What to Watch Thursday: FLOTUS Visits Fallon, Actors Studio Feels Alright, Taste Fades and More

Inside the Actors Studio McConaugheyOn TV this Thursday: The Taste savors a final dish, Idol reveals its Top 13, Lando Calrissian Nerds out and First Lady Michelle Obama gets classy with Jimmy Fallon. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

8 pm Winter Olympics (NBC) | Tonight’s events include figure skating, freestyle skiing and the women’s halfpipe gold medal final.

8 pm The Taste (ABC) | Season 2 finale: The final four must create a dish using tripe, liver and scallops.

8 pm American Idol (Fox) | The Top 13 finalists are revealed during this live results show. (Michael Slezak ranked the Top 15 girls and Top 15 guys.)

8 pm Inside the Actor’s Studio (Bravo) | Matthew McConaughey discusses his more-than-“Alright, alright, alright” career — including his Golden Globe-winning, Oscar-nominated role in Dallas Buyer’s Club.

RELATED | Save the Dates: 55 February Premieres + Finales

9 pm Rake (Fox) | Well, someone has an appetite! When a restaurant owner (The Sopranos’ Michael Imperioli) is accused of bigamy, Keegan must convince the jury that there is nothing wrong with having multiple wives.

9 pm Braxton Family Values (WE tv) | The Season 3 finale includes a trip to the Grammys, a birthday soiree, a christening and a heart-to-heart conversation.

9 pm Under the Gunn (Lifetime) | The designers are required to create mini collections in the first team challenge.

9 pm Chopped Canada (Food Network) | The chefs must incorporate durian – dubbed the world’s smelliest fruit – into a dessert.

RELATED The 10 Things We Absolutely Hated About Jimmy Fallon’s Historic Tonight Show Debut

10 pm King of the Nerds (TBS) | As the Nerds debate an age-old question, one player reveals that (gasp!) he has never seen either Star Trek or Star Wars – much to the horror of guest judges Billy Dee Williams (um, Star Wars!) and Kumail Nanjiani (Franklin & Bash).

Midnight The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (NBC) | First Lady Michelle Obama pays a visit and Arcade Fire performs.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

GET MORE: Finales, What to Watch

1. tara17 says:

The Olympics end on Sunday right? Regular programming resumes Monday?

• Long answer: 23rd is a Sunday, and last I checked that was the day it ends, so… Yes. Short answer: Yep.

• Name That Tune says:

Hallelujah, Praise The Lord, the closing ceremonies for the Olympics is Sunday!
      Man what a time-waster these Olympics have been.

• wenraz says:

Disagree completely. I think these Olympics have been crazy exciting to watch. Can’t wait for the 2018 winter games already.

• Name That Tune says:

And in 2018, I hope the networks remember that some of us would like to watch something else between the hours of 7PM and 10PM MST (8 to 11 EST). After all, most of the things you wanted to see were available online throughout the day . . . Why imprison the rest of us?

• tara17 says:

So agree! It’s February, we’re sick of Winter, and there’s no new episodes. It would be nice if the other networks at least showed movies instead of repeats of shows aired a few weeks ago.

• tara17 says:

Of course, a lot of people find the Olympics exciting, or it wouldn’t air on network TV. This thread is about not liking the Olympics and wanting regular programming instead. I personally highly dislike the Olympics, but I understand why others enjoy them.

2. xav says:

I can’t with all the Olympics going on today. I’m livestreaming from my office and I might die of all the tension.

3. Mandy says:

I’m just impatient for regular shows to return!! The Olympics are great but I miss my shows!

4. Tran 2.0 says:

First Lady Michelle Obama on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and a repeat of the Winter finale of Scandal. Next Thursday: Parenthood & Scandal returns with fresh episodes.

5. John says:

Jimmy Fallon! Such a breath of fresh air for the tonight Show.

6. Name That Tune says:

Tonight, it’s The Taste for me. Ludo vs. Bourdain. Great entertainment.

7. Jon says:

I’ll be watching the Olympics and then Jimmy Fallon (who’s been killing it this week — loved the Brian Williams “Rapper’s Delight” mashup yesterday). Wonder if the First Lady and Jimmy will do a followup to their “Evolution of Mom Dancing” skit?

8. Steve F. says:

It’s “durian,” not “dorian” – durian is a stinky fruit (and it smells NASTY!), while “Dorian” is the character pleayed my Michael Ealy on “Almost Human.” No word on how he smells, though I’m sure there’s more than one woman here who’d like to find out…

9. Larry McD says:

It’s durian, not dorian and it is the smelliest fruit on the planet.

10. bobbie says:

The only thing about the Olympics killing so much of the scripted tv is that now I’m willing to watch Rake in lieu of nothing. And kind of enjoy it. I went through all 13 episodes of House of Cards, too. Awesome! Fantastic! I hate that we have to wait so long for Season 3.

11. Doug says:

Gave up on Rake after two episodes. Annoying beyond belief.