Hot Video: Arrow's New 3-Minute Trailer Previews Slade's 'Promise' to Oliver and Lots More

Arrow star Stephen Amell just tweeted out a new, three-minute trailer for the CW hit’s coming stretch of episodes, and suffice it to say, it hits the bulls-eye.

RELATED | Arrow Season 2 Scoop — Felicity’s Parents, Oliver and Moira’s Feud

The video below kicks off with a preview of this Wednesday’s episode “The Promise” — which I screened this afternoon, and it is balls-to-the-wall intense — before segueing into a rapid-fire sneak peek at later Season 2 episodes, including the Diggle-centric “Suicide Squad” (airing March 19), “Birds of Prey” and the one I was on set for the filming of, “Deathstroke.” (In fact, one of the scenes I saw being “shot” is the very final moment in this trailer. Chills.)

This is where I tell you to press play.

1. Tracy says:

Yes I love that they show Sara and Laurel when Slade talks about killing the ones he loves. Beautiful. I love Oliver and Sara– I’m so glad this is happening. Seems like we’ll be getting a lot more of Sara and Oliver together–kicking a** and taking names together. Thank you!!!

• Janean.comfort@gmail.com says:

Eww

• Dominator of destruction says:

I agree Sara/Oliver are perfect together as partners and crime fighters if they kill off Sara I’m going to rage

• Elizabeth says:

Oh, don’t worry, you won’t lose Sara. They’ll ram Canary down everyone’s throats and let Oliver go back to being the boring, humorless jerk he was for half of season 1. Too bad, because neither of them are heroes, or at least, not ones I want to watch. I loved the first half of Season 2, but the second half isn’t really holding my attention and I don’t like Oliver going back to being a killer Batman with arrows again.

I really don’t care for Sara, simply because I can’t respect a character who’d go along with a torturer and sleep with her sister’s boyfriend. I miss the dynamic of Team Arrow, and I *really* wish they would have developed Roy rather than bring Sara in. Sara’s too much like island Oliver for me to like and they’re too similar to be interesting together.

2. Sebastian says:

Geez, what crawled up Slade’s butt? He seems way too pissed. The video implies that Olly took Slade’s eye, I’d prefer sticking to his wife shooting him. After that glimpse of the Squad, I can’t wait to see it on the show, and hopefully a spin-off.

3. TL says:

I think I just soiled myself…wait. Yup, yup I did.

4. Lizzie says:

You know what is missing! Felicity and Slade interaction. Not even a Felicity shot the about hurting the people that follow him! WTF I’m seriously believing they have a connection.

• A says:

Yeah, a suspicious lack of Felicity…

• Amy Byers says:

Yeah, Thea’s now the one Slade’s going to corrupt. I just love retcons. Not. Don’t worry, they’ll go back to the tired old trope of the geek girl with a throwaway line or two and then they’ll have a setup between Sara and Felicity and Slade’ll kill Felicity and everyone’ll rejoice because the cleavage in black leather was saved. Like we didn’t see that coming. I’m rooting for Slade to win at this point.

5. Rachel says:

MAJOR CHILLS right now!!!!!

6. Sparky says:

Very cool. A suicide squad spin off would take Diggle away from the inner sanctum which I wouldn’t be a huge fan of. But this looks very cool….and this isn’t even the season finale!!! My favorite CW show without a doubt!!!!

7. Lysh says:

This looks AMAZING. I’m so excited for Diggle to finally have something going on, too.

8. James D says:

Nerdgasm! this season is so freaking good i don’t want it to end.

9. kjmorse says:

Freaking awesome!!!
    Not sure when s2 is going to air here in Oz- but cannot wait!

10. Wow. I am so pumped for the Suicide Squad and Slade. Although, the lack of Felicity in the trailer felt super obvious to me, and I’m not excited to have her relegated to the background. As much as I love seeing new characters come in, I hope the core team doesn’t change. One of my favorite things about the show is Oliver, John, and Felicity’s team dynamic.

• A says:

Felicity was the only character not in that Slade voiceover about killing everyone Oliver cares about. Everyone else (Roy, Diggle, Thea, Moira, Sara, Laurel, Quentin) was in it, so I think something big is happening with Felicity…

• Amy Byers says:

I doubt it. They’ve destroyed Felicity’s part since 2×14, so I’m thinking Guggenheim’s just going to try to get rid of her and try to make everyone like Laurel. Good luck on that one if they don’t improve the writing, which was the problem in the first place. Fixing that toxic soup of a backstory between her and Oliver would help, too. I would have said that was impossible, but they’ve all but rewritten the first half of the season, so who knows.

I don’t see Felicity’s lack of appearance as anything but just being shunted away from the action, period. I mean, really, what, two throwaway stupid lines in 2×15, and they didn’t have her at least able to monitor security at Queen Mansion? Even 2×14 had that awful ‘you’re my girl’ bit, which just smacked of Oliver being patronizing. At this point, he’s not even someone I like.

It’s a shame, because I liked the John/Oliver/Felicity trio on cases, and Sara’s just ruined that, too. I wish they’d brought her in as part of the team instead of Sara the Star of the Show. She’s not likeable as she’s written, which is a shame, because she really could be. Also, I’m not happy by the way they presented her. The whole kiss with Nyssa just smacked of something titillating for the male audience. If they’d brought her on as Oliver’s former lover and current friend, I would have respected them. As it stands, to run from a girl to a man just smacks of the whole myth of ‘Oh, we all really prefer men when we can get them!’

My husband and I just rolled our eyes at Sara’s new background. We’ve decided we’re not going to bother taking out student loans for our daughter for college. We’re going to sign her up with the League. In less than five years, she’ll be a better computer expert than a genius who went to MIT and has been working with computers since age 7, she’ll be more deadly than a special forces operative (and let me tell you, as someone with a SEAL father, I found that hilarious) and she’ll mix a perfect cocktail. If being an assassin is so much better than special forces, then why aren’t we training Navy SEAL solo assassins instead of Navy SEAL *teams*? We see the effect; Sara doesn’t play well with others, and to date, I’ve not been impressed at what she has been able to do. She couldn’t stop Tockman, she couldn’t do more than glare at Slade, and when weeny Tockman was standing there with a gun, she just stood there.

I’m not happy about Digg being with a bunch of villains, either, even if I am happy about Digg getting more action. I just wish he was getting it with Oliver and Felicity instead of a bunch of villains I could care less about. I don’t think Arrow’ll get a fourth season if they keep this up, and I really won’t care, because I doubt I’ll finish season 2 at this rate.

11. mdextraordinare says:

Epic!

12. Patrick Maloney says:

I was skeptical about Slade becoming Deathstroke so soon, I was hurt by this show before because of another one eyed man in this trailer, but I was sold within the first twenty seconds or at least sold enough to forget Deadshot… And Count Vertigo.

13. Ugonna Wosu says:

too much Sara and too little Felicity for me.

14. Jayhawk says:

Prediction – Slade does something to Felicity that leads to her becoming Oracle. Wheelchair and member of the Birds of Prey.

• Cyn_F says:

I don’t ever want to hear any viewer, ever, to use canon as an excuse for something to not happen again if they do that. All we’ve heard is that Felicity can’t be with Arrow because it’s against canon, and he’s got to be with Canary because it’s canon. Well, Barbara Gordon is Oracle, not Felicity Smoak, and I don’t want to see that canon ruined. Given that GA and BC aren’t even together in the current series, he’s got a list of lovers that makes Heidi Fleiss’s little black book look like an advertising circular, and they’re frequently divorced, that’s not a very critical canon. There’s never been anyone but Barbara Gordon as Oracle, though, and that’s who it needs to be. They can’t claim they’re respecting canon in one place and then trash it for convenience.

Why not cripple Sara and let her be Oracle? Or why even cripple someone at all? They can have Laurel take over as Canary, and bingo, everyone’s happy. Not that I’d watch Birds of Prey, anyway. I can’t think of three characters I’d be less likely to watch than that hot mess.

15. sladewilson says:

Actually, when Slade speaks of killing all the people that Ollie loves, there is no Felicity nor Diggle in those shots. Hmmmmm…. I’m hoping at the end, the core Team Arrow stands. As for the Suicide Squad, they can spin off with out Digg as a regular, just have him guest every now and then. And why do I think that Digg and Amanda might end up as… “friends”….

• A says:

They show Diggle in the beginning after Roy when Slade says the part about “those who choose to follow him”

• Guest says:

Me, too. I miss the core Team Arrow. I wouldn’t mind if they spun off Suicide Squad without Dig. I’m just not very optimistic that there’s going to be a show I want to watch since the best writers went to the Flash. It’s a shame because I really loved the last half of s1 and the first part of season 2 tho after Blast Radius it’s gone downhill in a hurry. Bring back Berlanti as a writer!

16. sladewilson says:

Oh yeah, Huntress vs Canary – good times, good times…. LOL…

17. Ella says:

I hate the way the actress that plays Sarah speaks through her teeth. Like she’s constantly on the verge of tears or something. Really glad to see Laurel listed among those Oliver loves, though after his behaviour the past two weeks, I don’t think he even deserves her. Either way, cannot wait for Laurel to take the mantel of Black Canary from the sister and kick some butt like she did when this show first went on the air. Katie Cassidy’s Laurel needs a little of Ruby in her, the character she played so awesomely on “Supernatural”.

• Guest says:

Thank you for that first sentence!!! The actress who plays Sarah is awful and I cannot stand the way she speaks. It drives me crazy and makes me want to quit watching the show until she is off of it. I have seen so many people commenting on how much they love her and thought are you kidding me?? So glad to see someone else notice it!

• trone says:

Black Canary is not Ruby. Stop bring so deluded KC fans.

This is the problem when they cast making katie Cassidy, they really messed up. You cant cast someone to play a superhero who is used to playing herself.

18. Big D says:

Totally awesome! Really glad that TVLine loves Arrow as much as I do.

19. Consider the possibility that Felicity may be the arrow-verse version of “Rose Wilson” slade’s daughter. Felicity has mentioned that she never met her father. If this turns out to be true, thats a definite “Dun Dun Dunnn” moment for Arrow that alot of people wont see coming.

• Isabel says:

I guess I don’t see what the point would be. She doesn’t know about her father and hasn’t had anything to do with him in years. He abandoned her and her mother. I don’t see that she’d be loyal to him, especially if he was trying to kill Oliver. It’s not like she’s Slade’s secret weapon. It’s just another kick in the teeth for a character who doesn’t deserve it. I’d rather they have given her some kind of life outside working for QC and Arrow, like they did Digg, but they’re too busy writing up atrocious Lance dinner parties, I guess.

Speaking of fathers, I really wish Sara and Laurel weren’t sisters. That whole can’t choose between sisters bit is just kind of disgusting and makes me dislike Oliver. If Sara were Laurel’s best friend, that would be a lot better, but how can anyone be a hero if they’re willing to cause that kind of destruction within a family? How can any sister betray another like that and be someone at all worthwhile? I know men think women do that, but we really don’t. That they had Laurel apologize instead of Sara was just mind-bogglingly wrong.

20. sophia7470 says:

That was un.be.liev.able. I can’t WAIT to see these episodes, although how on earth we’re going to survive the Summer hiatus I do not know!

Although – Sara saying saying she’s ‘not that easy to kill’, I hope that’s not foreshadowing…

21. Sparky says:

“OJ and Charles Manson weren’t available”. Great line.

22. Delirious says:

Awesometastic. Nerdgasm overload. Can’t wait to watch it all, dammit!

23. CBWBDK1 says:

Best trailer i have seen in a long time!! Pure awesomeness!!

24. Joey Padron says:

The trailer is awesome. New episode is gonna be great. Can’t wait to see it.

25. Wahst says:

Everything about this trailer makes me think Sara is going to die. I was hoping they would change their mind, keep Sara and not have Laurel become the canary.

26. JC says:

It looks really good. I’m just finding it hard to get my enthusiasm up for the show right now. I really didn’t enjoy the last episode that much – in fact, other than Heir to the Demon, this last stretch of episodes since Christmas has not been all that great. Hopefully they can get back on the right track with tonight’s episode and regain the momentum they’ve lost focusing on this stupid Laurel arc. And I’m getting very tired of worrying about what they’re going to do about the Sara/Laurel situation. Killing Sara and making Laurel Black Canary would be excruciatingly stupid IMO – Sara is an amazing Black Canary, whereas Laurel drags the entire show down. Yet I still fear they will do it because Laurel as Black Canary was the original plan. It’s taking a lot of the enjoyment out of the show for me, seeing them create this amazing character, and all the while worrying that they’re going to kill her off to prop up a character that I can’t stand.

27. Name This Tune says:

I love this show.

28. Mr. Sunshine says:

After seeing this trailer, I’m super excited to see where the show is headed for the rest of the season!

29. Cool. says:

Sara’s the best thing to happen to this show since Felicity. If she dies it would be dramatic, yes, but ultimately I think it would be a mistake. How could the audience ever buy Laurel as the Black Canary after seeing Sara in the role? She would always feel like an imposter, a second-best version that serves only to remind the audience of the character they miss.

• Dominator of destruction says:

I agree Slade and Sara are the biggest reasons this season rules if they kill off Sara for Laurel this show is over for me and i love this show

30. karl says:

I have watched this trailer twice now, once before i read all the comments and then again after. I have decided that most people are reading way to much in what they are seeing! Most think trailers give away to much of the story, I think that this one asks way more questions than it answers!

31. Katie says:

They basically showed everyone when Slade talks about hurting those Oliver loves (Laurel, Sara, Thea, Moira, Diggle, Det. Lance)…except Felicity. Anyone else thinking (desperately hoping) that Slade is Felicity’s long lost father????