Single Ladies Cancelled By VH1

Single Ladies CancelledVH1 has decided not to put a ring on Single Ladies.

The drama series, produced by Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit Entertainment, has been cancelled after three seasons, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Single Ladies starred LisaRaye McCoy, Denise Vasi, Charity Shea, D.B. Woodside, Travis Winfrey, Terrell Tilford, Harold “House” Moore, LeToya Luckett, Damien Dante Wayans and Lesley-Ann Brandt.

The series finale will air March 24 at 9/8c.

VH1 released the following statement to TVLine, regarding the cancellation:

We’ve been proud to deliver three seasons of the drama, romance and style that engaged viewers in each episode of Single Ladies. Although we’ve decided not to move forward with another season, we hope to work again with the talented cast, creatives and producers as well as our partners at Flavor Unit Entertainment in the near future. We also thank the show’s fans for their support since the premiere in 2011.

Single Ladies was the network’s first hour-long scripted series.

1. tv2day says:

Those chicks r amazing looking. But a drama exposes their lack af acting chops.

2. Can’t say I’m surprised!

3. Mick says:

Kind of saw this coming when Hit the Floor was a success and the show runner left at the end of the last season.

4. webly3 says:

I think the quality of the show can be best described by the company that produced it ‘Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit’ smh. I’m grateful for this cancellation because heaven knows we do not need to see any more single, obnoxious women on television.

5. Dee says:

What the hell…serves them right for going on a long ass hiatus between seasons!!

6. William says:

As soon as Stacey Dash left the show, the quality of the series declined. TPTB should’ve ended Single Ladies as soon as her departure was announced because the second season was horrendous. Oh well, at least Hit The Floor can fill the void.

7. Sara says:

Sorry for the cast & fans, but I’m surprised it lasted this long. The pilot was the worst thing I ever watched.

8. JoAnn says:

I will miss Single Ladies, it showed women in a different light, all flavors, a lot of classy, and sometimes a little sassy, women living the life some of us wish we had the same. I am very disappointed the rest of the viewers don’t feel the same way. Reality TV is stupid and we finally get to see some realness in a show and now its being cancelled. Maybe another network like BET will pick it up. What a great idea!

• keesha says:

I am extremely, disappointed that this is ending..i look forward, to each weekly episode..i hope that they reconsider..

• SashaB says:

Please don’t get rid of single Ladies. Unbelievable how a cast of beautiful successful women can’t stay on tv. They were all amazing to look at and the plot was amazing. The show was really getting even more interesting with Terrance and Rachel. Please someone pick up this show. Bet!!!!!! )))))))))

• Brenda Johnson says:

I agree. I love this show and I hope they consider going to BET maybe even OWN. They will be missed. Now what am I going to watch. This show made me look at myself in a whole new way.

• Miguel says:

I am really hoping that Queen Latifah/FlavaUnit can take the Single Ladies series to BET or OWN..despite all the criticism, it had interesting actors and story line. Hope the show finds new life on another network.

• Penny Walther says:

I agree with you 100%.

9. B says:

Stacey Dash said As I f to Single Ladies! Clueless <3 I want a Clueless sequel. She deserves better projects.

10. B says:

As if, whatever!

11. Kimm says:

I liked the series. Stacy Dash’s departure allowed the series to go in a younger, more realistic direction. It depicted young professionals in a positive light (for the most part). I hope BET, TVOne, or Centric picks it up.

12. monieet says:

Just never quite felt the same after Dash left, but I continued to watch because of Lisa Ray. They added characters that were unnecessary instead of developing the main characters. The Raquel character was a cheap imitation. Sorry, but I am not shocked.

13. Erica says:

I enjoyed it, it was fun. But will I miss it? Meh!

14. Teierra Murphy says:

Im not saying Im sad its being canceled but this episode and “Mary Jane” being back to back was giving too many desperate lonely females too much attention. Especially, the side chicks!!

15. Courtney says:

I love the show and hate to see it come to an end…what will I do with my Mondays now?

16. DashCluelessFan says:

3 seasons?! I’m shocked it lasted that long. Stacy Dash made the show. I stopped watching after she left.

17. Rebecca G says:

Noooooo! I luv this show :(

18. Racquel says:

I’m mad!!!

19. Pink says:

I truly love single ladies and I cannot believe they are not going to keep on with the series. Really VH1 I really hope you have something else better taking its place. You really should get rid of basketball wives not really feeling that show…

20. rin says:

I’m pissed!!!! I’m sure that they will replace it with some ratchet female reality show!!!!That seems to be their new direction. They like to show women pulling each other down and calling one another ugly names. I see what you’re doing VH1…

21. Diva says:

I love this show! 😔😣 It really sucks that it’s ending.

22. Drea says:

Nooooooo…I love the show!!! How do i petition to stop this cancellation??!!

23. Linda says:

Man I’m mad! Why? This show is the great show with very talented people. I hope some other channel picks them up for season 4….there’s plenty of time.

24. Shanana says:

a good black entertaining show is going to be cancelled this really sucks. I really liked this show it showed viewers things in everyday life events. We as viewers learn and take heed to this show. We as viewers waited along time for the show to air again and now take it away again. BET should pick up this SHOW

• Brenda Mason says:

I agree, waited over a year, its back its hotLatoya Lucketts character is over the top but believable. Come on BET OR TV ONE..pick up this show

25. Brenda Mason says:

I’m really upset t hat they’re canceling single ladies, please please, Bet or Tv one pick this show up, the story was just evolving and getting interesting. When Stacy Dash left I was upset but the charactor of Raquel is pretty, smart and a breath of fresh air, I love all the characters and now that Racquels nessing with the bad boy. Whoo wee its hot. Please save the show.. please

26. Shana says:

Don’t cancel the show. We all need to go to VH1 and tell them. Or BET, OWN been needs to pick it up. This show is too good to be off the air.

27. halana says:

so from my understanding vh1 shows are mainly reality shows with some movies, and music videos playing. So y’all decided to cut off one of the highest rating series that queen latifah produces because its not a reality show, yet are allowing hit the floor to come back and James LaRosa is the producer and this show is also a non-reality show

28. Terry says:

I love this show.It is different and funny. This really sucks.

29. Tamara says:

Although the timing at times is off with the acting, this show is finally getting good again. The first season was awesome. Season 2 was bumpy but Season 3 has put the show back on track. I look forward to this show every Monday. I hope that flavor unit pitches this to another network, because God knows that we don’t need another show dominated by black women who do nothing more than act rachet and unclassy.

30. Mary says:

I love this show. It gives us women some hot fire to watch (the men.) The guest stars are awesome and the story line is great. I got all my co-workers to watch this season and now it’s not coming back. I am so sad. The only person I would change would be Lisa Raye. She just can’t act. Now her style is on point. Tasha Mack could play this part. Lol!

• ladybug says:

No she might not can act, but can’t nobody play her part. She honestly pulls off the sassiness of the character

31. ladybug says:

What is the reason for the cancellation? Does it not have good ratings? I waited forever for it to came back on the air just so you all can cancel it? Are y’all canceling any of those horrific reality shows?

32. Erica says:

I really love the show. I couldn’t believe they cancelled it because of silly comments from people who want to see people fight and argue all day. I do hope that another company will pick it up. Sometimes a little excitement is needed instead of ridiculous shows that hit VH1 NOW!!!

33. Erica says:

All the gentleman and ladies were HOT and kept you on your toes. Please someone else pick up the show!!!!

34. Erica says:

Please let another network pick it up soon. Every time a good predominately black show comes out, it’s cancelled. Flavor Unit please redirect to OWN OR BET, they are the only black networks we have. The ladies are full of style and give you a piece of experience and excitement. All the men are talented and well dressed. Don’t let some people take away from what has been created.

35. JUDIE says:

Single ladies is dam good show why take it away all the actors and actress are excellent. You put something good on then you take it away. I hope BET pick them up or OWN. I hope VH1 DON’T put something corny in its place.
    SIGN A MBW
    COMMENT BY JUDIE FULLER
    3/24/14

36. Erica says:

My coworker just told me about the show being cancelled and I am ready to go home can’t believe this listen to the fans we want this show!!!!!!!!

37. JBall says:

Wow…Each season brought new drama to each character, and now it’s cancelled when the story line was growing stronger…. I would like to see more and would agree with other fans to move it to another network.

38. ivon says:

Finally something other than reality crap. Hate to see it go, loved the show. Bring it back!

39. Darcia says:

Please, please, please don’t take Single Ladies off the air. Come on OWN pick it up!

40. Jasmine says:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! YOU ALL ARE FOOLS!!!! This show was the Only reason why I was watching vh1….

41. Jay says:

Great show and fun entertainment. Bring Single Ladies back for a 4th season! The show has a great cast of actors. It’s pure fun and entertainment, what tv should be! Bring it back.

42. Citrus Citrus says:

I loved the show and the characters were alive to me, thanks to the actresses and actors! I will miss it.

43. Danelle says:

How dare VH1 take our show away from us. I love this show the humor ,romance drama fashion someone else needs to pick up this show and fast I,m very sad about this . the show is my entertainment. how can they just leave us wondering what would be happening in the next episodes that should be coming. me and my family and friends do not plan to watch Vh1 any more. after taking off the best show they had to offer. I don,t like anything else they have to offer someone please get single ladies back on please please please !!!!

44. tyreek says:

HAULTTTTTT !

45. Frankie says:

Hit the floor ? i hit the floor when i found out they took off single ladies for that ,. WILL NOT BE WATCHING .

46. Tatiana says:

Please OWN pick it up!

47. aisha says:

i really enjoyed the show… hope someone else will pick it up…..

48. Misty K says:

Happy to see Lisa Raye McCoy she is the worst actress I ever had to watch. She brought the show down. Please send her back to acting school.

49. Benita says:

I just can’t believe this. I have been a loyal viewer of Single Ladies since it first aired. I am very upset about the cancellation. Somebody pick up Single Ladies!!!!

50. Divine says:

Love this show, please bring it back with dates, time and station. Can not wait.