Cancelled Ripper Street Cops a Season 3 Renewal

Get More: News, Renewals

Ripper Street Renewed Season 3BBC America’s Ripper Street has been renewed for Season 3 — almost three months after the late-Victorian era crime drama was put out to pasture.

RELATED | BBC America, Dracula Creator Developing Drama About Robin Hood’s Double Life

Helping pave the way for the “resurrection” was a deal with Amazon, which acquired subscription streaming rights to the BBCA coproduction for the UK.

PHOTO | New Doctor Who Unveiled: ‘Rebel Time Lord’ Sports Doc Martens, Daring Jacket Lining

Watch a trailer for “Elephant Man”-themed Episode 2 (airing Saturday at 9/8c):

Comments (26)

• Oh dear, the way you write your article, it’s as if BBC America renewed it only days after it aired… when the show was cancelled by BBC late last year, and it’s only *now* that it was saved by Amazon Prime Instant Video UK. It’s almost a miracle for us fans and you just make it seems so… common.

Comment by Angelique – February 26, 2014 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed. I have been waiting for this fantastic news for months now. I was so glad to read that it had been saved by amazon.

Comment by CBWBDK1 – February 26, 2014 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amended!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 26, 2014 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this going to be an American production now? I thought I read somewhere that BBC canceled it?

Comment by Andy – February 26, 2014 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Still a BBCA/Tiger Aspect Productions/Lookout Point production.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 26, 2014 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very good news. I wish the story was about Copper instead though…

Comment by CourtTV – February 26, 2014 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen. Copper was SO good. I am glad to see Ripper Street saved.

Comment by magicallysuspicious – February 26, 2014 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I, too, wish this would happen for Copper!! Like both shows but have to admit to liking Copper more!!

Comment by Spikenalabama – February 26, 2014 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I too, wish we would get some more Copper, especially since it ended with massive cliffhangers.

Comment by AnnaM – February 27, 2014 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just made my morning! *happy dance*

Comment by tp – February 26, 2014 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I really love this show and it’s great that its getting another shot.

Comment by Ala – February 26, 2014 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no idea it was cancelled to begin with, which is a shame because I think the show has steadily gotten better since the pilot. Glad someone came to their senses to give this show a third season.

Comment by Cassandra – February 26, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t realize it either. I knew that Copper was cancelled, and I think I was just getting the two mixed up.

Comment by Znachki – February 26, 2014 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! more Matthew Macfadyen on the TV :D also love the show lol

Comment by Nichole – February 26, 2014 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!

Comment by Abby – February 26, 2014 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh that’s fantastic news!!!! The twitter campaign to get it renewed has been fantastic. Oh dear I love this show. So pleased. Hope SPACE channel in Canada will carry the third season somehow

Comment by Liz – February 26, 2014 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!!!

Comment by chris – February 26, 2014 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t this the show that Entertainment Weekly referred to as “Downton Stabby”? :) Anyway, good news for the fans.

Comment by Malachi – February 26, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahaha! I’m so calling it Downton Stabby from now on. haha. awesome

Comment by liz – February 26, 2014 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Canceling Matthew Macfadyen has to break some British Law.
    Great News for Ripper fans
    Still sad for Copper fans

Comment by Whatever – February 26, 2014 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you , thank you , thank you. I was shocked to hear it got canceld last year but this great news.

Comment by Daniel – February 26, 2014 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t realize that both Copper and Ripper Street had been cancelled. I love both and am very pleased that this is back on and on my DVR!

Comment by Jenny – February 26, 2014 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from
    PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.

But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on several websites for about a year
    and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic
    things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into
    it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

Comment by Casual Sex Apple Valley California – February 26, 2014 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s up colleagues, its wonderful paragraph on the
    topic of teachingand entirely defined, keep it up all the time.

Comment by http://www.squidoo.com/pharrell-williams-girl-album-leak – February 26, 2014 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if only somebody would do this for Copper.

Comment by Mister B – February 27, 2014 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just a viewer but fan of BBC productions. They have never disappointed me. In my humble opinion the acting is outstanding. The costuming and sets beyond splendid. To me, they are excellent at their craft. Each show is almost like a motion picture. It’s always a downer for me when a show is cancelled. Loved “Copper”, and will miss them. Fortunately, the others are hanging on ……An American fan

Comment by Marty Martyn – April 12, 2014 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post