Pilot News: Michelle Trachtenberg, Michael Rosenbaum Among the Latest Castings

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Trachtenberg Rosenbaum PilotsBuffy alum Michelle Trachtenberg, Smallville vet Michael Rosenbaum and a onetime Gossip Girl among the latest actors to book pilots this winter.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Per our sister site Deadline….

* Trachtenberg has joined CBS’ “Oh no, I drunkenly booked a wedding venue and now have a deadline to find a husband!” sitcom Save the Date, playing the no-nonsense sister/roommate of the crisis-stricken central character (Psych‘s Maggie Lawson). Go On‘s Julie White in turn will play the gals’ mother.

* Rosenbaum, whose previous sitcom credits include Breaking In, has boarded NBC’s Will Ferrell-produced 1960s workplace sitcom Mission Control, playing Bus, a jockish but likeable NASA astronaut.

* Over on The CW’s The Messengers, which follows a group of strangers charged with preventing an apocalypse after surviving a mysterious event, Sofia Black-D’Elia (Gossip Girl) and Joel Courtney (Super 8) will play, respectively, a single mom and a loner who was who was raised in a group home.

Comments (22)

• Save the Date’s premise sounds stupid.

Comment by woodyinho – February 26, 2014 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I’m so happy to see both of these actors back on screen.

Comment by SnazzyO (@SnazzyO) – February 26, 2014 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Save the Date does make it to series somehow, which I hope it doesn’t because I don’t want to see another sitcom of Maggie’s fail, I will watch it because of Michelle, Maggie, and Julie White. I loved Go On and Julie was great on it.

Comment by Andy – February 26, 2014 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh I like Trachtenberg but no way I’m watching that show no matter who they cast in it. The plot sounds awful. It was bad enough suffering through an episode of two of Mom for its cast.

Comment by Tee – February 26, 2014 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • those 2 episodes of Mom were nothing its soo much better now

Comment by nate – February 26, 2014 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is not a tv show plot. That is the “b” story that plays out over 3-5 episodes.

Comment by Patrick – February 26, 2014 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mom has blossomed into a very good show. Give it another try.

Comment by drew096 – February 26, 2014 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would really like to see Micheal rosenbaum on my TV every week again, he is so crazy talented.

Comment by Drewer – February 26, 2014 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very happy for the return of Rosenbaum. I was crushed when he left Smallville and disapppointed to find out Breaking In was cancelled. I don’t usually like anything Will Ferrell related, but definitely hoping Mission Control is a success.

Comment by Andrew D – February 26, 2014 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doing the Happy Dance that Michael Rosenbaum is going to be back on TV! Yay!

Comment by Heather – February 26, 2014 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save the date sounds so stupid, out of all the ideas for a show that’s what they choose

Comment by Pati – February 26, 2014 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Michelle Trachtenberg and I’m glad she’s finally gotten a pilot. She’s done some great guest star work this season. Although I do wish she was getting a drama pilot of some kind.

Comment by David – February 26, 2014 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch anything with Michael Rosenbaum in it.

Comment by Alex – February 26, 2014 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Messengers sounds just like that show from a few years ago, Odyssey 5.

Comment by Martin – February 26, 2014 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Michael Rosenbaum PLEASE do a guest spot on Supernatural?! How awesome would that be?

Comment by Ella – February 26, 2014 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be fantastically awesome!!!!

It’s great that Michael can be seen on tv again. Will totally watch this new program.

Comment by Dee – February 27, 2014 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Trachtenberg but that show sounds SO unbelievably dumb. Seriously? Like there are other stories we can tell about women that doesn’t involve inane and insulting ‘quest for husband’ tropes. My gawd.

Comment by liz – February 26, 2014 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “crisis-stricken central character” – Really? Booking a wedding venue without a husband is NOT a crisis. The whole premise of that show is stupid and insulting. What is this…1980?

Comment by Jillian – February 27, 2014 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad for Michelle and Michael but their shows aren’t appealing at all. The messenger cast isn’t that appealing but the show seems interesting to a sci-fi freak like me.

Comment by spindae2 – February 27, 2014 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie and Michelle would normally draw me to a show, but Save the Date’s premise sounds awful. It’s such an implausible premise that it requires viewers to dumb themselves down to accept it. Wouldn’t someone in that situation just cancel the reservation? There is no way any nonrefundable deposit would be SO large that the only option would be to quickly find someone to marry. Other options normal people would consider is finding someone else to take it from her (wedding venues usually have many couples trying to book them on the same dates, surely there’s someone else interested) or throwing a non-wedding party instead. Obviously I’m putting too much thought into this, but it is literally so dumb that I can’t help it.

Comment by Brooke – February 27, 2014 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Michael is coming back to TV. He was funny on Breaking In and great on Smallville.

Comment by Joey Padron – February 27, 2014 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Maggie. Her new show sounds even more terrible than her last Baseball nonense. Love here on Psych. Really gonna miss that show

Comment by DiverKlein – February 27, 2014 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post