Pilot News: Michelle Trachtenberg, Michael Rosenbaum Among the Latest Castings

Trachtenberg Rosenbaum PilotsBuffy alum Michelle Trachtenberg, Smallville vet Michael Rosenbaum and a onetime Gossip Girl among the latest actors to book pilots this winter.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Per our sister site Deadline….

* Trachtenberg has joined CBS’ “Oh no, I drunkenly booked a wedding venue and now have a deadline to find a husband!” sitcom Save the Date, playing the no-nonsense sister/roommate of the crisis-stricken central character (Psych‘s Maggie Lawson). Go On‘s Julie White in turn will play the gals’ mother.

* Rosenbaum, whose previous sitcom credits include Breaking In, has boarded NBC’s Will Ferrell-produced 1960s workplace sitcom Mission Control, playing Bus, a jockish but likeable NASA astronaut.

* Over on The CW’s The Messengers, which follows a group of strangers charged with preventing an apocalypse after surviving a mysterious event, Sofia Black-D’Elia (Gossip Girl) and Joel Courtney (Super 8) will play, respectively, a single mom and a loner who was who was raised in a group home.

1. woodyinho says:

Save the Date’s premise sounds stupid.

2. YAY! I’m so happy to see both of these actors back on screen.

3. Andy says:

If Save the Date does make it to series somehow, which I hope it doesn’t because I don’t want to see another sitcom of Maggie’s fail, I will watch it because of Michelle, Maggie, and Julie White. I loved Go On and Julie was great on it.

4. Tee says:

Ugh I like Trachtenberg but no way I’m watching that show no matter who they cast in it. The plot sounds awful. It was bad enough suffering through an episode of two of Mom for its cast.

5. Drewer says:

I would really like to see Micheal rosenbaum on my TV every week again, he is so crazy talented.

• Andrew D says:

Very happy for the return of Rosenbaum. I was crushed when he left Smallville and disapppointed to find out Breaking In was cancelled. I don’t usually like anything Will Ferrell related, but definitely hoping Mission Control is a success.

6. Heather says:

Doing the Happy Dance that Michael Rosenbaum is going to be back on TV! Yay!

7. Pati says:

Save the date sounds so stupid, out of all the ideas for a show that’s what they choose

8. David says:

I love Michelle Trachtenberg and I’m glad she’s finally gotten a pilot. She’s done some great guest star work this season. Although I do wish she was getting a drama pilot of some kind.

9. Alex says:

I’ll watch anything with Michael Rosenbaum in it.

10. Martin says:

The Messengers sounds just like that show from a few years ago, Odyssey 5.

11. Ella says:

Can Michael Rosenbaum PLEASE do a guest spot on Supernatural?! How awesome would that be?

• Dee says:

That would be fantastically awesome!!!!

It’s great that Michael can be seen on tv again. Will totally watch this new program.

12. liz says:

I love Trachtenberg but that show sounds SO unbelievably dumb. Seriously? Like there are other stories we can tell about women that doesn’t involve inane and insulting ‘quest for husband’ tropes. My gawd.

13. Jillian says:

“crisis-stricken central character” – Really? Booking a wedding venue without a husband is NOT a crisis. The whole premise of that show is stupid and insulting. What is this…1980?

14. spindae2 says:

Glad for Michelle and Michael but their shows aren’t appealing at all. The messenger cast isn’t that appealing but the show seems interesting to a sci-fi freak like me.

15. Brooke says:

Maggie and Michelle would normally draw me to a show, but Save the Date’s premise sounds awful. It’s such an implausible premise that it requires viewers to dumb themselves down to accept it. Wouldn’t someone in that situation just cancel the reservation? There is no way any nonrefundable deposit would be SO large that the only option would be to quickly find someone to marry. Other options normal people would consider is finding someone else to take it from her (wedding venues usually have many couples trying to book them on the same dates, surely there’s someone else interested) or throwing a non-wedding party instead. Obviously I’m putting too much thought into this, but it is literally so dumb that I can’t help it.

16. Joey Padron says:

Happy Michael is coming back to TV. He was funny on Breaking In and great on Smallville.

17. DiverKlein says:

Poor Maggie. Her new show sounds even more terrible than her last Baseball nonense. Love here on Psych. Really gonna miss that show