Is This Bachelor a Bit Serial Killer-y? Did Liars Cheat? Is Castle Song Wrong? And More TV Qs!

Tessa Virtue Scott Moir Meryl Davis Charlie WhiteWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including House of Cards, Downton Abbey, Girls and Criminal Minds!

But first, some Olympics-related musings:

1 | If we never ever again hear about Bob Costas’ infecty eyes, will it still be too soon?

2 | Don’t you kinda hope Lifetime is developing a movie-of-the-week inspired by the rivalry between Canadian ice dance team Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and their American nemeses Meryl Davis and Charlie White?

RELATED | Olympics Watch: What Was Your Favorite Moment From Sochi 2014, Day 13?

3 | Could NBC’s Christin Cooper — the reporter who broke down Olympian Bode Miller with incessant talk of his dead brother — learn something from watching Inside the Actors Studio host James Lipton invite Amy Adams to discuss, and then step away from the topic of, Phillip Seymour Hoffman?

Back to our regularly scheduled programming…

Hoc4 | SPOILER ALERT: In House of Cards‘ second episode, wasn’t it odd that no one — Lucas especially — thought to rewind the surveillance video to see what Zoe was doing before tragedy struck? The footage clearly would’ve shown her not only having a conversation with (an albeit hidden) someone, but then chasing after that person seconds before you-know-what!

5 | Even though we kinda knew it was coming, wasn’t it still thrilling as s— to see The Walking Dead’s Carol show up just in time to stop Lizzie from smothering Judith? save Lizzie and Mika from a walker? But when will TV writers/directors learn that nobody wants to hear a baby crying for minutes on end, no matter the dramatic purpose? Just give us an on-screen caption: “Baby cries.”

6 | Given Shosh’s tenuous connection to the group on Girls — she’s the only college student in the bunch, after all — should we expect her to stop girls-beach-house-season-3-hbohanging with Hannah & Co. altogether after dropping brutally drunken truths during “Beach House”? Or should Lena Dunham actually utilize Zosia Mamet’s character as a “Greek chorus” of sorts, popping up to serve intermittent meta take-downs like, “Seriously, I have never met anyone else who thinks their own life is so f–king fascinating. I wanted to fall asleep in my own vomit all day listening to you talk about how you bruise more easily than other people.”? And finally, was Dunhma’s teeny green bikini wickedly bold or just aggressively distracting?

RELATED | Downton Abbey Adds Doctor Who Alum in Season 5

7 | How awesome was it that Downton Abbey blueblood Mary’s primary objection to Rose’s engagement wasn’t that Jack is black but that she only wanted to marry him to scandalize her mother?

8 | Who wins the prison battle: Orange Is the New Black or Shameless?

9 | TVLine reader M.E. asks of this week’s Castle: “I know the song was used in ‘Always’ and has significance for fans, but would you want to see Rick and Kate dancing at the wedding to these ‘In My Veins’ lyrics?”

10 | On Almost Human, did Kennex and Stahl’s goth-esque undercover costumes make you long for the time Alias‘ Syd and Vaughn went incognito at the German S&M club?

11 | How on Earth did The Following‘s Ryan make it from Manhattan to Stratford, Conn., by car on a weeknight — on the highly congested I-95, we must assume — almost as quickly as Gisele’s MetroNorth train did?

The Bachelor12 | Doesn’t The Bachelor‘s Juan Pablo look and sound just slightly serial killer-y whenever he’s repeatedly whispering “look at me” and wiping away one of his harem members’ tears (which kinda seems to happen a lot this season)?

13 | Anyone else feeling Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon “rivalry” fatigue? Has Kimmel heard of the phrase, “Going to the well too often”?

14 | Once again, we “get” corporate synergy (ugh!), but could Jimmy Fallon’s first couple of Tonight Shows have maybe dialed down the Olympics hullabaloo by about, oh, 75 percent? It was hard to tell where the games ended and the talk show began. And who appreciated the moment where Fallon invited Jerry Seinfeld “to the couch” after his stand-up bit — akin to how Johnny Carson famously first did with Seinfeld more than 30 years ago?

RELATED | Spoilers for S.H.I.E.L.D., Scandal, Parenthood, H50, Once, Castle, Banshee & More!

Switched at Birth15 | Are you Switched at Birth diehard Bay/Emmett ‘shippers coming around to Bay and the super sweet Tank?

16 | For The Fosters fans, did you think just for a second that it was Jude’s friend Connor who was leaving the birthday treats for him?

17 | Did anything on TV this week telegraph “doing your own thing” more than Elaine Stritch’s unabashed F-bomb drop on Tuesday’s Today show — which East Coast viewers saw without a bleep?

18 | Were you relieved to learn that Ezra isn’t “A” on Pretty Little Liars, or do you feel cheated for having been misled all season?

19 | How does Criminal Minds manage to creep us out for 52 minutes with a severely twisted pair of horndogs-of-a-certain age, and then cap the episode with an adorable double-date for Morgan and Garcia? And Derek and Savannah are pretty damn flawless, aren’t they?

20Qs-PattysDiner20 | Kinda random, huh, that a Patty’s Diner figured into both Criminal Minds and CSI this Thursday?

21 | If Nigel Lythgoe were still exec-producing American Idol, what odds would you place on both Spencer Lloyd and Marrialle Sellars scoring Season 13 Wild Cards? Speaking of which, did it take you a few seconds to process that J.Lo was bequeathing hers to C.J. Harris and not the teen heartthrob who elicited screams of delight from all the sorority girls in the audience?

22 | Whether or not you dug Cee Lo’s wacky outfits and commentary, won’t The Voice be a more competitive place if NBC hires a replacement who has a better grasp on how to get the best out of his/her contestants? And while we’re on the subject, shouldn’t that replacement be the one and only Cher?

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s Starring In Them

23 | No, really — ABC is developing an alien-invasion drama pilot with the title The Visitors? As in V, which stood for Visitors? (And barely lasted one two seasons?) Has our history with TV extraterrestrials taught us nothing?

24 | Anybody else exhibiting symptoms of The Good Wife withdrawal?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. Luis says:

I am practically writhing on the floor with “Good Wife” withdrawal. No “OUAT” is not making things any easier!

2. Matthew Weber says:

I’m not suffering from the Good Wife withdrawal, but I am with TBBT and HIMYM. ready for them to come back.

3. DavidSask says:

The House of Cards was bang on, the show failed on so many levels by not having more reveal and the story line would have been more fascinating than others we got as well!

4. jenferner8 says:

Good Wife withdrawal? Hell, no! Can’t even stand the show.

5. dude says:

18. That’s assuming that you believe Ezra. His “I was writing a book” explanation doesn’t explain why he has an entire computer network set up tracking all the girls movements and photographing their every breath.
    23. V lasted two seasons. Kind of sad that I did a better job fact checking in 30 seconds than this site did.

6. dude says:

2. Wouldn’t the movie be kind of boring seeing as Tessa & Scott/Meryl & Charlie are friends?

• Beth says:

I think they are coming from the idea that the Canadians are mad at their shared coach. Lets face it, lifetime could make a two hour movie out of just about anything.

7. Rich Abey says:

#9. The song was played at a pivotal moment in Caskett’s lives. A moment that led to their union. A moment that is the cornerstone of the marriage in which the song is to be used. So yes the lyrics of the song “In my veins” are more than appropriate to dance to at their wedding.

#13. Not feeling any fatigue here in the Kimmel/Damon rivalry department. They space it well..at least a gap of 2 years between their episodes. And they keep it remarkably fresh. Humiliating Matt in front of his cast mates is a new Kimmel low. Besides I’m all for anything that shows clips of a amazingly toned/muscled Matt surfacing from a pool & making out with Michael Douglas (viva Behind the Candelabra!).

8. SB says:

I dont watch Pretty Little Liars anymore because I became tired of the never ending hunt for the “real” A. So it is pretty funny to hear that yet another A isn’t really A at all!

9. Beth says:

I’ve gotten to the point where I only watch the Olympic prime time for possible teasers of chicago fire and chicago PD.

10. John says:

Never thought I’d say this, but thanks to Kimmel I’m now sick of seeing & hearing Matt Damon. Thanks a lot Kimmel. Grr!

11. Jillian says:

18. Jenna has been A all along. Even after they “revealed” Ezra is A, I still was adament about Jenna being A. She has the most motive and it would make sense as to why Shauna was hanging around her yet she is Allison’s trusted informant. One of the first episodes of the series showed Jenna talk-to-texting on her phone right as the girls got an A text. My guess is that she recruited Mona to be A for a little bit while she was having all those eye surgeries and what not.

12. Kreskin says:

9. The choice of “In My Veins” was obvious pandering to the fan base after a weak episode. It’s become a bad pattern – use a Caskett moment or two, preferably at the end, to put a buff shoeshine on a $10 pair of shoes.
    But if they’re going to pander to us fans, they should have chosen “Stop and Stare” from the premiere, playing as Beckett walked away after saying “you have no idea” to Rick’s “it could’ve been great.” Lyrics much more appropriate (http://goo.gl/alK342) to where both of the characters were, and their separate need to change their lives. Plus, that’s where their relationship really began.

• Jackie says:

I’m not sure how these lyrics are any more appropriate for their wedding??? I love the song and think of them whenever I hear it but it doesn’t seem like a better choice to me.

Stop and stare
      I think I’m moving but I go nowhere
      Yeah I know that everyone gets scared
      But I’ve become what I can’t be, oh
      Stop and stare
      You start to wonder why you’re here not there
      And you’d give anything to get what’s fair
      But fair ain’t what you really need
      Oh, you don’t need

• missteff says:

“Stop and stare” makes me think of them when I hear it and I like the song “in my veins” as for a dance wedding song-I don’t know. They never really said that that was “their” song-just that they liked it, so do we really know? anyway to me “in my veins” (as a fan) was both sad moment and happy one….so I think that it fits in that episode. some of this seasons episodes have been up and down for me, can’t wait to see what other surprises will happen…..I like the “last minute” of each episodes, that’s what makes, to me anyway, “castle” stand out from other shows….it’s like a soap opera -you have to wait till next time to get the whole picture- That’s why I love the show so much.

13. Mare says:

Loved Carol returning to save the baby from crazy Lizzie! I still think that theory someone here had about Lizzie killing the sick people and Carol just covering for her, might be true. There’s something very wrong with that kid.

14. DJ says:

16 – no, because Jude hadn’t mentioned his birthday to anyone yet, but that would have been a pretty precious plotline, huh?

• Still A Fan says:

I always thought it was Callie but I never figured she would have told the others. That part was sweet. I did miss Jesus in that episode. I wonder why he was MIA the whole time.

15. KevyB says:

Every time I think about The Good Wife, I just remind myself that I’m also not seeing Damian, Marilyn and that HORRIBLE lesbian cop character who shall never be named until she leaves this show forever!

16. TinLV says:

Cher is an excellent suggestion to replace Cee-Lo on The Voice, but they also could try to entice Shakira and Christina to both be on the show at the same time. There really should be 2 female judges..of course, Adam and Blake are here to stay.. which is a shame cause I really like Usher as judge and wish he were on all the time.

17. Heya i am for the primary time here. I came acrokss his
    board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to give one thing aain and help others like you helped me.