Glee 100th Episode First Look: Puck, Quinn, Mike and April Return! Plus: A Tribute to Finn

Glee promised a cavalcade of returning favorites for its upcoming 100th episode (March 18, 8/7c on Fox), and based on the following sneak-peek photos, there’ll be no raining on long-time fans’ parades.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Reign, Arrow, Grey’s, Mindy, Glee, Entourage, Suits, PLL and More!

Former staples Dianna Agron, Heather Morris, Mark Salling and Harry Shum Jr. — along with guest stars Kristin Chenoweth (reprising her role as wacky April Rhodes) and Chance Crawford — pop up in these pics from “100,” which finds Sue Sylvester shutting down New Directions after the glee club fails to take home first place at Nationals.

From the looks of it, the Champagne will pop, the (erstwhile) Cheerios will dance, Brittana will reconnect, and Rachel, Kurt and Mercedes will sing. Plus, somebody winds up in a Dumpster.

RELATED | Glee Recap: It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right; It Takes Three to Make It Out of Sight

Perhaps most important of all, though, we see images of two characters paying tribute to the No. 5 jersey of New Directions’ late leader Finn Hudson. We’re not sure exactly how the scene will play out, but we’re guessing you’ll want to have a box of tissues handy.

Click through the pics below, then hit the comments and sound off on your anticipation level for Glee‘s 100th spectacular.

1. alistaircrane says:

Where’s Terri? She’s the one I was most looking forward to coming back.

• LynnH says:

The actress is probably tied up with “Vikings.”

• jasie says:

Jessalyn has said she wasn’t invited back or she would have. she hopes that at some point Ryan brings her back. It’s maybe better that they didn’t bring her back for 100 since it will be such a packed ep. Hopefully they’ll bring her back and show her finally happy.

2. Sami Dawed says:

“Chance” Crawford?

3. Steven Hall says:

I like the picture of both generations of the Glee club in the choir room together– but I’m curious why some members are absent? In particular Joe (who won Glee Project) and Sugar have been absent for weeks- I feel as though if the glee club is coming to an end it should wrap up the entire Lima, Ohio story and not leave characters out

• dan says:

The actress who plays Sugar is on Mixology on ABC. I guess they weren’t interested in a cross-over. Also, what about the Irish guy who was a co-winner of Glee Project?

• dude says:

Vanessa Lengies said after her casting that she could be on both. I’m guessing Mixology was willing to lend her out but Glee didn’t have much use for her.

• AngieD says:

Sugar and Joe have never been considered series regular’s. ‘Joe’ was only promised a set # of episodes and the character never really developed. Sugar was brought on as a reason for the 2nd Glee club, but she was never fully developed as a character. Both have only been around to ensure that New Directions has enough members to compete.

4. Kaycee says:

Yes this is gonna be an amazing episode. It’ll make you appreciate the talent of the Season1 cast. Hopefully Blam appearances will be kept to a minimal.

5. Kaycee says:

I love the classic vibe of the Unholy Trinity, I really wish they were singing “I’ve Told Every Little Star” or something.

6. Ashbash says:

I feel a Quinn and Puck reunion happening

• Kaycee says:

They’re reportedly singing Just Give Me a Reason by Pink and Nate.

• AngieD says:

I agree. Puck and Quinn were at their best together. His ‘growing up’ after Finn’s death would certainly allow Quinn to be willing to give him a chance. Chace Crawford’s character is connected to Quinn – my guess it that Puck throws him in the dumpster.

7. dan says:

As bad as the show has been since the “originals’ graduated, I’m looking forward to these upcoming episodes. Seeing the pictures of Amber (Mercedes), Dianna (Quinn), Mark (Puck), etc brings me back to the first couple of seasons when the show was fun and actually made sense (as much sense as there is for a tv show set in a high school where students and faculty break out in song every few minutes). I’ve never liked the newbies (or “the clones” as I like to call them) and I think the show made a huge mistake in graduating so many people at the end of Season 3, but I’m willing to give these upcoming episodes a chance to get excited about Glee again. Then they’ll move the show to NYC and I’ll decide if I’m sticking with it until the end. By the way Slezak, thanks for the spoiler about Nationals (maybe I’m the only one who doesn’t already know the outcome, but a “spoiler alert” in that sentence would’ve been nice).

• S. says:

Yeah geez. I just assumed the odds of them winning Nationals without people like Rachel, etc. were low but maybe a heads up would’ve been nice.

• Whitney says:

Haha yes. I had the same reaction. And even if the news was made relatively public, that still doesn’t negate the need for a “spoiler alert” warning… oh well. Nothing we can do about it now!

8. Taken says:

I still can’t believe they are gonna dump Lima and pretend it never happened just to please the crowd. The choir room pretty much represents Glee and it’s the writer’s fault that they can’t come up with something exciting just like they did with the first season. I won’t deny that the NY side is quite entertaining but it’s all about Lea and Chris has always been the most annoying character on the show (since Kurt’s petty party on season 2). Oh well, hopefully ratings tank harder.

• Kaycee says:

I feel like they should’ve just taken a risk and done what the Skins UK series did. As soon as the class graduates, entirely focus on a brand new cast almost like American Horror Story but set in the same universe still with the occasional guest appearances. It just felt messy.

• Pie says:

Or just like they did several years with Degrassi. In my humble opinion, Marley and Jake were great additions to the show. I have no feelings for the rest, or Blam or whatever the crazy fandom calls them this days.

• Whitney says:

I think they should have followed a format that didn’t rely on a calendar. There is no logical reason why every season had to encompass one full school year. Had they spread it out, the original cast could have stuck around much longer… but even with this format, I have to disagree with you. When you have a talent like Lea Michele – whose character embodies the heart of the show in many ways – cutting her loose would be a huge mistake. I for one never cared for the school or the Glee club itself; I cared about the misfit dreamers I was first introduced to when the show began.

• Tai says:

I’ve been feeling this way for awhile. People want to blame the actors but really the writers failed to make the show interesting when they’re in the choir room. NY has always been interesting in small doses. Now with a total focus on NY with Kurt being heavily featured, I can’t be less interested. This is just an example of poor writing and planning. Really disappointed in Glee. But sadly not really expecting more from the show.

9. Lynn says:

Why would you put a huge spoiler about another Glee episode in this post? (the comment re: Nationals)

10. Olivia says:

Cut Slezak some slack people, the “spoiler” is actually an info Fox itself has put in the press release. It’s not his fault.

11. karenb says:

God how I miss Finn. And Cory 😢

• Mena says:

You’re not alone. Finn was my fav. Cory was the actor whom I chose to look to in each scene. We all have have our favorites. So, to have Sam and Blaine as fill ins just don’t do anything for me. Glee has had a monumental task of fulfilling Finn’s huge shoes. IMO, they haven’t been able to fill them yet. The show is still reeling with emptiness.

12. ncmacasl says:

Is that Matt Rutherford (aka Shaft) Mike’s BFF from Season 1 in the background???

13. ncmacasl says:

:( — nope it actually looks more like Jake – oh well!!

14. ncmacasl says:

Who is the dude in pic #17?? someone new???

15. Alex says:

Picture 6 is really all I care for at this point.

16. Alex says:

And Picture 5.

17. Fernanda says:

Finally Quinn fans will see her mourning Finn

18. kjmorse says:

Loved seeing Noah is air force uniform

19. Carol says:

Can’t wait to see Puck and Quinn reunited!

20. Carol says:

I’d like to see Rachel and Puck get together!

21. Meredith says:

For sure. I’m really disappointed to know how it turns out next week.

22. Scott says:

Certainly the older cast was more interesting. I am happy to see Amber Riley back as she can sing! It would be fun to see a Mercedes and Unique song. With Brittany sitting watching asking “When did we get 2 Mercedes”

• Steve says:

That would be a cool duet with Mercedes. She was the best singer on the show, but I think Santana is doing awesome also. Glad to see Amber coming back!

23. Kathryn says:

Does moving the show to NY mean we will finally be rid of Becky? She’s probably the worst character I’ve ever seen.

24. Daley says:

This episode looks both fun and sad. I’m so happy to see most of the originals back. Puck and Quinn looking at Finn’s jacket will be so sad. I’m also looking forward to all the songs being done. After the 100th and 101th it will all NY all the time!!!

25. Bob Smith says:

Is Finn returning?

• Ellanna Shiller (exmo) says:

Yes, but not to the life of Finn; he has gone to Summerland and will be reincarnated into a new body eventually. (Realizing Finn is just a fictional character, but the theory is sound.)

26. Harmony says:

I disagree. Glee could have, and in my opinion should have, left Ohio at the end of season 3. Glee was never a show about high school or teenagers, it was a show about specific characters that viewers met, watched, and spent years loving. Dawson’s Creek graduated its entire cast and moved them all out of the town where the first four seasons were set. And even though Capeside was still important to them, they moved out into the world. Because like Glee, Dawson’s Creek was a show about a story, and Ohio’s part in Glee’s story has ended. Hopefully once the Ohio portion of Glee wraps in a couple weeks Glee will focus more on the original cast and go back to telling those stories.

27. mezzalenko says:

I am so excited for this episode. I am not necessarily unhappy or happy with the Lima part ending – I just waiting to see how the directors handle it and write it. And very excited to see how they explain Quinn’s absence when Finn’s memorial was held at the school.

28. Virginia says:

Haven’t watched the show in awhile. Why is Coach Bieste on the wall with Finn. Did she pass also? Anyone know the answer?

• mezzalenko says:

That wasn’t Coach Beiste’s picture on the wall. It was Will’s Glee teacher in high school – I can’t, for the life of me, remember her name. If you remember the very first episode, he made reference to it. On his first day of teaching the club solo without Will, Finn stared at the picture and had a little moment to himself first.

29. I think the admin of this website is genuinely
    working hard in support of his web page, for the reason that here every
    information is quality based information.