Parks and Rec Books Michelle Obama for Finale

Michelle Obama Parks and RecreationSomeone check Leslie Knope’s pulse.

First Lady Michelle Obama will pay a figurative visit to Pawnee, with an appearance in the hour-long Season 6 finale of NBC’s Parks and Recreation (airing Thursday, April 24).

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

FLOTUS’ cameo was filmed in late February in Miami, where she was celebrating investments in healthier out-of-school programs as part of her “Let’s Move” initiative.

RELATED | Parks and Rec Goodbye Episode Recap: Ann Gets Her Park, and We Are Wrecked

Other D.C. dynamos to previously pop up on Parks include Vice President Joe Biden, Arizona Sen. John McCain, California Sen. Barbara Boxer and former Maine Sen. Olympia Snowe.

1. RJ says:

Well, looks like I won’t be watching the finale now!

2. HAP says:

You are ridiculous.

3. Jerry says:

2-27-2014

Well, it seems our first lady & her husband will be ending their acting in the white house, but will be beginning their new career as the Simpson’s…

Jerry R, in California

4. NYCer4Life says:

AWESOMESAUCE!!!

5. DV says:

I love when they do stuff like this because it makes Leslie seem so real. I love the entire cast but I would love to see a version where Leslie (and Ben)actually makes it to Washington with a new supporting cast/staff.

6. Josh says:

Didn’t Nancy Reagan do Different Strokes?

• justsaying says:

yes. yes she did. both she and her husband were also former actors. well, technically all politicians are actors too, so…

7. RoG says:

I’ll second the gag.

8. Does youjr website have a conttact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d
    like tto shoot you ann e-mail. I’ve goot some ideas foor your blog you mitht be interested
    in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward
    to seeing it expand over time.

9. Jessica says:

Does her fame whore need have no end?!?

10. Pat says:

Matt, I am so disgusted by some of the comments on this site. Michelle Obama is the First Lady of the United States and she should be afforded that respect. She is a gracious First Lady and I am glad that Parks and Rec will be having her on. Her “Let’s Move Campaign” is a wonderful thing for all the children of our country.

11. R.O.B. says:

My only issue with the political cameos is I absolutely could not buy Leslie and Ann being so hot for Joe Biden. In that vein, we’ll find out in the finale that Leslie has a girl crush on Michelle Obama. If they really want to impress me, we’ll see Ron struggle to be polite despite his disdain for the Obamas.

12. Will says:

Forget the drama above, can we talk about the issue as to why Parks is ending its Season early (i.e. before May)?

13. whatawookiesheis says:

Awesomesauce! now I’ve got an hour to kill with much funnier (and WAYYYY less political) Cougar Town reruns that night!