Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Grey's, Teen Wolf, Good Wife, Reign, Nine-Nine, Originals and More

glee Season 5 spoilersGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Although Finn was the love of her life, I don’t want Glee‘s Rachel single forever. But please tell me they’re not going to formally pair her with Sam. –Nathália
Ausiello: You want the good news or the bad news first? Let’s go with good, yes? “We’re really focused on her professionally right now. That’s probably the best thing,” executive producer Brad Falchuk told us at Monday night’s 100th episode party, when we asked if Rachel is ready to move on romantically after Finn’s death. “I think…I don’t know,” he added, pausing to shake his head. “No, no.” But when we pressed Falchuk about the sparks that flew between Lea Michele’s alter ego and Sam (Chord Overstreet) during the show’s Billy Joel-themed episode last November, he conceded that indeed, “There was a hint. I think there’s something nice about those two, but not yet.” (Uh-oh. “Yet” is an awfully loaded word, Nathália!) Ms. Michele, however, who was also on hand to celebrate Glee‘s milestone, wasn’t ready to speculate about her character’s readiness to love again. “I leave that all up to Ryan Murphy,” she deferred. “He’s in charge.”

Question: Do you have any scoop on Glee? Preferably Jayma Mays- or Wemma-related? –Elle
Ausiello:
Take a seat and brace yourself for the mother of all teasers! When we grilled Matthew Morrison about whether Will will eventually relocate to New York — or more specifically, to the Great White Way — at Glee‘s 100th episode celebration, the actor might’ve let the cat baby out of the bag. “[Will is] going to have a family pretty soon, so I can’t see him leaving [them] and following his Broadway dreams — unless he packs up the kid,” Morrison said, before offering us a big smile and the following qualifier: “If he’s having a kid….” Glee Emma PregnantOf course, when you view Morrison’s comments in conjunction with this image of Will painting a room (possibly a nursery) in the March 4 episode called “Trio” (yes, trio) methinks the matter of Wemma’s impending bundle is as clear(blue easy) as day.

Question: Can you give us some news about Glee? –Chriss
Ausiello: If the preceding two tidbits didn’t satisfy the hungry Gleek within, let me offer a third course of scoop (’cause I’m generous like that). Though Sue finally gets her way and disbands New Directions in the 100th episode, it’s “not with the great joy” as you might expect, Jane Lynch previewed. “She is a little sad about it.” Of course, it ain’t over till the blonde A-listers sing. “The kids and Gwyneth Paltrow’s [Holly Holliday] and Kristin Chenoweth’s [April Rhodes] hatch plans to get the glee club back in the auditorium and up and running,” Lynch added. The episode, slated to air next month, marks “the end of an era,” said Matthew Morrison. “[New Directions] came in second place in Nationals, and the deal [Schue had with Sue] was that [McKinley's show choir] had to come in first. We’ll see the end of the glee club,” Morrison previewed. The hour also finds him teaming up with Paltrow and Chenoweth for a big musical number, which he said “was really a blast, especially with Kristin. I just love her energy. We’ve known each other for a long time, so it’s always great to have her on the show.” Ultimately, though, Morrison spoiled that Holly and April’s efforts to save New Directions will fail. But that doesn’t mean somebody else’s campaign won’t work, does it? Does it?

Question: I can’t wait for The Good Wife to return. Do you have any spoilers on the next batch of episodes? —Andres
Ausiello: The first episode back, airing March 9 and hilariously/confoundingly titled “Parallel Construction, Bitches,” brings Mike Colter’s Lemond Bishop back into the fray in a big way. “Bishop brought his illegitimate business over to Florrick Agos, and some of his employees are [suddenly] being arrested,” explains exec producer Robert King. “So there is a worry about [possible] leaks coming out of Florrick Agos that are hurting [him].” The suspects include Clarke (Nathan Lane), Robyn (Jess Weixler) and Cary Without an E (Matt Czuchry). Adds King: “It’s this very complicated picture that starts with a crime case but turns quickly into suspicion that there’s a leak at F.A.” Bonus Scoop: The ep also marks the return of Wallace Shawn as Bishop’s henchman Charles Lester.

Question: Longtime reader, first time scoop-asker. Any news about my favorite Grey’s Anatomy couple, Callie and Arizona? —LaKeeau
Ausiello: The March 13 episode is going to take stock of Arizona in a big way. Explains her portrayer, Jessica Capshaw: “It’s a window into where she’s been and where she wants to go in a clearly intentioned way as opposed to you know, things just happening all over the place between the infidelity and trying to make up for it but then squashing it and sort of sandwiching in another infidelity. [The time] is right for her to have a reckoning.” Arizona’s awakening comes during “a really bad day in her life,” adds Capshaw. “But [whereas] a really bad day in her life used to be all about, ‘I lost a leg and it’s all about the leg,’ this episode is, ironically, about: She lost a leg but she’s actually OK. You can have a normal bad day that’s not all about the leg; it’s just a bad day. She has a new normal.”

Question: What can you tell us about Brooklyn Nine-Nine? —Zoe
Ausiello: The season finale will feature a drunken hookup between two characters you would never imagine (under any circumstances) hooking up.

Question: Please tell me you have some Teen Wolf scoop! —Mary Kate
Ausiello: Do I ever! The show is currently casting the role of Mason, an out-and-proud athlete, described as funny, witty and handsome. He’s also the best friend of Beacon Hills High’s new star lacrosse player, and we’ll meet both guys next season. If this sounds like Danny and Jackson 2.0, it’s probably because it is — but something tells me Mason is going to get a little more involved in the town’s supernatural shenanigans than poor, clueless Danny.

Question: Do you have any Teen Wolf spoilers between Stiles and Lydia? Please and thank you. –Miriam
Ausiello: There’s nothing romantic in Lydia and Stiles’ immediate future, unfortunately, but you will be happy to know that their bond will play a major part in the pack’s rescue efforts. Lydia has a deep connection to Stiles, and that will be crucial when it comes to ridding him of that pesky Japanese spirit. The question is: Can their connection also overcome his feelings for Malia?

Question: Can you tell me, is The Originals‘ Sophie dead dead? Or is there a chance the Deveraux witches will get some justice? —Marko!
Ausiello: Well, Marko, I’ve got some good news and some bad news. Actually, just bad news. Sophie is definitely dead, as tonight’s episode features her consecration ceremony, which will include one extremely uninvited guest. As for justice, some will be served this week — but not by a member of the Deveraux clan.

Question: I am absolutely obsessed with the new show Reign. Any spoilers at all would be amazing. –Michelle
Ausiello: How about this? Torrance Coombs hints to TVLine that Bash might just get cozy with one of Mary’s ladies-in-waiting in a future episode. “There’s a strong possibility of that,” he says, but “maybe not in the way that you think.”

Question: Does the Once Upon a Time premiere (airing March 9) answer the speculation one way or another that Snow White and Robin Hood know each other? –ZsaZsa
Ausiello: Do they know each other? No. Do they know of each other? Partly.

Question: Have you heard anything about how Rizzoli & Isles will handle Lee Thompson Young’s passing and absence from the program? –Karyn
Ausiello: Having immediately acknowledged Young’s tragic passing with an “In Memoriam” card added onto the Aug 20 episode, R&I won’t address Detective Frost’s fate until Season 5 arrives this summer, since Young was with us for much of the coming run of episodes premiering tonight.

Question: Got any scoop on Banshee? I’m addicted to this twisted show. – Ala
Ausiello: According to exec producer Greg Yaitanes, two Easter eggs have been planted — one in last week’s episode and one in this Friday’s — that hint at a storyline in the March 14 finale (and beyond). Any hardcore Fanshees out there think they can crack the mystery?

Question: Now that we know NCIS will address the loss of Ralph Waite’s character, what’s the latest on Bones‘ plans to honor the late actor? —Jaime
Ausiello: As I hinted at in last week’s AA, there will be a tribute card at the end of the March 10 episode — the show’s first original outing since Waite’s passing. As far as it being addressed on-screen, I’m told the episodes for the remainder of the season have been broken, so any memorial to Hank will have to wait until Season 10.

Cam and ArastooQuestion: Do you have anything juicy on the final stretch of this Bones season? —Rachel
Ausiello: Cam’s gonna meet the parents! The show is casting Arastoo’s very traditional, possibly judgmental mother and father, who are very eager to meet their prospective future daughter-in-law.

Question: Any info on the upcoming second seasons of the summer soaps Devious Maids or Mistresses? –Dylan
Ausiello: Tuesday is the maid’s day off at AA, so you’re going to have to be content with some Mistresses intel — and it involves the (relatively) straight-laced April (Rochelle Aytes) getting caught up in drama both juvenile (via her daughter Lucy’s heinous new classmate) and adult (brace for some half-nekkid gentlemen!). To be more specific, the show is casting the recurring role of 11-year-old Peyton, described as “a mini-Kardashian” (which is another way of calling her “a condescending, entitled, eye-rolling rich-bitch-in-training who thinks that every word that comes from April’s mouth is absurd, stupid, immature or just plain hopeless”). Knowing how April shut down her presumed-dead ex-hubby and his skeezer girlfriend last year, let’s hope she gets to unleash her delightful verbal venom on the little hellion, yes?

Question: Any Mindy Project scoop? —Vanesa
Ausiello: The season finale is titled “Danny and Mindy” for exactly the reasons you might suspect.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman, Kim Roots, Andy Swift and Michael Slezak)

1. Dot says:

Re NCIS. I just read yesterday that NCIS IS going to do a special tribute to Ralph Waite on the last episode of the season. As I understood it, it sounds as if it is going to be more than just a mention of his character’s passing but more like a part of the storyline.

2. KenL says:

Bones needs to address Booth’s grandfather’s passing!! Ralph Waite was only in a handful of episodes, but the character’s connection to Booth was huge!! It should be a big deal in the character’s life!!

3. Jamie says:

Glee hits series low AGAIN! This show should just be put out of it’s misery. If the ratings are this low now what will they be when people realize Santana was written out to make way for Blam? Looks like they didn’t even score a 1.0 last night.

• JJ says:

If they really do write out Santana just to move over Sam and then try to do Samchel, they will be lucky to have a mil viewers left. Naya stans are already saying they won’t keep watching as are Finchel fans and even some Lea fans that hate Samchel. They are even saying Amber will only be a few episodes so there go her fans. Looks like the only fans left will be Klaine and Blam fans.

• LOL says:

Naya stans HATE Sam/Chord just as much if not more then Finchel fans do! He crapped all over the Britana fandom last year baiting them with Bram. Last night he was baiting Finchel fans tweeting Blamchel pictures. Dudes is the biggest idiot around, so many fans pissed Blam will be taking over NY and he goes and Tweets Blamchel pissing off the Finchel and PezHummelBerry fandom! Everyone was like NO Chord stay the hell away from Rachel and don’t taint her with Blam

• Angela says:

Somebody tweeting pictures of themselves and their castmates is “baiting” now? Seriously?
          See, people, THIS is why shippers get mocked. It’s a few pictures. Chill out.

• roar says:

So Chord did what??? Have fun??? He got death threatens all over again from your cute and lovely fandom. He pissed you off later. First you insulted him. And the only thing he did was uploading pictures with his friend Heather. Get over yourself Heather is straight and has a boyfriend and a child. Chord was only his fictional boyfriend. I think all this people is miserable. You see one guy being mistreated and you go all after him. And the fact that you are making him strongest and he didn’t became a victim is what pissed you off!

• yeah says:

Do yo know that there’s actually people who like him. Who like Blam? Who liked Blam. He is with is friends and being happy and you are not going to ruin that for him. Also, he has his fans and he want us to be happy. Do you remember he posted pics with everyone when filming 100th episode? who was baiting him that time? Grow up

• Daley says:

It didn’t hit a series low in 18-49 ratings, it was a low in viewers. But, whatever.

4. SLS says:

I like Cam and Arastoo together, but I absolutely hated the episode in the fall where he essentially bullies her into not pressing more charges against her former friend/ identity-thief. It just felt incredibly sexist and misogynistic – as if Cam, a well-established doctor and scientist, could not and should not make up her own mind about how to react to having her identity stolen by a former friend.

5. Lois says:

Do not like Cam and Aristoo…..hope they move away if they marry. It’s bad enough he’s sleeping with the boss, how will he remain an intern if he’s married to the boss?
    End it please!!!

6. Kathie Menker says:

Thanks for the head- up on answering my question about Lee Thompson Young’s continued appearance on R&I. I feel sad when he’s on the screen.
    I also feel sad when I see re-runs of NCIS and Bones with Ralph Waite.
    Cam’s meeting the parents will be interesting on Bones, but am I the only one who thinks Cam is way too old for Aristoo? Cam as a cougar? Disturbing, lol.

7. I don’t think I’ve EVER seen a group hook up as much w/ each other as GLEE.

8. B says:

Sigh. I miss the few weeks we had where the the spoilers were Glee-free. Then I didn’t have to scroll through countless comments about that insipid show to discussion on the other shows!

• Nicole says:

Right? I basically scrolled through the whole thing. The only show I care about on here is Once and B99, and the scoop for Once was lacking. As for B99, I think it would be funny for Jake and Rosa to hook up. I think it would cause friction between Jake and Boyle.

• Dot says:

I 200% agree with you!!!

9. pinga says:

Too much Glee. I don’t watch any of these shows. :(

10. Jennifer says:

Just so you know, we are currently in Season 11 of NCIS.

11. Joe says:

Sam has been writing very poorly. But from my actor/director knowledge I need to say one thing. I think Chord Overstreet he is the best actor of the cast
    in my professional opinion. I really see potential in him. He was the greatest in this gunshot episode. He was also great in the episode when he has body problems. Never seen in glee an actor with that skills.

I think that is really inmature people who can’t see his potential. Maybe you don’t see him as the best, but he is definitely one of the best.
    I don’t know that much about music, but a think he has very decent vocals too.

So if anyone is going to debate my opinion please use real facts. I mean no just “No he is an awful actor”.
    Cause I see him a great control over voice and body in acting. He is natural, never forced. He has crearly the comic thing. And prooved his strong in drama too. They always put on his “listening shots” while the others are talking, and that’s very important in acting. And they put them because he is really good.

Glee has always given most scenes to the best actors like Lea, Cory, Chris, Naya, Darren, Chord and even this new guy Blake who wasn’t a good singer but a very promising actor like Overstreet.

On the other side you can see people like Amber or Kevin that are great vocalist but don’t have many scenes because they aren’t as good as actors.

So don’t you think producers and directors know more than you about the business?

• Mia says:

Couldn’t agree more. Chord is doing the best he can with the character he was given. The creators of the show need to get back to writing. Originally RIB wrote season 1 and 2. Season 2 Sam was the BEST Sam there has been. He was full of depth and had so much potential. Then, one bad writer got him. They have to continue with his personality because of that bad writer.
      Don’t hate on Chord for doing his job. he’s doing a damn good job with what he’s gotten.

• yeah says:

Thak you for your post! couldn’t agree more! People is getting inmature about him. He is a really good actor. They have chose that now he is his target and they are trying to break this poor guy down.

He’s actually a great guy! Very sweet. Everyone in glee set loves him and talk really good things about him. Not like the inmature fans that don’t even know him.

It’s very unfair! He suffered from Cory’s dead too! They were very close. And he has done nothing but honor him. But people try to compensate Cory’s loss by trying to make Chord seem like a bad guy. They are misunderstanding every word his saying to use it against him.

And you know what they don’t want him to be pair with Rachel because there is people who might actually like it. And because Chord is as least as good as Cory was. And there’s many people out there that know that. It would be easy for them to have another new actor and bash on him.

They are afraid that people might like more Chord/Sam than Cory/Finn. You know what?? There’s already people out there that do that. We don’t need him to be paired with Rachel. And it’s nothing bad in there. Everyone has his own opinion and you should respect it.

You feel threatened because you know Chord is actually good and lovely. That’s where hate comes :)

12. Sarah says:

Wow! Glee fans are so inmature. I mean this Cory guy died. Can her girlfriend’s character move on? I don’t know, but it seems to unfair for this Chord guy what you are saying.
    I actually remember liking his character Sam when I watched glee. I mean I think he can really act and had a very sweet voice.

So, I feel bad for him. I think that maybe it’s true that they are afraid he is gonna be actually good. But come on, nobody is gonna compare him with Cory because he is gone. Could you do the same? And respect a person and an actor doing his work?

13. Actually, Lee Thompson Young committed suicide shortly before they were due to start filming the final episode of Season 4 and rumour has it Janet Tamaro has left Frost’s impending departure up to the new show-runner. Frost will be absent from the finale of S4, he did not film a single scene for the finale. This has been common knowledge since his death, so not entirely sure how someone giving out spoilers to shows could have not known this…

14. Katiebug says:

Wow – 170 comments and 95% are about Glee! Now we now what people are passionate about!