Bates Motel Is Getting a Live After Show

Bates Motel- After HoursA&E is the latest network to join the After Show craze, announcing a live half-hour post mortem-y companion series to Bates Motel.

Bates Motel: After Hours will debut Monday, March 3 at 11/10c immediately following the series premiere of Those Who Kill, and one hour after Bates‘ Season 2 premiere.

VIDEO | Bates Motel Exclusive: Haunting Season 2 Promos Point to Fresh Blood

The debut installment will feature series stars Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore and Max Thieriot as well as executive producers Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.

VIDEO | Bates Motel‘s Vera Farmiga Previews Michael Vartan’s Arrival, Hints at Possible Non-Psycho Endgame

Thoughts? Which current show would you like to see get the After Show treatment?

1. wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I barely have time to get the show watched so these “after” shows get passed by us. With exception to Talking Dead, that one we will find time for :-)

2. Zorkel says:

Really? I like the show a lot, but this just feels unnecessary.

3. Pat says:

Pointless waste of time

4. Is Chris Hardwick hosting?

5. Rich says:

If Chris Hardwick isn’t hosting, I’m not interested.

6. Allen says:

This show is way too slow paced for an after show.

7. Steven says:

These shows really aren’t necessary. Even The Talking Dead is getting dull. And Wolf Watch has run out of things to do because they seem to be just as confused as the viewers are in regards to the plot lines. The only one of these after shows that was helpful was Breaking Bad’s because I felt the need to talk it out after how stressful that show was.

• wrstlgirl says:

Wolf Watch is terrible. I tried it twice because it was only 30 minutes and it was a total waste of time :-) The show itself is like wtf ?????

8. David says:

Wait, season 2 hasn’t started yet? Great, I can get season 1 (recently added to Netflix) in before March 3rd. This is one i was just going to wait and watch when the series was over but I think I’ll start now.

• Angela says:

A&E’s also supposed to be having a marathon of the first season on Sunday or Monday, I believe. Hope you like the show!

9. Joey Padron says:

Seems like a good idea. I’ll check it out get more in depth about new season from cast and producers of show.

10. Bill says:

I don’t understand the point of these after shows. Do people not pay attention to the show and need a recap right after? Talking Dead is funny but they over analyze everything. Never understood why an hour show needed an hour recap, at least this is only half hr. I don’t watch Wolf Watch, but enjoy Teen Wolf.

11. Et al says:

This is a better use of 30 minutes than the white trash garbage A&E usually airs these days.

12. t.tavcar says:

Who is that idiotic bimbo hosting this show? What stupid vapid questions and comments and inane giggles after each of the guests answers. And speaking of the guest – the actors really need to dig a little deeper for some intelligent replies. Max and Vera seem totally clueless about their craft. A real disappointment…

13. Jeff Earle says:

The host is a very dry. This will not do very good unless they replace her. Sorry

14. George says:

Could have at least given it a few more weeks. Could have given it a chance.

15. Kayla says:

Was wondering if the first host of the after show was replaced b/c she was so irritating with her constant laughing & stupid questions? Is that why the “new” host for the season finale? I liked him in aren’t 911, so I’ll give it a chance. But if that giggling starstruck first host ever comes back, I’ll turn it off. Even though I like looking at Ajax Theriot

16. Kayla says:

Was wondering if the first host of the after show was replaced b/c she was so irritating with her constant laughing & stupid questions? Is that why the “new” host for the season finale? I liked him in Reno 911, so I’ll give it a chance. But if that giggling starstruck first host ever comes back, I’ll turn it off. Even though I like looking at Max Theriot I hate autocorrect!