Exclusive

Exclusive Scandal Sneak Peek: Will James Snitch on Cyrus' Role in the Murder Cover-Up?

ABC’s Scandal resumes brewing this Thursday at 10/9c, after 11 weeks off the air, and TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek at one high-stakes showdown.

PHOTOS | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza! Your Scoop-Filled Guide to Scandal and 30 Other Returning Favorites

When last we tuned in, Cyrus had helped Sally Langston cover up her murder of husband Daniel, thinking that it would afford the Oval Office alllll the leverage they needed to keep the veep from going rogue and challenging Fitz in the next election. Besides, the Chief of Staff had enlisted Charlie to do a damn fine clean-up job.

But one thing Cy didn’t think to fret about was the call Sally made to him in the wake of her — I’m sorry, the devil’s — deed. Intercepted by the NSA and brought to U.S. Attorney David Rosen’s attention, the cryptic recording threatens to bring down the vice president as well as those who abetted her.

RELATED | Scandal Exclusive: Dylan Minnette, Other Lost Alum Cast as Fitz and Mellie’s Kids

Previously, James  was more than happy to put a bug in David’s ear that Daniel Douglas was dispatched with. But now, having come to accept the “666″ on his hubby’s forehead (as well as a cushy White House press secretary gig)….? Press play to see his reaction to Rosen’s appeal to get the goods.

Loading video...

1. herman1959 says:

Oooh, so sorry David. You’re a day late and a dollar short — AGAIN! Hey gang, these next 8 weeks are going to be great; let’s discuss.

• Philipp says:

Let’s! I’m super freaking excited for more Scandal! I just got into it in like October, so I binged on the first two and a half seasons and the wait has been far too long! I recently re-watched season 3A and I must say, it’s much better the second time even!

What does everybody think is gonna happen in these 8 episodes? I’m pretty sure Mellie will somehow manage to get Liv on board for Fitz’s re-election campaign, but I doubt that there will be actual hell to pay for Cyrus.

• robin barksdale says:

Yes I agree totally with Philipp! I feel like we.. came late, binged watched, the same thing are TWINS! I did exactly ten rewatched season 3 in the interim…

• robin barksdale says:

SORRY got too excited.. keys took off.
          I agree totally with Phillipp… I came late, binge watched 1 & 2, then re-watched #3 and saw things I completely missed the first time… We are TWINS Phillipp!!!

2. stevie says:

i am sorry, i love tony goldwyn and all.
    but this show has jumped the shonda.

• Katrina says:

I love “jumped the Shonda!” Shonda starts swimming with the sharks and only Shonda can outcrazy Shonda.

That said, I don’t think Shonda has “jumped the Shonda” quite yet. She’s playing close to the line and has even briefly stepped over it. But she usually reigns her crazy in after a moment of madness.

• MiaB says:

I agree that Shonda CAN rein it back in. I just hope that she DOES rein it back in, because the last three episodes have been less thrilling and more nutty. I miss my old Scandal.

3. herman1959 says:

Hey Philipp and Stevie, I actually agree with both of you. The show did kind of get into an Olivia/Fitz/Jake/B316 rut in the first half of the season, but I think we’re out and back on the road now. I was as disappointed as any one else about 22 episodes being cut to 18 due to KW’s pregnancy, but it turns out to be a great opportunity to flesh out the other characters (finally Harrison’s backstory). I think the cut will energize the series.

Secondly, we finally get to see the kids – I know some people are not thrilled about this, and I felt the same way of first. But, those kids have been mentioned so much that it is just weird that we have never seen them. Plus, the pressure will be on them to “behave” for the media during the election, but per tvline’s spoilers, there might be a problem! I’m looking forward to it. This said, maybe we will get some real character development as opposed to just last 5 minute shockers.

Lastly, advice to the new gladiators: it helps to watch ALL of the episodes twice!

• herman1959 says:

Oops, I meant to write ” I felt the same way at first”.

• the girl says:

I was totally looking forward to the kids being like Maris from Fraser and never, ever seeing them. But since that’s not happening, I have made peace with it. I love Shonda Rhimes as much as someone could love the creator of her three favorite TV shows even though they have never met in person, and I totally trust her and if she is jumping the Shonda, I am on board.

• Overthinking says:

Yeah I was hoping to never see the kids also. But I think they will add to the WH drama/scandals especially since they are teenagers. The writers have a golden opportunity of ‘raging hormones act now think later’ teenage mentality to work with.

• Cheyenne says:

I don’t care about seeing the kids at all. But you’re correct about watching the episodes at least twice. I’m always amazed at how much I missed the first time.

4. Brittney says:

Ohh I really want to see James working from the inside to bring down Cyrus and Langston! I think that would more fun to watch than James always doing what Cyrus tells him.
    Can’t wait for more Scandal!

• herman1959 says:

That would be something, although I don’t really see James going through with it now that he has the Press Sec. job. He would have too much to lose because if Cyrus goes down James’s job is going down with him. Remember, David said the only evidence he has is the tape and it’s not admissible. No one directly involved is going to say anything, but this could be a way for Rowan to get back at Jake and the WH – meaning he could dig around to find some evidence. We know he won’t accept being replaced at C316.

5. Overthinking says:

Ugh!! Looks like we going to have no case of the week just an overdose of the WH – not good. I hope at least we get a taste of Harrison’s backstory if we are not going back to the case of the week format.

• Cheyenne says:

Shonda said the rest of this season is going to be mostly about the re-election campaign, which will probably be extremely nasty.

• herman1959 says:

True! Maybe the rest of the season could also be used to get rid of some of the less interesting characters (Quinn, Sally, etc.), or am I the only one who hopes so?

• Anthony Rock says:

sally is a fun character. They should use her more often. Quinn was annoying, but now that she has Charlie – the two together I find quite entertaining. Charlie is nuts! He too is under used. I would like to see more of Charlie and Sally and less of Mellie and Cyrus.

• Anthony Rock says:

I hope Liv does not return to working on the campaign. She needs to steer clear of that train wreck.

6. Anthony Rock says:

Scandal is becoming a joke. I’m reaching my limit with it. I do not want to see any kids. There are enough shows with kids in them. What possible value can kids add to this show but teenage angst? Been there done that have the boxers! I have no patience for such soap operaish nonsense.

• cincymom says:

But the kids will add a new level….what if the first child is actually Fitz sibling since Millie was raped???

• herman1959 says:

Yes, and it’s only one episode – relax Anthony Rock.

• ARock says:

The character of the president’s wife was only supposed to be a bit part. Now we have her front and center.

It seems to me that Shonda is reading what the wrong people are saying and pandering to their nonsense.

If the children are only to be in the show for one episode then there’s no point to them being there. What possible point could there be to this then? One episode means the issue for them to be there is not of enough import to have an Arc created around them. So there’s no point to them being there.

I suspect however, that Shonda is testing the waters and will have them longer if some people write about it. If this happens I strongly feel that this will be the straw that breaks this camel and I will check out.

• ARock says:

My point exactly – Soap Opera! What’s next? Perhaps Harrison is Liv’s long lost brother???