationships came from them making out in the on call rooms. Richard calling Owen the panty police then getting assigned the job. Miranda telling Ben not to stay out late, thank you writers for not dragging their dispute out. Also making Mer come around, we’ll of course she was on board but her own study hitting a brick wall just caused a little frustration.

32. D says:

Even though Emma was willing to give Owen the children he desperately wanted, he must have realized that he didn’t love her. Was he supposed to pretend that he did?

• Suzie says:

Yep. I’m glade he broke up with Emma, He realizes that it’s unfair to lead her on, as he doesn’t really love her.

• Miss Rozie says:

@Suzie – I completely agree with you – after he had sex with Cristina is when he realized he could not move forward with Emma, that she is not what he is looking for. So in the end, he was right in doing what he did ~

• Ninna says:

No, he was supposed to not mess with her when he knew he wasn’t prepared to date yet. He was eyeing Emma just within few days after Cristina. He’s an impulsive asshat who even asked her to leave her work at her hospital to come to work under him. Thank God she was a smart girl and refused it. If she had heard him she would be now in a great spot indeed. After she broke off with him because she wasn’t sure he had already forgotten his ex, he insisted and went after her when he should have let her alone since he knew very well he was not over Cristina. She asked him out to not break her heart but he ended doing it fully aware she had been hurt before. He doesn’t really mind with no one but himself. He saw a chance of ease his own pain at the expense of someone and he didn’t think twice. He’s despicable as always.
      Emma did everything right since the beginning, she didn’t deserve this. He is and indecisive, brash, self-involved and conscienceless spoilt brat that easily rolls over his women to get what he wants. The pangs in the conscience come later. But for me they are tears of crocodile.

• SharksFan says:

Emma knew he was that soon out of his relationship and chose to be with him.

• Ninna says:

No she didn’t. He didn’t even told her he had an ex-wife and had broken off with her days before he engaged with her. And that tells everything. She said goodbye, he insisted and went after her assuring her he already had forgotten his ex when was obviously a lye.

33. thegreattfan says:

I’m not a die hard crowen fan but come on it only means Owen never love that boring banana bread emma he is still in love with Cristina, we are not talking about whose nice, prettier or better for him it called love as they said love is blind. Crowen storyline maybe crazy but the actors who played as Cristina and Owen have a great chemistry the kiss and the way he laid her on couch that was hot, probably die hard crowen fans are rejoicing while watching that scene

34. Rich Abey says:

This was typical Grey’s Anatomy…or more particularly the Grey’s Anatomy of old (before Shonda literally crashed the plane in S7). By far the best episode of the season. Love the fact that Meredith & Yang are besties again..hey if we get to see more of those delightful & colorful wine drinking scenes, who doesn’t?
    Karev, quote of the season: “I’m not gonna let a buncha hypocrites tell me to keep my pants on at work when this place was built on all of you feeling each other up in our on-call room!” Made my day!

35. Brittany says:

Who wants to bet that if the show gave Leah a relationship then she’d totally regret making the complaint because she couldn’t be in a relationship with a co-worker so it would be kind of you ruined it for yourself because your an idiot!:-) I just hate Leah she’s just a whinny and annoying character too bad Jo didn’t get to punch her lol and with Burke coming back in may maybe there will be a short lived competition between Owen and Burke for Dr.yang

36. Kelly says:

I had always thought that Cris had rushed into marriage out of trauma, the same way George did after his father died. After Owen told Cris that she would regret the abortion and that “no one doesn’t want kids”, I officially became a non-fan of his. Now, after someone has basically offered him everything he’d demanded from Cris, he has changed his mind? He’s the worst.

Can’t wait to see what happens in Cris’s “what if” episode with Burke.