Reign Sneak Peek: Mary's Royal Wedding Dress Revealed -- But Who's the Groom?

Here comes the bride… and Amy Brenneman!

RELATED | Reign Stars Dish About Clarissa’s Revenge, Bash’s Aspirations and Wetsuit (?) Woes

The former Private Private practice star joins the cast of Reign this Thursday as Mary’s mother, Marie de Guise, and she’s arriving at court for a very special occasion: Mary’s wedding.

Though we can’t say which brother Mary eventually meets at the altar, we can promise the events of this episode will change the course of everyone‘s lives. (And no, that’s not just us being overdramatic.)

RELATED | The CW Issues Early Renewals to Supernatural, Reign, The Originals and 2 Other Series

Queen Catherine, meanwhile, keeps herself busy planning a somewhat less joyous event: her own funeral.

Browse all of Reign‘s Royal Wedding photos below, then drop a comment: Is Mary’s dress fit for a queen? Also, cast your vote: Which brother should get to say “I do?”

1. annie says:

She can marry either of them, this show is SO much fun!!! But I suppose if they want to keep things as close to how it really happened, she’ll end up with Francis. I think they really have gone too fast in their first season…probably for fear of not being renewed and wanting some sort of closure??? Is Clarissa really dead??

• Andy Swift says:

I feel like they’ve gone a little too fast this season, as well. Like, regardless of who she marries, I can’t believe she’s already getting married! I figured that’d be the season finale AT LEAST.

• dude says:

Well,seeing how her last almost-wedding went, are we sure she does in fact get married?

• spindae2 says:

I mean you must look at it this way it’s episode 13, the series was high in production before they got a 22 ep renewal. So this was semi intended to be a series final. And honestly somehow I’m glad with the pacing cause Mary has a rich history and her life after Francis and France is just as much intruiging as her time spent in France. I hope the show will be able to show as much as possible. For the season final I see Nostradamus, Henry or Bash getting axed.

• Alichat says:

Agreed. Things seem to be moving too quickly.

• Georgia says:

If Clarissa is still alive I am not sure what else they can get out of that story…I was a little disappointed in finding out who she really was. I liked the idea of a mysterious “ghost” that helped those in need while at court. I hope she stays dead, sorry.

• Alyse says:

Before the show got it’s back nine episodes, and a season 2, it originally only had 13, which is what the wedding episode is. It makes sense at it being paced as it is because this episode originally was the season finally. I think Mary is great with both Francis and Bash but I think they will have her marry Francis since they have said before that they won’t change who she marries. I think that Lola is going to get pregnant with his child though and create a lot of drama for them though. Poor Bash will be heartbroken. I don’t know if I believe Clarissa is dead or not, it seems open ended so that if they want to write her into the plot again they can.

• Krys says:

It went by so fast because the show was originally on a 13 episode order, but half way through the first half they received a back order for 22 episodes. So, this technically would have been the season finale had it not gotten those additional episodes.

2. Belle says:

Can she marry Bash, and allow Francis to be the puppet master behind the scenes once Bash becomes “King” – Francis can call the shots as ruler, but for appearance’s sake Bash is Kind?!

3. Cat says:

Beautiful photos! Love the dress and so stoked that Amy Brenneman is guest starring.

4. Aryn says:

I so agree, figured if the wedding happened it would be the season finale!! I am just THRILLED the show was renewed for season 2 :)

5. Jan says:

The gowns are gorgeous!!! Wonder who made them? I would love to wear that wedding dress…is it so fierce :)

• tp says:

Wedding dress is Monique Lhuillier.

• annie says:

She is an awesome designer!! I like what Mary’s mother is wearing too, that blue just stands out so much – you can tell just by looking at her she wants all the attention!!

• thefreespirit18 says:

What is the design of the dress like the a line thingy. I saw this sort of style (the sleeves were shorter) near my home town in a shop window and loved it, but I love this more, so could someone tell me? If you reply and they dont tell me could you also message me on my tumblr? its thefreespirit18 thanks!

6. tp says:

I’m excited and dreading this at the same time. Everyone looks so pretty. Amy Brenneman looks STUNNING!

7. Coop says:

So is Greer the only one with her “virtue” still intact? I’ve lost count, so many hook ups it’s hard to keep track, haha. Where is the pastry chef/cook that Greer likes? I

8. annie says:

I hoped they would keep the story with Catherine and Ailee going…Ailee and Mary feeding her false information would have been a delight to watch, she’d slowly out herself and her misdeeds!!! Can they please bring Ailee back, she was like the glue of the Lady’s In Waiting!

• georgia says:

Ditto – loved that, they could have done so much if they had time to build on it. Oh well, we got season 2 so I am not gonna complain

9. Alichat says:

Brenneman’s dress looks completely out of place. It doesn’t look like it belongs in that period at all. Why in the world is she wearing that poofy, ruched, strapless number?

• belle says:

I don’t think it looks out of place, Scots loved bright vivid colors back then…and anyone can see that Mary’s mother (Amy) wants to be the center of attention even taking eyes away from her daughter on her wedding day no less!!!

• Alichat says:

I have no issue with the color.

• Ali says:

Just the poofyness and being strapless? They really experimented at this time with the New World having so many new textiles and creativity was high for the royal women. They only used tailors/dress makers who could create a masterpiece time and time again…they went through seamstresses like crazy!

• Alichat says:

Yes, the poofy, ruched, strapless design…the belt…..it’s too much….to modern, and by modern I mean the aughts not modern for the 1500s. It’s like something you’d see in a Jessica McClintock line about 10 years ago. The color is gorgeous though…I will give you that.

• gdv says:

I have a huge love/hate relationship with all of the costumes on this show. Love them b/c a lot of them are gorgeous and interesting. HATE them b/c they are not historically accurate at all.

• Mikaela says:

My thoughts exactly. I know they’re not going for accuracy here but they could try a little bit better. And Mary wouldn’t have worn white either. And least the Tudor’s attempted to be accurate in the wardrobe department.

• Haley says:

The Tudor’s were English, they wore more subdued colors and frocks; most of the time not all the time. Most of the other countries around Europe (Spain, France, Italy, Scotland) pushed the boundaries by experimenting in new things for women to wear…they spared no expense to get those unique textiles from other countries.

• Aryn says:

P.S. The real Mary Stuart’s wedding gown was white, and I believe it had flower embellishments, and lace as well. I think the show brings in some of the more accurate things that really happened as much as they can…showing “the girls” was becoming more and more prominent in the 15th-16th centuries. It helped wives keep their men wanting them, the husband’s were jealous of the way other men would ogle their wives. They seemed more desirable because of the skin they showed and instead of going to their mistresses, they would often visit the wife in her chambers. It’s all very stuffy when you think of it that way, but I think the same holds true today. If a man sees another man checking out his girlfriend/wife they do become very protective and jealous…but in a good way – it always makes us girls feel good :)

• dude says:

Nothing on this show belongs in that period. Mary wore a crop top a few weeks ago.

• ec says:

I was just thinking that! I get that this show takes really cool artistic license with the styles, but they generally make stuff that looks like a more fantastical version of history. Amy’s dress looks like she’s going to junior prom…

10. larakingsley says:

Am I the only one who’s bothered by the historical innaccuracy of this show? Whether she should end up with Bash (a completely fictional character) or Francis doesn’t matter. Mary Queen of Scots will marry Francis, they will reign for about a year and a half then she’ll be a widow and go back to Scotland 9 months later.

11. K8Rob says:

I CAN’T EVEN HANDLE THIS. Mary will pick Francis, I just know it! They’re soul mates.

Also, I think the writers are going to slip a knife into our gut in more than one way here. More than Mary’s husband, but her destiny. I can feel it.

• AddyMoss says:

TEAM BASH. But I agree on the destiny front. There has always been so much at stake for Mary. If she tips the balance one way or another here entire legacy could capsize. Me thinks there are grave consequences in her future.

• Lena says:

Will Francis tell his soulmate before or after the ceremony how great her best friend is in bed? Lola is such a wonderful lady in waiting to her Queen. lol

12. Can I simply just say what a relief to discover an individual who genuinely
    understands what they are talking about over the internet.
    You definitely understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important.

A lot more people really need to check this out and understand this side of your story.

I was surprised that you aren’t more popular because you surely have the gift.

13. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for
    ecigarettes

14. Allison says:

Well… she will marry Francis if this show wants to have any basis at all in history. If not, they should have just made all of the character names fictional to begin with. Also, I’m guessing Francis isn’t going to die a year into their marriage… like in real life.

15. rose says:

I wish she would marry Bash but I’m sure it will be Francis because they’ll want to keep to that part of history. Still hopeful for Mary and Bash though. I can’t help it, I just love them together :(

16. kristina says:

I love Francis and Mary so much. I hate the fact that the writers ruined them just for mash to happen and i hate how the writers disrespected the love story of the real Mary and Francis. 1×13 will determine if i will continue watching reign.

• Lena says:

Actually Francis jumping into bed with her friend ruins the relationship. I guarantee that is a card the writers will pull out later to destroy their happy world.

• Laura says:

Actually, I’d say it was more Mary taking away everything he lived for and getting engaged to his brother that ruined their relationship. Sure, Lola was the worst possible person Francis could have sought comfort with. But he was trying to move on. He can’t see the future and as of that moment he thought he would never see Mary again, let alone be with her. So him wanting to move on is justifiable, especially when you consider everything he lost, and the fact that Mary was getting pretty cozy with his BROTHER at that exact minute. As for Lola, she was being kind and understanding to Francis. She was willing to listen to him when he was telling her how he felt about all of this, something nobody else tried to do when they simply made the decisions *for* him. She also represented and was a connection to the life he had lost and misses. That’s probably what held the appeal for him. So even though, in hindsight, it was a pretty poor decision, and especially foolish given who Lola is to Mary, it’s completely understandable at Francis’s end. It really seems that so many people are ready to vilify Francis for every little thing he does without thinking about the context; what has been done to him, what he has lost, and what his head-space must be. Whereas they treat poor Mary as the victim who had to make difficult decisions and therefore is completely justified in trying to find happiness with Bash. But they’re the same. Both Mary and Francis are victims of this situation. And neither one of them should be blamed for any actions which result from the fact.

• mailo says:

yes, they are victims but francis decision is made by his lust rather than his brain.

he just sleeps with every girl that crosses his eyes. douche.

and lola. what a terrible friend. “I want this!” what the hell?!!!

17. spindae2 says:

Adelaide looks so amazing in this dress I’m speechless, her friends look well too. But this week I’m all in for Marie de Guise she has to rock this sh*t.

18. Maddy says:

I will always ship Bash and Mary. I really hope this episode isn’t a total bust for them :(

19. Tee says:

It’s going to be Francis because the writers have decided that every time Mary is in a stable relationship for 5 seconds, she should be driven into the arms of the opposite brother.

Guessing the king and her mom are forcing her to marry ASAP and since Bash is not legitimized, Frances is, and Frances just hooked up with her friend, good time as any to throw them into matrimony.

20. Kate says:

Okay we all know she’s going to marry Francis. It’s basically been confirmed by the writers and Adelaide, as well as history lol. It just sucks, because Mary and Bash have WAY more chemistry. And she’s going to be happy when she marries Francis, and Bash is going to have to watch his brother and the woman he loves get married. Grab some alcohol, Mash shippers. It’s gonna be a tough episode to get through.

• I am a total Francis+Mary lover, never liked Mary+Bash, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t like Bash. It’s going to gut me to see his pathetic face when he gets broken the way Francis did at the end of 1×08. The last 3 eps have been torture on us Fraries, now is our time! So stock up the rum/beer/wine/whatever you drink, and have a couple boxes of tissues around. It’s how we (Fraries) managed!

21. ninergrl6 says:

The fact that Reign has created so much mystery about a historical wedding that actually happened is freakin brilliant. The groom should be obvious, right? It happened in real life 400+ years ago. Yet, there’s all this suspense! I love it! I love Mary’s dress too. Very Kate Middleton.

22. Karie says:

I’m team MASH, they has outstanding chemistry.

23. laurezia says:

I badly want it to be a mary x bash wedding >_<

24. davinala says:

I think Mary and Francis will wed, which will no doubt mean a world of pain for poor Bash. I like Bash so it be sad to see it. But I don’t get it. Why even start Mary and Bash if was just gonna be a fling? It’s just seems unfair to Bash if Mary will always pick Francis. Even being second-best is sad. Is he seriously just going to just wait in the shadows until Francis dies, hoping Mary’s heart will change? Guy needs to get some love.

25. M says:

I wish I could suspend my knowledge of 16th century history to be able to enjoy this show. Let alone ignore the wardrobe. I wouldn’t be surprised if they would have been stoned for the outfits worn. Maybe if it wasn’t based on Mary Stuart and instead a made up sovereign…It makes The Tudors look like a collegiate history lecture.

26. grey says:

Could she please lend this dress to Beckett on “Castle” when she’s done? The costume director for “Castle” needs to see what a truly pretty wedding dress looks like. ;D

27. alex says:

omg my heart is breaking for Bash. God I hate Francis now! The way he treated Bash in this episode was just so horrible. Okay not gonna spoil the episode but I’m so Team Bash now.

28. Tess says:

Ultimately Mary’s real mate is Bash – she just doesn’t see it yet. When I started watching I liked all sides of the triangle – I still do but IMO Bash is the right one for Mary. So if she marries Francis tonight, it won’t last and there wil lbe a lot of unhappiness once she finds out he boinked Lola. Let’s face it Francis is not a faithful guy – as soon as Mary showed up he kicked her to the curb to sex up the girl in his room, then when she made her feelings known about Olivia? he immediately went and slept with Olivia, then later when Mary chose Bash, his feelings were hurt so he slept with Mary’s friend Lola. He is a lot like his daddy. Plus if they follow through with history Francis will die (or in this case be presumed dead). I think Mary’s real love is Bash and in the long run I think that’s were it wil go.

29. TeamMash says: