Pilot Scoop: Dylan McDermott Starring in Kevin Williamson's Psychological Thriller for CBS

Dylan McDermott Kevin Williamson PilotDylan McDermott is stalking a major role in Kevin Williamson’s untitled CBS drama pilot.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Last seen as a terrorist in CBS’ Hostages, McDermott will headline the potential one-hour series about detectives who handle stalking incidents for the Threat Assessment Unit of the LAPD, TVLine has learned.

McDermott will play Detective Jack Larsen, who recently transferred to the unit from New York. Described as confident and quick-thinking, Jack also has a troubled past he intends on leaving behind.

RELATED | CBS Boss Weighs In on Hostages’ Future and the Ongoing Mondays-at-10 Time Slot Problem

Liz Friedlander — who has worked with Williamson on multiple projects, including The FollowingThe Secret Circle and The Vampire Diaries – will direct the pilot. Williamson will write and executive-produce with Warner Bros. Television.

1. Steven says:

Where Dylan goes I will follow. I’ve loved him since The Practice.

2. Lisa says:

So no Lily Rabe OR Dylan in AHS4. I’m excited by this. I hope it means Murphy is bringing in a lot of new blood to mix-up with the older like Lange, Bates, and Paulson

3. tv2day says:

They keep trying with this guy as a lead n it always fails. He needs to be in a supporting role. I did like dark blue though on tnt. But there was really no lead on that show.

4. Tran 2.0 says:

This news may very well be the end for HOSTAGES on CBS.

5. nawel says:

Love Dylan and his show so I will watch this one if it picked! And he can be on season 4 like he was on season 2 (a secondary role)

6. K says:

I used to love Kevin Williamson (Scream movies, TVD) but after the Following i don’t know what to expect. The writing is horrible on the Following and i know he doesn’t write every episode, still has his hand in the mix. Hopefully he will get his writing groove back with this interesting (albeit very limiting) premise. Each week a new stalker stalking a new celebrity? Sounds very repetitive.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I kind of agree. The young adult, snarky, genre-aware stuff is what he does best.

• Fernanda says:

You right. I remember when he departured Dawson’s Creek writing room on season 3 the show wasn’t the same. I enoyed the Pacey/Joey relationship (that idea always Kevin kept it in mind since that episode wih them on season 1) but made Dawson a boring character was a big mistake. The same thing happened on the Vampire Diaries, when Kevin was involved we have a lot of GOOD deaths, turns, surprises and Damon/Elena/Stefan triangle very important, but right now it is a hole mess, but it is still a good show. The Secret Circle was great in some moments but some of the cast member doesn’t connect with the audience, except of course Phoebe Tonkin.

The Following is a a great way to put on the map some new blood, but some times too much blood and no victories for the heroes made me a little bitter when I watched every episode. Too Cruel and no Kind. (Yeap, and I also watched Game of Thrones but I have feelings for all of them, specially the Lannisters and my Kaleesi)

But still he is one of my favorite writers and showrunners, this time he should write others genres, another Dawson’s Creek type (but please not like Wasteland) or a black comedy as Teaching Ms Tringle.

7. Jay says:

And another show ruined by Dylan….and this one looked promising! It’s too bad, really.

8. JON says:

Wish he’d get more shows in cable, like AHS. So he can just show his ass every time.

9. Cyrax86 says:

Dylan was also fantastic in ABC’s short lived Big Shots, that one never gets a mention anymore!