Cancelled Ripper Street Cops a Season 3 Renewal

Ripper Street Renewed Season 3BBC America’s Ripper Street has been renewed for Season 3 — almost three months after the late-Victorian era crime drama was put out to pasture.

RELATED | BBC America, Dracula Creator Developing Drama About Robin Hood’s Double Life

Helping pave the way for the “resurrection” was a deal with Amazon, which acquired subscription streaming rights to the BBCA coproduction for the UK.

PHOTO | New Doctor Who Unveiled: ‘Rebel Time Lord’ Sports Doc Martens, Daring Jacket Lining

Watch a trailer for “Elephant Man”-themed Episode 2 (airing Saturday at 9/8c):

1. Angelique says:

Oh dear, the way you write your article, it’s as if BBC America renewed it only days after it aired… when the show was cancelled by BBC late last year, and it’s only *now* that it was saved by Amazon Prime Instant Video UK. It’s almost a miracle for us fans and you just make it seems so… common.

2. Andy says:

Is this going to be an American production now? I thought I read somewhere that BBC canceled it?

3. CourtTV says:

Very good news. I wish the story was about Copper instead though…

4. tp says:

This just made my morning! *happy dance*

5. Ala says:

Awesome! I really love this show and it’s great that its getting another shot.

6. Cassandra says:

I had no idea it was cancelled to begin with, which is a shame because I think the show has steadily gotten better since the pilot. Glad someone came to their senses to give this show a third season.

7. Nichole says:

YAY!!! more Matthew Macfadyen on the TV :D also love the show lol

8. Abby says:

Great news!

9. Liz says:

Oh that’s fantastic news!!!! The twitter campaign to get it renewed has been fantastic. Oh dear I love this show. So pleased. Hope SPACE channel in Canada will carry the third season somehow

10. chris says:

Awesome news!!!

11. Malachi says:

Isn’t this the show that Entertainment Weekly referred to as “Downton Stabby”? :) Anyway, good news for the fans.

12. Whatever says:

Canceling Matthew Macfadyen has to break some British Law.
    Great News for Ripper fans
    Still sad for Copper fans

13. Daniel says:

Thank you , thank you , thank you. I was shocked to hear it got canceld last year but this great news.

14. Jenny says:

I didn’t realize that both Copper and Ripper Street had been cancelled. I love both and am very pleased that this is back on and on my DVR!

15. My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from
    PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.

But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on several websites for about a year
    and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic
    things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into
    it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

16. What’s up colleagues, its wonderful paragraph on the
    topic of teachingand entirely defined, keep it up all the time.

17. Mister B says:

Now if only somebody would do this for Copper.

18. Marty Martyn says:

I’m just a viewer but fan of BBC productions. They have never disappointed me. In my humble opinion the acting is outstanding. The costuming and sets beyond splendid. To me, they are excellent at their craft. Each show is almost like a motion picture. It’s always a downer for me when a show is cancelled. Loved “Copper”, and will miss them. Fortunately, the others are hanging on ……An American fan

19. bertie says:

Can’t understand why this show would ever have been cancelled??? Its superb. One of the best things on TV. The character of Drake is one of the best I’ve ever seen. I hope there’s a season 4 and 5 too.

20. MaryAnn Knowles. says:

So glad Ripper Street has been saved. By far the best crime show on television. Makes staying home on Saturday night a pleasure.