Paget Brewster Joins ABC's Saint Francis Pilot

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Paget Brewster Joins St Francis Comedy PilotCriminal Minds alum Paget Brewster has been cast opposite The Sopranos‘ Michael Imperioli in the ABC sitcom pilot Saint Francis.

Penned by Chris Moynihan (Man Up), the multi-camera project follows a blue-collar, no-nonsense, Long Island cop and family man (Imperioli) as he butts heads with the modern, liberal world when his 29-year-old sister gets pregnant out of wedlock.

Per our sister site Deadline, Brewster will play Imperioli’s age-obsessed, going-on-40 wife, who happens to be supportive of her expectant sis-in-law.

Since exiting Criminal Minds as a series regular, Brewster has shown the funny in gigs on Modern Family and Community, as well as in last year’s passed-on ABC sitcom pilot Spy. As she recently told TVLine, she leans towards “things that really, really excite me and scare me a bit. And that’s what comedy does.”

Comments (17)

• Cool! Paget’s great at comedy – I hope this project is a good match for her.

Comment by Ashley – February 20, 2014 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well d*mn! I had no desire to watch this show but I have to now. Love Paget!

Comment by Garett – February 20, 2014 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just thinking about her this morning and wondering if she was trying out for any of the new TV pilots. Hope it gets picked up because I would love to have Paget back on my TV screen.

Comment by Aimee – February 20, 2014 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her! Love her even more in comedy!!!

Comment by Barb – February 20, 2014 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, the show description doesn’t sound very interesting to me but if it gets picked up I will check it out just because of her.

Comment by LDSK – February 20, 2014 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fingers crossed that this show gets picked up. I miss having Paget on my TV

Comment by Daniel – February 20, 2014 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How old fashion can the main character be? out of we’d lock children do not shock people like they use to generations ago. I think people would laugh themselves out of their seats if people try the old let’s get married and six months later there is a “early delivery” or someone disappears and a few months later a new baby brother or sister has been born to a mother who gave no verbal or physical indication she was pregnant.

Comment by Robert – February 20, 2014 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, the show description does not give me a warm fuzzy. I like Paget and want her to do well but I don’t think this is the show for it. If it get’s picked up I don’t see it lasting long.

Comment by Ben – February 20, 2014 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for her. I hope it does well. I’d love to see Paget in a comedy again.

Comment by Abby – February 20, 2014 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just as long as she can continue to play Sadie Doyle I’m OK with it. Here’s to you Paget! *clink*

Comment by Jax – February 20, 2014 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was born in 1969? Whoa…she looks great

Comment by christine – February 20, 2014 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Paget. Hate Criminal Minds. So I hope this one succeeds!

Comment by Anna – February 20, 2014 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What, no mention of Andy Richter Controls the Universe?

Comment by Zach – February 20, 2014 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s great at comedic roles, and I will watch anything with Michael Imperioli. I hope this gets picked up!!

Comment by Shiny penny – February 20, 2014 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it set in 1977?

Comment by Derek Johnson – February 20, 2014 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It waits to return to a criminal mind forever.
    I thought that it returned this year.

Comment by yasu – February 21, 2014 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for sharing your thoughts on interior design meerbusch.

Regards