Pilot Scoop: Gina Rodriguez Is Jane the Virgin

Gina Rodriguez Jane the VirginRelative newcomer Gina Rodriguez (The Bold and the Beautiful, 2012’s Filly Brown) has (apologies ahem) penetrated the big leagues, landing the title role in The CW’s drama pilot Jane the Virgin, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

An adaptation of the successful Venezuelan telenovela, the potential series finds Rodriguez playing a hard-working, religious young Latina woman who is accidentally artificially inseminated.

90210‘s Jennie Snyder Urman penned the script.

In addition to her role as Beverly on B&B, Rodriguez’ TV credits include guest stints on Happy Endings, The Mentalist, Longmire and Rizzoli & Isles.

1. Julie says:

I used to watch this telenovela in Brazil, i had no idea CW was going to adapt. I don’t even know what to think.

2. spindae2 says:

The concept is so silly that it could honestly work for the CW. I assume Cw will pick up this or Identity as their none Supernatural dramas. But if the want this show to succeed the have to CHANGE THE TITLE.

• dee says:

Blech, upcoming tv show previews/teasers are supposed to “TEASE” – to entice you to watch. I’m not enticed – not teased … it strikes me as juvenile, stupid, slow, ignorant…. I’m already tired and bored with this piece of c-rap

3. Ally Oop says:

I doubt this show could do well on CW. The premise stinks. It’s a shame because there’s a serious lack of good Latin American leads on American English-language tv.

4. justsaying says:

what the what? just no. please give this girl a better pilot than this. you lost me at “accidentally artificially inseminated”. No actually you lost me at the off putting title. But the premise made me want to throw my chromebook at my tv screen.

5. Dav says:

Good for her. Still not gonna watch it.

6. Jana says:

The premise is horrible! Gina is a good actress but this pilot is crap and why does American TV always do adaptations of the worse telenovelas? And the working title sucks

7. madhatter360 says:

I really want to watch this, just to get an answer to the question “How does one get ‘accidentally inseminated’?”.

8. Jared says:

This series won’t get past the pilot stage. If the CW feels the need to pick up a non genre show Identity seems like the better choice.

9. Jinjoen says:

Have you ever seen the little gem of a movie called “Quinceañera”? Yes, it’s absolutely possible to get pregnant and still being a virgin. Petting will do this to you.

10. Me says:

After the premise all I could think was, “law suit.”

11. I predict: EPIC SHOW FAIL

12. troll says:

Remember Jane by Design? Me either.

13. Because so many important vitamins and minerals are missing from the foods we eat, supplements
    are very beneficial. In mouse experiments, FTI treatment was able to prevent HGPS symptoms
    developing. For example, a dietary supplement manufacturer does not have to prove a product’s safety and effectiveness before it is marketed.

14. Hi there, constantly i used to check blog posts here early in the daylight, since i like to
    gain knowledge of more and more.

15. If some one desires to be updated with latest technologies then he must be pay
    a quick visit this web page and be up to date every day.

16. Bonnie Mitchell says:

They cancelled good shows for crap like this … I need to rethink CW being my fav network.

17. This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful
    post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

18. When NBC detects you’re outside the USA you get a pop upp message saying that they don’t stream to your location. But the HD Dream – Screen one hunndred
    by clicking below, which will bring you to Amazon. However, the latter security measures is not fool-proof annd expert hackers can simply bypass your pass
    code onn your own i – Phone and retrieve data andd folders that have documents related to your identity.

19. Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an email.

I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might
    be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I
    look forward to seeing it develop over time.

20. This is for allowing them to improve their professional and technical
    services in the field of bookkeeping. For example, in a nation like Britain, company tax return contains completed Corporation Tax Return (CT 600) and the yearly monetary
    documents and accounts, which support the tax estimation. Bookkeeping
    and accounting are the simplest processes that a company can contract out to another.
    When you are starting out take into consideration is an excellent beginning to sell off general sterling silver rings, in that case there are certain issues that you have
    to find out.

21. When you rent a corporate apartment in Melbourne, you are assured
    of the best service. This helps in selecting a location that can optimize your
    trip to London. If you are staying in a hotel however, you cannot cook food yourself.
    It is definitely recommended that you go down this
    route, and if you keep reading you will discover the reasons why….