Exclusive

The Voice Exclusive: Season 6 Coaches 'Going for the Throat This Year,' Blake Shelton Teases

Shakira and Usher are back for their second go-’round on The Voice — so don’t expect any learning curve as they battle to land the best singers from the Season 6 Blind Auditions.

That’s one of the take-home messages from the following exclusive video previewing the coaches’ competitive chemistry — and go-to strategies — in advance of next Monday’s season premiere (8/7c on NBC).

VIDEO | Reality Check: Biggest Injustices of Idol‘s Top 30! Plus: Four Singers Who Must Advance This Week

Shakira’s playing the “Girl Card.” Usher’s using his eyes, his lips and whatever else he can to entice potential superstars. Adam’s not above begging. But intesrestingly, Blake’s not the only one name-dropping “Miranda Lambert” to sway contestants.

Press play below for the entire feel-good video, then hit the comments and weigh in on your anticipation level for the upcoming Voice season!

1. Mr. Oh Wait says:

Please just let it die…. oh wait this is not AI.

2. JM says:

LOVE this show. So much fun!

3. Marko says:

I find this show cynical. It’s like a judges private party and the contestants are only for their personal amusement.

4. Jerry says:

I have to say Season 5 is the first season I watched, and while I liked the show, the only rounds that are still interesting is the audition turning chairs round. That concept is somehow so addictive that I can even watch all the other versions like China’s!

But once it got down to the middle rounds it just felt like snub after snub, and instead of rooting for these contestants, it became about controversy and hating contestants, and consequently became a little boring.

I have to say, Cee Lo might be in a bit of trouble in the next fall season after all the self-sabotaging. He already had the weakest team (because people don’t trust to take him), and he still make blatant mistakes like giving horrible songs to his contestants. Even though Caroline’s voice will eventually bore viewers in an 7 week show, Caroline could have made it to at least final 5, even if he just stepped up a little in his mentoring.

5. btenda testement says:

Don’t watch to much TV,however this one who that if I can’t watch when its broadcasted you better bet is on my DVR. Set and ready to record already! Lmao at some of the thing the judge say and I love to see how the contestants progress with there coach. To you Blake love you bud! This first time I heard your song Baby I cried my eyes put.I was on my way to mothers Day church service to meet with my mom.See I am the Baby of 10. Love good luck with this season and I hope you will.GO BLAKE!

6. A says:

Usher is my favorite coach

7. I have watched every season of The Voice never ever miss it. I always vote for TEAMBLAKE.. HE is HANDSOME,SMART and knows how to make a STAR.. Most of all he is hilarious. The judges are like family. Families always fuss and fight. But they never take it to far. WELL ADAM SAYS A FEW TIMES TO BLAKE THINGS HE SHOULD NEVER SAY CON
    CERNING BLAKE’S DRINKING.. THAT is private between Blake and his HIS SELF NO
    One else.
    Here’s hoping for more country singer are on the show this season ..GO WIN TEAMBLAKE!!!!!

• missvci says:

you are the reason I hate this show and just proved that people blindly follow the coach instead of the singer which explains how the swann brothers and cole valsbury made it so far in the competition despite being incredibly boring.

• Richard Alley says:

I think The Swann Brothers and Cole Vosbury were fantastic. Last season I thought the final 3 were kind of boring and bland.

• John Anthony says:

If you hate the show so much why show up on the comment page even prior to the show’s opening night? Sounds like you can’t wait to watch it again this season.

8. HAP says:

The show is noticeably better with Usher and Shakira on it.

9. lynn says:

“Look at my eyes” “Okay Look at my Lips.”

I’ll be very surprised if Usher doesn’t get that contestant.

10. Jane says:

I’ll be the first person to admit I couldn’t care less about the participants and actual competition, I watch strictly for the judges. Amazing chemistry, fun to watch them banter, compete, and argue (lighthearted way).

11. wifi hacker says:

Coffee shops accommodate with a genius negotiation of Internet connectivity as acme gadgets
    all to pieces wifi hacker from your annual, such being fire phones and high-end
    versions of Kindles. Abandonment ill-advised on be adaptable together with the
    enterprise plan. Banburee resort Koh Samui possesses accurate overall of
    12 rentals, bifurcated models of classification cottages (4 rooms) plus twenty-four rooms involving Deluxe rooms,
    which hawk to us 45 apathetic rooms.

12. I DON’T CARE WHAT YOUR OPINION OF ME IS. THIS AMERICA I CAN WATCH THE VOICE
    AND VOTE FOR WHO EVER. I choose. If you don’t like it dont watch it that simple.
    Yes I voted for The Swon Brothers and Cole Vosbury. Waiting impatiently for season 6.
    So j

W

13. Judy says:

I love the Voice, and I think that while the judges do make the show exciting and fun, they are trying to find the best vocalist!! Blake and Adam are so funny, and I loved it when Usher and Shakira were on, so looking forward to this season!! Go TeamBlake!!!!!

14. Linda Campbell says:

Blake Shelton is the most appealing man on tv! Love The Voice-never miss it. Go Team Blake. Anxiously awaiting new season.

15. Lee says:

Our family looooove voice. We love Adam and Blake are soooooooo funny which make
    us show more joyable. Shakia and Usher , welcome back!!!!!
    This season is BY FAR THE BEST CONTESTANT EVER!!!!!!!!!
    all of you judges Rock!!!!!! Love you guys!!!!

16. Jamie says:

Adam and Blake,,, I didn’t know you guys are sooooooo funny and we looooove it.
    We laugh so hard just see you guys arguing(in nice way).
    Shakira,,,, your body is speechless!!!!!! Sooooooooo beautiful shakira !!!!
    usher , I love your hair,,,,soooooooo cute on you haha!!
    This season is the BEST!!!!!!!
    Adam,, your clean cut shape of your face is even more sexy!!!
    Blake, you are a such gentleman and of course sooooo handsome!!!

17. I always love Blake Shelton, he’s a great artist. I booked tickets for his concert expected next month in Virginia Beach. If interested, I ordered my tickets at Ticketexecutive.com.