Once Upon a Time's Return: Emma's New Life, Hook's Mission and More Teases -- Plus Photos!

Once Upon a Time SpoilersIt’s a strange new world when Once Upon a Time returns on March 9 (ABC, 8/7c) with Emma and Henry now on their own in New York City and the residents of Storybrooke contending with a Wicked new foe.

Having been privy to an early peek at the show’s winter premiere, TVLine is sharing some scoop on what to expect:

RELATED | What Makes Once Upon a Time‘s Wicked Witch So Wicked? Plus: Is Emma Dorothy?

1 | Emma and Henry have made a very nice life for themselves in NYC, complete with a snazzy new wardrobe for the bail bondswoman. Also, Chris Gorham’s (Covert Affairs) character is a very big part of their world.

2 | Hook is relentless in his quest to make Emma believe the fantastical truth, and he’s got a couple of tricks up his leather sleeve to help him convince her of her origins. There’s also much comedy to be found in his (mis)adventures in the city.

3 | Flashbacks to one year ago reveal how the denizens of Storybrooke landed in a very convenient place once back in the Enchanted Forest, where they ran into multiple familiar faces — some of whom withhold a huge secret.

4 | Everyone will stick together in their travels in the Enchanted Forest — except for one character who forges out on his/her own.

5 | Someone gets locked up.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3 Spoilers — How Regina Meets Her Soul Mate

6 | Regina takes drastic measures to deal with the pain of missing Henry — while Snow White tries to play wingman for her frenemy.

7 | This line will make you LOL: “He smells of forest.”

8 | Belle has a plan….

9 | Multiple pieces of Once Upon a Time iconography make a triumphant return.

10 | There will be “monkey” business. And suffice to say, these winged primates have more (and scarier) “teeth” to ‘em than Margaret Hamilton’s ever did.

1. Amy says:

Wow, two big OUAT scoops in one day! I feel spoiled…(I guess the pun is intended) Thanks a lot for helping fill the hiatus ;0)

• StanJS says:

i know right. I loving it

• CC says:

There is totally an engagement ring on Emma’s plate (in the chocolate swirl).

• iamnicolye says:

If, Emma turns out to be ONCE’s Dorothy?! I just had to..
      Emma(Dorothy): Henry, we’re not in New York, anymore.
      Henry(Toto)L You got that right, Mom! Where are we going?!
      Emma: …to a place called Storybrooke.
      Henry: Where’s that?!
      Emma: I don’t know, but maybe this guy(Hook) could show us the way.
      All we need to do is follow the yellow brick road and hope Walsh doesn’t follow us there.

Moments later, Walsh shows up in SB as one of Zelena’s Winged Monkeys.
      Oh, sodding hell.

2. StanJS says:

Why Regina dissing Robin Hood? “He smell of forest” lol

3. Michu1945 says:

“The Queen might be evil, but I’m wicked.” – goosebumps

4. EJ386 says:

I really hope Chris Gorham isn’t going to be Emmas love intrest. I really like the actor but with Neal and Hook it’s enough and to easy.

5. Ana says:

Cannot wait!!! So excited about what’s to come – the WIcked Witch and what she’ll bring out in our beloved regulars but especially excited about what’s in store for Emma and Hook! Their story has stolen my heart and I have a feeling it might get very, very epic :)

6. nate says:

I WANNA SEE THE FLYING MONKEYS!!!!!

7. Gil says:

Emma and her plaids pants and shirts and what else lol – looks like he could be her new guy (but dont worry Hook is here and maybe a jealous Hook?) – and i think the new guy is working for the witch

Go Hook!!! You find Emma… and get her home! He wont up. It will be funny to see how Hook is in NY and things he sees and encounters

Hook forges out maybe – to make a plan to find Emma…. when you love them… you find them…. Or Belle she fits that.

I am looking forward to Snow and Regina scenes… i want to see them bond

Regina and Robin lol

Rumpel gets locked up?

• courtney says:

So excited for this show to come back. Looking forward to the Misadventures of Hook lol.. Just LOVE HIM!! And love him and Emma. Can’t wait for more Snow and Regina!! Excited for Regina finally meeting Robin Hood and how it will happen. Excited for more Belle and is it just me or does Neal/Baelfire look HOT in his FTL clothes!!!! 😉

8. Chris says:

Belle has a plan? WHAT COULD GO WRONG.

9. Louise says:

The Regina and Snow spoiler sounds amazing. I cannot wait for that.

10. ihr says:

I miss Regina so much, i’m looking forward seeing her and Snow and the rest interact.

11. Irene says:

So Emma will have ANOTHER love interest?Seriously?Aren’t Neal and Hook enough?

12. JoRo says:

I think the new dude is playing Emma and in with the witch, i dont think he is going to THE guy to last lol

Hook <3 For Emma he will do anything!

Finally some Snow and Regina scenes
    Robin and Regina meet

Belle or Hook might forge out their own plan to find the one they love

• Lily says:

Actually, it is probably Neal who separates from the rest of the group…. much to the chagrin of Snow White and Prince Charming.

• jerrired says:

Yeah Neal is my guess too, and he’s the one to get locked up. it seems like the writers are finally making him fight for Emma, but it looks like it won’t end good for him.

13. Jess says:

“8Belle has a plan….”

This has me the most excited!!! I really hope she has a bigger role this time.

14. JoRo says:

Could this new dude also be a flying monkey to trap Emma in the NY and not get back to SB as in the witch’s orders

15. Jus says:

Regina and Snow! YES!
    Neverland was so disappointing and didn’t offer anything interesting for their relationship. But this spoiler sounds great.

16. Sarah says:

Belle has a plan? I’m excited for this!! I hope she gets more screen time this time around!!

I’m much more interested in the Enchanted Forest stuff than I am in the NY stuff.

17. Jake says:

Have we gotten any more clues about the death that is coming up?

18. Mary says:

So maybe Robin Hood did teach Snow how to use a bow, set traps, etc. Awesome!

19. sara says:

11. Yes, there will be MORE surprise relatives

20. Kampa says:

What about rumple??? How did he survive??

21. Babybop says:

I’m so excited! My Sunday nights have been so dull.

22. Len84 says:

The new guy is definately has to be working with the witch, so no i dont count him as a love interest just a fleeting dude till he gets found out… more angst more Hook and Emma/Hook i guess ;)

Regina and Snow bond i so want to see, i hope Regina can be genuine without the sass at times when with Snow even though i do like the sass

I am thinking Rumpel is locked up and Belle has a plan to get to him or something

Smells of forest lol

23. Kaylee says:

I can’t wait for the FTL flashbacks. I love that they’re back “home”. I wish they’d stay there instead of STorybrooke.

I want to know what plan Belle has! Is is about the Wicked Witch? Glad to hear she has a part in the premiere. More Belle, pls.

24. Regina remembers Henry? I thought the spell makes them forget?

• Aly says:

Nope, only Henry and Emma ‘forgot’. Everyone else remembers everything whilst back in FTL. But when the new curse is cast, THEN people can’t remember the past year (the one in FTL).

25. Len84 says:

Hook rides off in a horse to find Emma…. like Charming did in the first episode to find Snow
    Why else is Hook on a horse?

26. Aly says:

Some interesting points here. I’m especially looking forward to #6. Regina and Snow’s relationship needs to have more development in the present-day.

27. Anne says:

Can’t Hook just go and leave the show? I can’t stand more of him.

28. Diana says:

I can’t wait to see Hook vs New York Jungle, that is going to be soo funny!!… A new love interest? Give me jealous Hook!! March 9th can’t arrive soon enough!!

29. A says:

Not a single one of those spoilers does a thing for me. I miss being excited about this show.

30. A says:

As much Hook as possible please! Thank you!

31. Jennifer says:

Regina and Snow!!! Best part of the article. More of them, please.

32. Missy Kelly says:

Where is Rumple? and Please Network Programming Scheduling people – after that Emmy worthy winter finale episode, please figure out how to schedule programs so that they have their entire 13, 18, or 22 episode run without a break and then the summer/spring series can fill the void by also not having a break.

33. LEP says:

Now that Snow is in the Enchanted Forest but knows of her life in Storybrooke, I think she can safely cut her hair!

34. Name That Tune says:

19 days until the return of OUAT!

35. Pat says:

Cannot wait for the start-up of this show. My Sunday nights have been boring these past couple of weeks. So let March begin!!!!!!

36. K Beans says:

Is Aurora’s hair getting even darker?

• HereThere says:

She dyed her hair for a project and she looks great as red. I was surprised they didn’t use full blonde wig but put red extension. it’s rather bizarre that Aurora’s hair just changed between season. Guess enchanted forest has magic to do that!

37. Joey says:

There has been so much Hook floating around since the writers are convinced that he alone can increase ratings. I can’t stand what he’s turned into this season. Now even just the sight of him makes me literally want to vomit from anger.

38. abz says:

Aww, how come there aren’t any funny captions :(

39. abz says:

Can’t wait for the show to come back.
    Really looking forward to seeing Hook in NYC LOL! I’m sure it’ll be hilarious.
    So excited to see Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch and I seriously can’t wait for all this Evil vs. Wicked drama!!

40. Amber says:

Hook would be ok if the obsession/fandom weren’t so horribly annoying. It makes it hard to enjoy the show

• Laur says:

I agree Amber. I definitely back Bae, however I’m ok with Hook. It’s when I get on here and read these obsessive comments that I get turned off by him. I wish fans would just let the show go where it’s supposed to and accept storylines for what they are. I felt this way when I watched Lost, as well.

• Amber says:

Exactly, thank you. The obsession and rudeness Hook fans show other fans of the show is a complete turn off . I wasn’t crazy about Hook before, but I didn’t dislike him. But now its hard to enjoy him

• Cinderfella says:

So thankful to read yours and Laur’s comments because I feel the same way and so tired of reading so many comments on this and other boards of their obsession. I has caused me to dislike him more and more by their relentlessness over it. I have grown so tired and weary of his personality traits and find it so hard to see what they see in him now.

41. Amyy says:

All of this jabbering about everything else…did no one notice that Hook HAS TWO HANDS???!?!?!?

• Lily says:

Hook is wear a prosthetic hand, instead of his hook. He was wearing it in the final scene, of 3.11. He apparently knows, that even in New York City, people would stare at him, otherwise ;)

42. Alice says:

Is that blood on Charmings shirt right after the pics of Aurora fleeing- sigh- did they kill Phillip…again???

• Petter says:

They wear the same outfits they did when the curse was cast. Charming was wounded in a sword fight (the reason David started out in a coma), so the blood on this shirt is old.

• xav says:

Except they’re not. Charming is the only one in the same outfit.

• Anna says:

Regina is in the same outfit too. Snow isn’t presumably because she was wearing nothing but a nightgown back then and in the BTS pictures, Ginny clearly had a little bump whereas Snow isn’t supposed to be pregnant yet. The dwarfs look like they’re in their typical FTL clothes, Neal obviously wouldn’t fit into his 14 year old clothes and we have no clue that the others were wearing back then.

• Lily says:

Belle was obviously wearing that skimpy prison outfit, when Regina cast the Dark Curse…. but I can see why wardrobe would not dress her in that.

• xav says:

No she isn’t. She’s in the outfit from Skin Deep. It’s NOT the same as the one she wore when the curse was cast.

43. justsaying says:

Captain Swan!dinner date. DIES

44. Carol says:

Looks like a lot of Hook – Hooray! Love Hook and Emma and I think he is her happy ending!

45. Marg' says:

No but seriously ? Another love interest for Emma ? Come on, after having Creepy Tamara, we are going to have Walsh around ? The Captain Swanfire triangle is nice, don’t need to be a squarrel ! And I DO hope that is not a way to push Hook out of the picture so they can kill him…

• Lily says:

Walsh might just end up being the Season 3 equivalent of Tamara…. an evil, false love interest, working for the Big Bad.

46. franz says:

HOOK AND EMMA OH MY GOD thank you!

47. Amanda Damiao says:

More Hook the better!!!! Captain Swan is sooo on !!!

48. luvi says:

my captain is back love me sum captain swan and to the haters booooooooooooooooooo!!1

49. Marlene says:

I think Walsh (Christopher Gorham) is a flying monkey in disguise

50. The previews and spoilers look like fun, but I have only one thing to say: if Rumple is gone, so am I.