Parks and Rec Books Michelle Obama for Finale

Get More: Uncategorized

Michelle Obama Parks and RecreationSomeone check Leslie Knope’s pulse.

First Lady Michelle Obama will pay a figurative visit to Pawnee, with an appearance in the hour-long Season 6 finale of NBC’s Parks and Recreation (airing Thursday, April 24).

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

FLOTUS’ cameo was filmed in late February in Miami, where she was celebrating investments in healthier out-of-school programs as part of her “Let’s Move” initiative.

RELATED | Parks and Rec Goodbye Episode Recap: Ann Gets Her Park, and We Are Wrecked

Other D.C. dynamos to previously pop up on Parks include Vice President Joe Biden, Arizona Sen. John McCain, California Sen. Barbara Boxer and former Maine Sen. Olympia Snowe.

Comments (27)

• Well, looks like I won’t be watching the finale now!

Comment by RJ – February 27, 2014 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why?

Comment by ben – February 27, 2014 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So you’ll skip the entire finale for what’s probably no more than a 30 second cameo? That’s super mature of you!

Comment by Michelle – February 27, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure the First Lady will be quite hurt.

Comment by j – February 27, 2014 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I sense sarcasm, and it doesn’t matter. The only person she cares about anyway is herself.

Comment by yankeesrj12 – February 27, 2014 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love how you can speak about a person you never met. How was lunch?

Comment by Lena – February 27, 2014 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you are that anti Michelle Obama, then clearly you are not a real Leslie Knope/Parks and Rec fan

Comment by Simon – February 27, 2014 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are ridiculous.

Comment by HAP – February 27, 2014 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2-27-2014

Well, it seems our first lady & her husband will be ending their acting in the white house, but will be beginning their new career as the Simpson’s…

Jerry R, in California

Comment by Jerry – February 27, 2014 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad you put the date cause TVLine doesn’t do that for us.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – February 27, 2014 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry folks, I forgot to lock up my computer and my grandpa is out visiting from shady pines. Back to the home with him

Comment by Jerry's grandson – February 27, 2014 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shut it Larry! :P

Comment by Tom – February 27, 2014 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOMESAUCE!!!

Comment by NYCer4Life – February 27, 2014 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think michelle is just trying to get her SAG card…

Comment by justsaying – February 28, 2014 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love when they do stuff like this because it makes Leslie seem so real. I love the entire cast but I would love to see a version where Leslie (and Ben)actually makes it to Washington with a new supporting cast/staff.

Comment by DV – February 27, 2014 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t Nancy Reagan do Different Strokes?

Comment by Josh – February 27, 2014 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes. yes she did. both she and her husband were also former actors. well, technically all politicians are actors too, so…

Comment by justsaying – February 28, 2014 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gag.

Comment by Bella – February 27, 2014 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll second the gag.

Comment by RoG – February 27, 2014 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does youjr website have a conttact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d
    like tto shoot you ann e-mail. I’ve goot some ideas foor your blog you mitht be interested
    in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward
    to seeing it expand over time.

Comment by xbox one giveaway – February 27, 2014 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Iyay ouldnshay’tay easetay ethay obotsray utbay… uckfay offyay youyay upidstay etinouscray igpay

Comment by Scott – February 27, 2014 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does her fame whore need have no end?!?

Comment by Jessica – February 27, 2014 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, I am so disgusted by some of the comments on this site. Michelle Obama is the First Lady of the United States and she should be afforded that respect. She is a gracious First Lady and I am glad that Parks and Rec will be having her on. Her “Let’s Move Campaign” is a wonderful thing for all the children of our country.

Comment by Pat – February 28, 2014 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My only issue with the political cameos is I absolutely could not buy Leslie and Ann being so hot for Joe Biden. In that vein, we’ll find out in the finale that Leslie has a girl crush on Michelle Obama. If they really want to impress me, we’ll see Ron struggle to be polite despite his disdain for the Obamas.

Comment by R.O.B. – February 28, 2014 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forget the drama above, can we talk about the issue as to why Parks is ending its Season early (i.e. before May)?

Comment by Will – February 28, 2014 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesomesauce! now I’ve got an hour to kill with much funnier (and WAYYYY less political) Cougar Town reruns that night!

Comment by whatawookiesheis – February 28, 2014 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post