Samuel Anderson (The History Boys, Gavin & Stacey) will recur on the new season of Doctor Who as Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where companion Clara Oswald (played by Jenna Coleman) also works.
“For the fourth time in Doctor Who history, Coal Hill School is coming to the aid of the TARDIS,” previewed exec producer Steven Moffat in a statement. “In 1963, teachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright accompanied the first Doctor. These days, it’s the turn of Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald. And very soon now, Sam Anderson as Danny Pink will be entering the world of the Doctor. But how and why? Answers are coming.”
Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
• Showtime’s Ray Donovan continues to bulk up for Season 2, tapping Oscar nominee Ann-Margret (Tommy, Third Watch, The 10th Kingdom) for a recurring role as June Wilson, a former film star who has a past with Ray’s boss Ezra Goldman (Elliott Gould).
RELATED | Ray Donovan Season 2 Casts Kip Pardue
• Tamron Hall has been made a regular co-host of Today‘s third hour, reports Deadline. She joins Al Roker, Natalie Morales and Willie Geist.
• Dancing With the Stars will reveal its new cast live on Good Morning America on March 4.
• Don’t feel like schlepping to your local multiplex to catch the Veronica Mars movie? You’re in luck — the film will be available to rent or buy via digital retailers and on-demand simultaneously with its theatrical release on March 14.
• Fox is teaming with Jerry Bruckheimer Television for the drama Home, with an eye towards a series order. The project is a family thriller/soap that delves into the secrets lingering behind the facade of a suburban family.Follow @VladaGelman