DWTS Drops Cohost Brooke Burke-Charvet — Who Then Comments On Her 'Shocking' Axing

DWTS Fires Brooke Burke CharvetThe music has stopped for Dancing With the Stars cohost Brooke Burke-Charvet.

As reported by E! Online, Burke-Charvet got word on Friday afternoon that her services would not be needed for Season 18 of the ABC competition series, which premieres March 17.

RELATED | Dancing With the Stars Fires Band

In a statement to E! Online, Burke-Charvet said, “[I] understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture” — a seeming nod to DWTS‘ declining ratings and buzz.

“I’ve seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom,” she added, “but this one takes the cake.”

Later this evening, she also addressed the news on Twitter:

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your Calendar of 60+ February/March Premieres and Finales

A former model, Burke-Charvet first appeared on DWTS as a contestant — and eventual winner — of Season 7, and then went on to cohost with Tom Bergeron Seasons 10 through 17. In that capacity, she succeeded Samantha Harris (who replaced Lisa Canning starting with Season 2).

Will you miss Burke-Charvet’s presence on the parquet? Any knee-jerk suggestions for her replacement? Perhaps another former mirrored-ball trophy winner?

Comments (137)

• Not surprised considering “Dancing with the Stars” no longer has that room where the teams wait to perform and for their scores and she interviews the team after they dance.

Comment by thestormwithin (@thestormwithin) – February 21, 2014 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree; she probably won’t be replaced. I don’t think she was fired as much as her position was eliminated. With the shorter show, they just don’t need a co-host.

Comment by Kristin – February 21, 2014 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • she’s been replaced by Fox’s College Sportscaster ERIN ANDREWS……

Comment by N. Campanelli – February 23, 2014 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was ONE of the problems at DWTS She helped lower the ratings. She was boring and off putting with her airheaded comments and questions. She WILL not be missed AND her missing COULD raise the ratings! KEEP the GREAT changes coming DWTS. Bring back the viewers!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree with you! Thank you for saying it all. This one needs repeating, SHE WILL NOT BE MISSED!

Comment by Nora – February 22, 2014 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I couldn’t stand looking at her any more. That annoying PERMA-GRIN! So glad she’s gone, I can watch the show again.

Comment by Pam Macy – March 11, 2014 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree, she would ask the most ridiculous questions, and you know they had to answer with a politically correct answer. There was no way they could answer what they were really feeling. Glad she’s gone.

Comment by Tammie – February 22, 2014 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you actually think she made up those “stupid” questions? It is more realistic to think the producers wrote the questions for her to ask and she takes the wrap if the questions come across as being stupid..

Comment by k rivet – February 24, 2014 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never liked her. She sounded fake and insincere. And kind of snobby like, especially when she huohenated her name. Who cares!

Comment by B.t. Iam – February 22, 2014 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you “TheFactsR” … Thanks for saying it! I’m not going to miss her AT ALL!

Comment by sue – February 22, 2014 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Could not disagree with you most. I really liked her and WILL NOT being watching any more. I WILL miss her. Have a nice day!

Comment by Laura Blake – March 1, 2014 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, I loved Brook AND the Band AND the dancers, contestants waiting room !! As the show down sizes so does my viewing downsize. I almost stopped watching when Julianne Hough quit. If Derek quits, even though I love most, not all, of the rest of the dancers. Then I am gone for sure. You should have dumped Carrie Ann instead of Brook ! And on a personal note. Tony, you are so wonderful…why do you keep getting the duds each season? You have my sympathies ! Kate G. Was a Witch, now you’re stuck with NeNe.

Comment by Deborah Bennig – March 4, 2014 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Star Dancers are what brings rating down plus it’s going on another week to hear who will be eliminated and then eliminating stars that are good? Geez you people are a trip thinking co-hosts brings ratings down. Duh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha lol

Comment by JJ – March 19, 2014 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why then throw out the band, they where super especially there back up singers where tops, it all boils down to $$$$$$$$$$. and ratings, have to cut costs! Now there just about crap and skimpy costumes and geared toward the younger set and away from real ballroom dancing, now it is junk to watch.

Comment by Sam Spade – April 1, 2014 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No! It boils down to always wanting to appeal to a younger audience. The whole changing to a one day show, hardly any musical guests, removing the band & co-host and skimpier and sleezier costumes make it cheaper and cheaper! No BAND??!!?? REALLY??!!??

Comment by Debi Newby – April 10, 2014 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If replaced…………….bring in a GREAT personality because Ole TOM is getting boring as well……his jokes are getting OLD!!!!!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i’m ready for boring, fake tom to be replaced….he has a fake laugh at the end of each performance. not his place to comment or voice his opinion at all … he’s just the announcer …

Comment by sasha – February 22, 2014 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also say…….bring in a GRAND PIANO to replace Harold Wheeler group! NOTHING more beautiful than a great piano sound

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They already hired a different band leader, Ray Chew, who was the music director for American Idol for awhile. I think they’re trying to go for something flashier, not traditional or classical like a piano.

Comment by JLK – February 22, 2014 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely with the changes made last season – losing the results show and the celebrequarium – Tom was doing most of what Brooke used to do (and better at that) since contestants were staying with him to receive their scores and he could chat with contestants before and after dances since they were right at the side of the dance floor. They relegated her to backstage coverage more than half the time last season. I don’t think there’s been a season since she’s been on that people haven’t complained about her inept interviewing skills and lack of relevance to the proceedings even before the changes made last season. I for one am glad we will no longer have to hear her ask “how does it feel?” after every performance.

Comment by Tess – February 22, 2014 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought she was the best co-host out of the three and I liked her presence on the show but she simply wasn’t needed anymore. Those post-dance interviews never added anything to the show and her main contribution to the show was just being a pretty lady for Tom to stand beside so it makes sense that they’d let her go.

Comment by dude – February 21, 2014 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree totally. I will miss her but I would feel worse if Tom was leaving he is my all time favorite!!!!

Comment by Paula – February 22, 2014 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree, Paula. Tom is very good at doing a live show – he makes it look easy. He is witty and likable. He can make fun without being insulting or hurtful. As for a possible replacement – Lisa Rinna, please, please! She is hilarious and would bring a boost to the show. (They would just have to keep their finger on the “bleep” button.)

Comment by MarMar – February 22, 2014 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was on seven seasons too long and this past season she wasn’t needed.

Comment by Kim (@AD76) – February 21, 2014 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • STRONGLY agree!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Bergeron is the best host there doesn’t need to be a co-host!!!

Comment by Sarah – February 21, 2014 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good.

Comment by Mika02 – February 21, 2014 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time. she was annoying the hell out of me last season. She had nothing to do and no place to go. Her comments were infantile at best. She just needs to go home to her Baywatch hubby.

Comment by Jefrey Roseff – February 21, 2014 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK you!

Comment by nobody special – February 21, 2014 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I would much rather have Samantha back! At least Samantha had personality… and if not a new co-host… Can we bring back the Harold and the band now?

Comment by Cory – February 21, 2014 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO! to Sam! NO to Brooke!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Buddy, we get it! Stop posting the same comment!

Comment by Sheila – February 22, 2014 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Good then you do have some intelligence after all! ahemmm and I am not YOUR buddy! FYI Shelia

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And da…….I am not controlled by your comments either Shelia! Everyone has the right to post I do not think this is Russia!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First feeling: Shock. Next feeling: Indifference. Final Tally: Brooke (0), DWTS (1) Fans of the show (insert number for screwed)
    I just hope that Tom is staying. Love him!! :)

Comment by Janet – February 21, 2014 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was never crazy about her as co-host anyway so matters little to me if she stays or goes. What is shocking to me is the letting go of Harold Wheeler. That band was exceptional.

Comment by Barbara Coogan – February 21, 2014 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOOD! She never added anything to the show & always looked uncomfortable standing there. Let Tom use his great sense of humor ALONE!!!

Comment by TiTi – February 21, 2014 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wake up, ABC…the show is about dancing & music. U do NOT need to add an arm charm in a dress to get viewers! Tom Bergeron has hosted many other shows w/ wit & charisma. He doesnt need any help from a cohost!!

Comment by Ronnie – February 21, 2014 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good. Love Tom.

Comment by Patricia Boxx – February 22, 2014 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I watched season 17, with all of the changes (going to one night, having Tom keep the contestants next to him during the scores, etc) Brooke’s role was eliminated. I wondered truly why they kept her last season. I believe they did it because they were not sure if they were going to keep it “changed” and held onto her through the edited show so if they had to return to the other format she wasn’t off doing something else.
    First, it was changing the format to one night instead of two, last season. Second, it was changing how the couples were eliminated, with that bizarro scoring-from-this-week-added-to-scoring-from-last-week weirdness. Then, the band was fired, which I think is a huge mistake because they brought something special to the show (I know with rising costs and having to get permission from every artist that they use music from is a pain and then to get permission for another band to essentially cover that music, the cost was becoming prohibitive). And, now, finally, letting Brooke go as well. These changes are either going to revitalize the show or simply sink it.
    We shall see.

Comment by H.Houston – February 22, 2014 03:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The wheeler band is what threw the timing OFF! They didn’t play the song the same way each time which threw the celebs off! They practice with a recording all week then dance to a band who never played the song at the same timing! I think a great piano for Ballroom and same instruments for Latin will be much better!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When did it go to one night? I always enjoyed the show, but they dragged it out over two nights, so i dvr’d the shows every night and ran through it quickly. It would be watchable if one night. As for brooke – would love to hear the REAL story behind it

Comment by Kt – March 3, 2014 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU!

Brooke was awful, awkward, stiff, and basically incompetent as a host for a live show.

As a former winner she NEVER made any effort to empathize with the contestants; it was like she had never competed.

Comment by Quentin Jersey (QJ201) – February 22, 2014 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoever’s making executive decisions at ABC has blundered yet again! Brook added depth and beauty to the show. The wearing of new wardrobes was exiting to watch and the feminine side gave to the show satisfaction and variety. This, plus the firing of the ultimate band and its superb leader, marks the demise of a great reality show-one that brought ballroom dancing into the hearts of America.

Comment by Tellurian – February 22, 2014 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t tell if sarcasm…

Comment by Aeol – February 23, 2014 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also think this is a big mistake!!!!! I think she added class to the show!!!!!!!!! She is a beautiful woman and I’m sure many women watching were a little jealous of her!! She added to her name to honor her sweet husband, I’m sure. I don’t understand why people are so cruel when there is no need for it. That’s what all these shows do, change often in hopes up upping their ratings. I’m just not understanding this one at all. Brooke, if you are reading these reviews, take them as a grain of salt. You did an awesome job and I and many of my friends are going to miss you!!!! I’m sure it won’t be long and some show is going love to have you, your beauty and your sweet personality!! Best of luck to you and your husband. You have a precious looking combined family!

Comment by Wanda – March 4, 2014 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I TOTALLY agree with you as most of these negative, & rude comments are because of jealousy!

Comment by JayCee – March 9, 2014 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually no jealousy really…if the majority of the people are saying the same thing then its probably because there is some truth. I am the first one to say if someone is beautiful, talented, and sweet. I didnt see that in her..none.
          She is average looking, and not suited for that job. But thats just my opinion. Im sure she is a great mother and wife…ive seen her interviews and she seems like her family is her priority. She has an amazing body too and works hard at it. But I ..as well as many others..didnt find her genuine on camera…very fake and uninterested in anyone but her poses. So thats my opinion and we all have them. If u r a fan then I hope u find her again on another program so you can watch her as long as u wish. I certainly wont….enjoy

Comment by darhil – March 10, 2014 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Bergeron is so smart and quick and funny, it was a shame he had a co-host who was basically dead behind the eyes. It would be great if they could find someone who’s got chemistry with him, who can bounce some jokes and snark back and forth with him, it would really lift the energy level and add some entertainment. And after that, they have to do something about the judges, the chemistry is dead there, too.

Comment by Eurydice – February 22, 2014 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never cared for her, interviews were usually so awkward. Didn’t enjoy watching her as a contestant and was surprised she was selected to co-host.

Comment by Kaye Nicholson – February 22, 2014 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she was horrible. I always felt like pushing the mute button when she talked. She asked the stupidest questions ever. It was really getting embarrassing. I am also glad about the firing of the band because I hated how they messed up the dancers by not staying on key or singing to slow or to fast. I really disliked the male singers and the singer who always dressed like a star trek character.

Comment by Dionna Gould – February 22, 2014 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • EXACTLY!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • listen people…Brooke had throid cancer which she was operated on last year. Maybe she wasn’t feeling well for a while. considering thyroid problems make you very tired. Give her a break!llittle

Comment by Little One – February 24, 2014 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooke I enjoyed your presence and appeal on the show. Will miss you!

Comment by Cannadycynthia – February 22, 2014 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off, I am sorry Brooke is losing her job. That must hurt. She seems like a very a nice person. That being said, I am not a big fan of her interviewing and chit chat skills, and at times I just cringed; however, she sure looked fantastic every week. Her dresses were gorgeous, and looked like they were made just for her. I will miss “seeing” her, not “hearing” her. Good luck Brooke in your next endeavor.

I will be interested to see the new format, music, hosting, etc.

Comment by meleliot – February 22, 2014 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her role seemed to disappear with the shorter show and the reconfiguration of the ballroom space last season. She didn’t do much last season at all, so I’m not surprised they decided to save her salary. Would be shocked if she was replaced.

Comment by Bobbi (@BobbiNJ) – February 22, 2014 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was a TERRIBLE co-host and interviewer. I would fast forward through her every time I could. Unless they replace her with Drew Lachey – who was a much better option when they were auditioning potential co-hosts – don’t replace her at all. Tom would be fine on his own, too.

Comment by Amanda – February 22, 2014 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brooke should NEVER have been on DWTS being a prior contestant and of Derek’s also. Made DWTS even that much more LOPSIDED!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad pub for DWTS to slant the show ALL one way!!!!!

Now if say CAI and Lenny and maybe even Bruno would disappear then maybe just maybe the show will revive!

The concept of DWTS is GREAT! But the show stood still then took a nose dive!!!!!!!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harold wheeler and singers added to the show. Really really hate to see them. I did like brooke-vharvet though

Comment by maria – February 22, 2014 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Correction: Really, really hate to see harold wheeler and the band go, not sure I had made that clear.

Comment by maria – February 22, 2014 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TheFactsR, if you’re going to comment again and again on the same thing, it would be nice if you’d be original with the wording each time. We get it: you don’t like Tom. But you, yourself, are BORING and ANNOYING with the repeats. At least Tom doesn’t repeat himself.

Comment by Kate – February 22, 2014 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I NEVER said I did not enjoy Tom. There you are putting words out there that I never said……Tom does repeat himself DUH Kate! You must think you know everything and are the only one with thoughts and opinions! This is not Russia and I have the right to speak my thoughts. DUH

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • TheFactsR take your opinion about Tom and the piano and shove it. Just my opinion and we’re not in Russia, so you don’t have to go there.

Comment by bunny – February 22, 2014 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Your obviously a hater, hater hater , naughty hater, and no one cares about your comments, hater bulley

Comment by Minx – March 31, 2014 07:18 AM PDT
  • Brooke should NEVER been on DWTS being a prior contestant and of Derek’s also. Made DWTS even that much more LOPSIDED!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad pub for DWTS to slant the show ALL one way!!!!!

IF not this season 18…… then if a season 19 exist…….bring in OLE Tom a great female personality that he can PING off to revive the show.

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keeps your kids engaged and you do not have to hear “Are we there yet. Guests will also complete the night surrounded by luxury in an Executive King Suite, featuring an expansive master bedroom, separate living space and a personal marble wet-bar. The landscape is beautiful with spacious 14 blocks and over 1165 houses.

Comment by http://www.prestigeguide.be – February 22, 2014 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring in Melissa Rycroft. She had great chemistry with Tom Bergeron.

Comment by Kim – February 22, 2014 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I TOTALLY agree. Melissa Rycoft has a much better persona than Brooke ever did. I never understood why or how she became a co-host of this show. Her comments to contestants, at times, were insensitive and callous. Hey, Brooke, how does THAT feel?

Comment by Lorraine – February 22, 2014 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Replacing with Melissa is the WORST idea I have ever read! Horrible to bring in ANY prior contestant!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^^^^^ Yes, this! A million times this. I was waiting for someone to bring Melissa up. I was upset that she didn’t get the gig the first time around.

Comment by Young Matthew – February 22, 2014 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Melissa would be an awesome co-host !!! I loved Samantha too… Did not like Brooke at all.

Comment by luvjax – February 22, 2014 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! She was great and I was also shocked when they didn’t choose her. She is funny, has a great smile and personality.

Comment by Angela – February 22, 2014 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness!!! I was so tired of seeing her in those short, hussy dresses of hers and her cleavage all the time!!! And I was always sick and tired of her trying to hog the spotlight when she would interview the dancers, “when I was dancing”, she would always say, it drove me crazy!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – February 22, 2014 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone above was just complaining that she didn’t empathize enough with the dancers (which would entail mentioning her experience) and now you’re complaining she did it too much. Seems to me like she couldn’t win.

Comment by JLK – February 22, 2014 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Hussy”? Gee, how classy of you.
      I wasn’t a fan of her interviewing style, either-as many noted, she asked some ridiculously obvious questions, and when the partners were practicing for quick dances, I never understood why she needed to take their precious time to do an interview with them, especially since all the interviews usually consisted of was stuff like, “How nervous are you?”. So this news doesn’t bother me.
      Having said that, however, losing a job is never fun, so I am sorry for her in that respect, and wish her luck in finding something else to do.

Comment by Angela – February 22, 2014 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stop being a BULLY everyone has a right to post opinions and thoughts. This is not Russia!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • …uhhhhhh…how in the world was I being a bully? At what point did I say they couldn’t post their opinion/thoughts? I don’t see that anywhere in my post. I just disagreed with the use of the word “hussy” to describe a woman. And yes, I’m fully aware this isn’t Russia-I’ve lived in the U.S. my entire life, I’m well aware of what country I reside in, thanks.
          Seriously, take a chill pill.

Comment by Angela – February 22, 2014 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She didn’t bring much to the show, so I’m not surprised they let her go. I love Tom Bergeron and he can carry the show by himself.

Comment by Jamie – February 22, 2014 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This the beginning of the end for this era of reality programming. There may still be reality shows on the air, and I don’t doubt we’ll see new attempts to reininvent the genre, but the end is near, it is all downhill from here. The days of domination of these shows in the ratings, and in particular in the demo, are over. AI, Survivor, DWTS, X Factor, Super Nanny, etc. all … even Amazing Race [now, with the Harlem Globetrotters]. It’s coming to its eventual end.

When measuring the impact of these programs now/today, compared to the height in popularity of these programs, look that demo, not the ratings/total viewership. My mother watches DWTS [she's not in the demo - any demo] and all her friends still do watch as well, and that’s terrific, but tell that to the advertisers. The advertising rates for shows like DWTS are being cut year after year due to declining ratings. That’s not a slam on DWTS, it is just the reality of the business and the numbers/money – the reality of the effects of time on a product.

Brooke won’t be replaced – they need to cut costs. TB may have to take a pay cut, the show will continue to shrink in size and time – they have no choice… the money is not there anymore. I don’t know what they pay the dancers, but we may see more disappearing. This is what ‘the end’ looks like.

AI is done, X-Factor? Come on. Great Race? The last time I saw the Harlem Globetrotters on TV, they were visiting Gilligan’s Island, and even the GI cast has said they knew that was the beginning of the end (no slam on HGT-they are wonderful, it’s just the fact that stunt-casting often signals the end of a series). Survivor continues, but it’s dead man walking – the casting/’contestants’ now are full of wanna-be actors and models of a certain age. That show lost its creative ideas years ago. It’s over.

Keep an eye on the pilot season to see what types of new reality programming may be coming down the pike. That’s what we all need to begin to focus on – the ‘new’, the next, what shows may be in production, the new ideas coming in reality TV. In the meantime, enjoy the moment, enjoy these old reality series while they are still around – they are coming to the end. I’ll feel bad when they do leave the air, if for no other reason than my mom and dad won’t have anything to watch on tv at that point.

Comment by Nero the TVFiddler – February 22, 2014 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won’t miss her, but I feel bad that she lost her job. I think that DWTS are hoping these changes will improve their ratings, but I think viewers are declining because we are just tired of the “dancing show” (SYTYCD too).

Comment by Diane – February 22, 2014 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lately, I recorded the show and then hit fast forward when she was on.

Comment by Jean Wilkinson – February 22, 2014 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooke is leaving?? I thought she was an amazing co-host. I’ve had much respect for her through the years. She brought class to the show.

Comment by Donna – February 22, 2014 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When they went to a one night format, I tried to watch, but it just wasn’t working any longer. The entire atmosphere of the show was changed and became just intolerable. It was a different show entirely. Add to that the loss of a great, classy bandleader, and that totally screwed up elimination system, and I only checked in a couple of times last season. Now this. Brooke will definitely be missed. With all of this, I will skip entirely, unless i catch individual dances out of context on U Tube.

Comment by Maryann – February 22, 2014 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are welcome to stop watching if you so desire. Many will return now that they are not exposed to an airhead each Monday.

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They can replace her with a wet mop. Infinitely more interesting than Brooke Burke.

Comment by Aeol – February 22, 2014 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EXACTLY! But NO prior contestants! That only makes viewers leave!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People have never liked the female co-host. People loathed Samantha and complained about her endlessly. When she left, people rejoiced and then started trashing Brooke. She asked the same inane questions as Samantha. Why is that? Likely because neither of them had the autonomy to ask whatever questions struck them as interesting. They’re clearly told through their earpieces what to ask, and then they’re forced to cut answers short because producers are screaming in their ear telling them they have to move on to the next part of the show. No matter who you put in that job, they’re going to face the same criticism over and over again because that was the nature of the job. As such, I agree with everyone who’s said she won’t be replaced. If ABC has done their research, they know that the co-host has always been considered a negative for the show, and Brooke really didn’t have a lot to do for most of last season.

Comment by JLK – February 22, 2014 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can think of two words to describe Tom Bergeron – Unfunny and irritating. And for those who are TB fans, my apologies for my dislike of him. And yes, I don’t watch him (the show) anymore or any show he’s ever been on. I’m not sure why some people just irritate, but he is definitely one.

Comment by Jack – February 22, 2014 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess he’ll to go cuddle with his Emmy and rock himself to sleep thinking of your dislike.

Comment by S. – February 22, 2014 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahahaha.

Comment by Ava – February 22, 2014 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is just that Tom’s jokes ARE getting OLD! Tom is an enjoyable person. IF Brooke is replaced …..bring in a GREAT personality! LIVEN up the show! FRESH AIR and to the judges table too!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel so bad for the TV hostess, but I would like to try to see if Tom will feel naked without a co-hostess. No offense, Mr. Bergeron.

Comment by Ambee – February 22, 2014 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s time for them to replace DWTS completely….they can’t possibly take off more of the costumes coverage and stay on the air, so drop it….it’s run it’s course.

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2014 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well they would have to go to THONGS which would cheapen the show. I say MORE material to costumes, piano, loose a few of the TRASHY female pros, and viewers will return. Dancing NEVER gets old…….it is the people trying to do the jobs that are the problems!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last night’s show turned into a pity party. Dancing for your dead Grandma, losing weight for your child, and the worst was when Billy Dee bitched about his back and then picked up each of his grandchildren! Robin Roberts is good on GMA but what qualifies her to judge dancing? Being a cancer survivor? The whole show looks like it’s struggling and I think it is.

Comment by Joan – April 1, 2014 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t watch the show but the cruelness of the comments here crazy but typical of people hiding behind their computer. This probably should have been an article with comments turned off,

Comment by Boiler – February 22, 2014 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OH GOSH your comment is OLD! They are not hiding behind a computer. They would say these things in the open air because they are the truth!
      THIS IS NOT RUSSIA! USA has freedom of speech!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Unfortunately we do no matter what. If someone was cruel like this at work they’d be gone

Comment by Boiler – February 22, 2014 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @ TheFactsR…Are you a Russian immigrant?! Just wondering!!

Comment by Samuel – February 22, 2014 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont care about Brooke but my friend and i who watch together have notlikedthe new dance styles added and the rock night and dancing with the classic symphony night disappearing. There was just something about doing ballroom dances to a great rock song or a symphony orchestra that was exciting to us.

Comment by noel – February 22, 2014 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time! If they need another talking head, I recommend Drew Lachey. He was a great stand-in back when Samantha was on maternity leave. But Tom is awesome by himself.

Comment by Mary – February 22, 2014 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It DOES NOT say they are replacing her! The show never needed a second host, any extra chatter Tom can handle after dance alone or with help from judges!

Comment by DavidSask – February 22, 2014 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The band was fine but the singers were BEYOND terrible, so often the music was so bad I was forced to mute it. And Brooke was also terrible. Boring, repetitive, predictably trite. Actually the entire show is pretty terrible, but getting rid of Brooke and singers is a positive.

Comment by Jean – February 22, 2014 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Correct! I NOW am starting to give DWTS credit for “WANTING” to reach out to the people who stopped watching DWTS out of frustration and at LEAST TRYING to revive dancing.

As long as I KNOW DWTS executives are reconstructing the interest in DWTS I AM INTERESTED!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir!! WOW — that would bring in the viewers!!!!!

Comment by Vickie Peterson – February 22, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Tom by himself
    2. Melissa Rycroft
    3. Drew Lachey
    Choose one

Comment by Diva – February 22, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I choose none. They might as well just have Derick be the host -he’s pretty much doing everything else – choreographing, dancing, winning. A chance to save some money in production costs.

Comment by It's all over, isn't it? – February 22, 2014 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ding dong, the Brooke-bot’s gone! =D I will miss the dresses they put her in, though. Tom will do fine on his own.

Comment by Thea – February 22, 2014 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drew. Please Please Please. Drew Lachey.

Wishing Brooke the best.

Comment by Fairy – February 22, 2014 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loosing Brooke and Wheeler are a ………VERY GOOD MOVE! When DWTS Executives make a few MORE of the right moves………I will be drumming up viewers for the show!

Comment by TheFactsR – February 22, 2014 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post