Fox Shake-Up: Hell's Kitchen to Push Idol Results Show Back an Hour, Rake Moving to Fridays

hells-kitchen-season-11Hell’s Kitchen will reopen Thursday, March 13 at 8/7c, to serve up its 12th season, Fox has announced.

As of that date, American Idol‘s results show will be pushed back an hour, airing at 9 pm.

RELATED | TV Calendar: 70+ March Premiere and Finale Dates

The freshman drama Rake, in turn, is bound for Friday nights at 8, starting March 14 (where it will lead into Enlisted and Raising Hope).

When Idol‘s results shows get boiled down to a half-hour starting March 27, the new Chris Meloni comedy Surviving Jack will premiere, now airing Thursdays at 9:30.

TVLine’s hand-crafted artisanal March calendar has thusly been updated.

1. Name This Tune says:

You could see this coming. Idol is getting whipped by TBBT on Thursday. Hell’s Kitchen won’t do better but Idol has a chance to win its time slot if it is pushed back an hour.

2. Babygate says:

All I care about is how this might affect the ratings for Greys…

• Name This Tune says:

If you look at last week, Grey’s won its time slot with about a 3.1 rating. Idol on Thursday is roughly the same against TBBT – 3.1. You can find out the results any time. But a scripted drama with a good story is hard to beat.

• justsaying says:

Yes a scripted drama with a good story IS hard to beat. But I thought we were talking about Grey’s? Just saying…

• Name This Tune says:

It won its time slot and I think it has a loyal following. I DVR Grey’s because it is against TVD in my time zone.

• Babygate says:

That’s funny! And how many shows have you produced that have lasted 10 seasons while consistently beating its competition and always ending the season as one of the top 5 network dramas? While new ‘hits’ like Revolution, Lost, The Following, etc. make a splash that soon turns into a puddle, Greys is still standing. Just sayin’.

• Babygate says:

Yes, but this was the spring premiere after a cliffhanger. During the fall the ratings went as low as 2.6 and historically in the spring ratings drop even more. Greys has managed to beat everything else in the time slot for 10 seasons but AI may alter the dynamics. Hopefully not.

3. c-mo says:

Not sure that this bodes well for Enlisted. Rake has been doing terrible and with that as Enlisted’s lead-in, I don’t see their ratings going up at all, most likely going down…

4. Someone says:

Any word on when Kitchen Nightmares will return? I don’t get why they just don’t skip the return to Amy’s Baking Company episode.

5. Mary says:

Well I guess it is official, I won’t be watching the result show unless It has a guest star I really want to see. I am a die hard Grey fan and no way I am watching a dull result show. I guess it will help with ratings against TBBT but to tell you the truth I think ratings might be even worse. Time will tell. No great lost, the result show is usually just fluff and I can get the results online.

6. grey says:

Well considering how bad “Rake’s” ratings have been it’s only right that it be moved to “the dead zone” aka Friday night. :-) The only show I recall being *really truly* successful there was “The X-Files” way back in the day.

7. Rose says:

I think it sucks that idol has moved back an hour! I have been watching AI since it started, im going to quit voting and watching! That’s the only thing I sit down and watch! I can only stay up late one nit a week-done & very disappointed this year with the whole show-just as bad as last year, it’s to much about the judges!