Veronica Mars Movie Scoop: Love Lives, Jobs and Offspring Exposed! Plus: A 'Mature' Logan?

Get More: Previews, Scoop

A long time ago, we used to be friends with Veronica Mars, but a lot has changed since then — like the titular heroine’s profession, Mac’s hair and maybe even Logan’s personality.

VIDEO | Watch the Veronica Mars Movie Trailer!

It’s been seven years since we last hung out with our favorite teenage P.I., and when the drama’s big-screen adaptation hits theaters on March 14, 10 years will have passed for the characters. So, who’s working where now? Who has kids? And has Logan shed any of his Obligatory Psychotic Jackass tendencies?

TVLine visited the set of the Veronica Mars movie last June and got the scoop from creator Rob Thomas and the stars on how life has treated Neptune’s beloved residents.

RELATEDVeronica Mars Spin-Off Update: Find Out Which Character Will Anchor The CW’s Web Offshoot

Flip through the photo gallery below as we answer the question: Where are they now? Then hit the comments to tell us if Thomas’ film matches what you envisioned for the gang.

Comments (26)

• I <3 Chris Lowell.

He's so freaking adorable.

Comment by Sasha – February 21, 2014 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too… But also Logan > Piz. I’m happy though both are back for the movie.

Comment by EJ386 – February 21, 2014 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • let’s just hope that it won’t last!!

Comment by Hally – February 21, 2014 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would have been interesting to have seen a fourth season with Vinnie as sheriff. I wonder what led to Dan Lamb becoming the current sheriff.

Comment by alistaircrane – February 21, 2014 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • March 14 please come fast

Comment by Linds (@Lwass007) – February 21, 2014 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Weevil! My love for him is vast, so I’m glad he is doing well in life. VM season 3 was so lacking in the Weevil department, although I think I recall Francis Capra was dealing with a knee injury and surgery at the time.

Comment by Brooke – February 21, 2014 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Weevil! Can’t wait to see this.

Comment by Lena – February 21, 2014 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really love Capra’s enthusiasm for the show and for Weevil. Plus, Francis and Jason Dohring seem to have an adorable friendship.

Comment by Julie – February 21, 2014 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CAN NOT wait any longer.

Comment by Hally – February 21, 2014 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy to read Weevil’s doing well, both in professional life as well as his lovelife. His fate was very much up in the air when the show was cancelled, so this is good news.
    Chris Lowell it’s awesome, and I’m one of those people who really loved Piz. Just didn’t think he was the right man for Veronica, so let’s see what happens there.
    Mac… oh she’s still one of the best things to have happened to this show, and I’m glad they’ve kept her around. Aaaannd I might still hope that she and Dick will get together by the time the credits roll in. Rooted for those two in the 3rd season.
    Gaaaah I’m so excited!!!

Comment by Dominique – February 21, 2014 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guessed Mac would be rich! She’s probably the CEO of some awesome start-up. I also always kinda wanted Mac and Dick to get together. I know he’s an ass, and obviously not good enough for her … but still. It’s one of those opposites attract things where you can maybe see it happening at some point.

I’m really interested to know who Weevil married. Maybe it’s someone we know already? OMG, I can’t wait for this movie!!!

Comment by gdv – February 21, 2014 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Three more weeks! Can’t wait.

Comment by Lecholls – February 21, 2014 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ITS ALMOST HERE!!!!

Comment by Liz – February 21, 2014 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!! So excited for this freaking movie! Just one thing, I as an undying LoVe fan forever and always wish that Veronica and Logan were together, but that said I do like Piz too! Damn you Rob for doing the impossible and creating the most loveable love triangle! HAHAHA

Comment by Tina B. – February 21, 2014 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “[S]he says it destroyed friendships and ended relationships.”

Yet still with Piz?!?!

Comment by David4 – February 21, 2014 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It destroyed her relationship with Logan and her dad. Logan wanted her to either not put herself in harm’s way all the time but he knew she would do what she wanted anyway, so he wanted to be able to protect her while she is risking her life, and she felt like it was “her job” so it destroyed them. Piz is a bit more of a wuss, and let’s Veronica do what every she wants so he can keep her happy. Veronica was best when Veronica and Logan were working together on mysteries.

Comment by Tina B. – February 21, 2014 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Weevil is married to someone we already know from the show. Hoping it is Gia and that why she is back for the movie

Comment by ggny – February 21, 2014 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still can’t help but wonder if Duncan will get any acknowledgement.

Comment by Tom Charles – February 21, 2014 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. He and his sister were the whole premise for the first (and best) season, so… Will they continue to pretend he never existed?

Comment by Amie – February 21, 2014 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Duncan? Leo? I hope we get to see them.

Comment by JenB – February 21, 2014 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Duncan, but Leo will be in it.

Comment by Lindsey – February 21, 2014 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much I’m looking forward to seeing LoVe be “epic” again, the thing I’m really jonesing for is to see Veronica and Wallace together again. I consider their friendship to be one of my all time favorites in television.

Comment by Marceline (@MsMarceline) – February 21, 2014 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At the end of the movie, when Veronica has solved Logan’s case and chosen him over Piz, I’m kinda feeling the return of Duncan will happen last minute and he’ll be like: “Oh, jeez, Veronica! I need your help because something very twisty and in-need-of-my-ex-girlfriend’s-PI-knowledge-y has happened to me!”

And then in the second movie Veronica will once again be torn between Duncan and Logan, but will naturally stay with Logan because it’s for absolutely real this time.

Comment by Lily – February 21, 2014 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Wallace didn’t become an engineer? Didn’t he want to be an engineer? That bit surprised me…..basketball coach and teacher. Happy about Mac and Weevil……especially Weevil…..I really wanted things to work out well for him.

Comment by Alichat – February 21, 2014 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Duncan needs to make an appearance, he was such a big part of the show early on…..
    Also any updates on international distribution yet?

Comment by Kylie – February 24, 2014 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post