Ratings: Americans Matches Season 1 Average

Get More: News, Premieres, Ratings

Ratings The Americans Season 2The Season 2 premiere of FX’s The Americans on Wednesday night spied 1.9 million total viewers, with 863,000 landing in the 18-49 sweet spot.

While those tallies represent a steep drop from the acclaimed series’ January 2013 launch (which drew 3.2 mil/1.6 mil), they are on par with the freshman run’s average and up a good 20 percent versus the final five episodes of Season 1.

RELATED | The Americans Post Mortem: Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and EPs Explore the Bloody Season 2 Premiere’s Big Twists, Lingering Questions

During Season 1, The Americans — as one of the most time-shifted series on TV — enjoyed a Live+7 DVR gain of at least 80 percent.

Tags: ,

Comments (20)

• Fantastic show, it literally gets better with every episode so all I hope now is that in case the ratings aren’t good enough for F/X, it will somehow live on Damages/The Killing style…come on people, you know it is pretty much tailormade for Netflix…

Comment by miller – February 27, 2014 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love this show and you’re right, it is tailor-made for either Netflix or DirecTV.

Comment by The Beach – February 27, 2014 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched the first 5 or so episodes and did nothing for me.

Comment by David4 – February 27, 2014 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What was the point of this comment?

Comment by Ana – February 27, 2014 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I read the first five words of your reply and it did nothing for me.

Comment by Et al – February 27, 2014 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can also buy sand dollars, which are very
    reasonable (costing only cents in cities by the beach and online through Quality Shells) and tie a ribbon through one of the holes making an ornament as well.
    Article Source: White is a professional article writer for bridal, wedding, and various other topics.
    And if you can’t hear the music your guests will start to
    wonder if the music stopped or if something is wrong with the computer.

Comment by bridal consultant Port Washington NY – February 27, 2014 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is it on with those awful ratings?

Comment by JoMarch – February 27, 2014 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because it’s on cable and the standards are much lower? Why are you on here if you don’t care about the show?

Comment by brooks – February 27, 2014 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I recorded it and watched it today but the last few minutes were cut off. Did it run over?

Comment by The Beach – February 27, 2014 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YUP!

Comment by TL – February 27, 2014 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, it went to 11:07.

Comment by ... – February 27, 2014 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it was cut off on mine too

Comment by nate – February 27, 2014 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show. Glad it’s back on.

Comment by enri – February 27, 2014 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keri getting involved with matthew rhys which broke up her marriage I think hurt the show. I couldn’t care less, the show is awesome but Keri lost some of her darling charm which translates into viewership loss unfortunately.

Comment by Luke – February 27, 2014 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, because SO many people care about Keri Russell’s personal life….And what darling charm? WTF are you even talking about?

Comment by Ana – February 27, 2014 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the episode was amazing. I like how they’re addressing the family theme this season. I do think it’s the kind of show that would do well as binge watching, a la Netflix, or similar. There’s a lot of players and plots occurring at the same time, with some carried over from last season. It can be confusing if you don’t keep up. I almost gave up last season, but stuck with it and glad I did. It looks to be a great season.

Comment by Anna – February 27, 2014 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FX Ratings are not as high as they can get on TNT or USA which are watched more.. In my case, I watched live and recorded other stuff.. … The extreme buzz this show has should help.. It has been available on Amazon Prime for catchup purposes though FX ran repeat marathons in the middle of the night from last year this month…

Comment by Doug H – February 27, 2014 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Americans got really good by the end of season 1. I haven’t been able to watch the premiere yet, but I can’t wait!

Comment by Mikael – February 28, 2014 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remarkable! Its truly amazing paragraph, I have got much clear idea
    on the topic of from this article.

Comment by SEO – March 22, 2014 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post