Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Release Date Set (Hint: You'll Be Busy in Early June)

Get More: Scheduling News

Orange Is the New Black Season 2 Release DateWe know what you’ll be doing this summer — the first weekend of June, specifically.

Netflix will release the second season of Orange Is the New Black on Friday, June 6.

RELATED | Is Laura Prepon Returning to Orange is the New Black or Not?

As first reported by Buzzfeed (and confirmed by TVLine), the stealth announcement came via an ad at the end of House of Cards‘ Season 2 finale (HoC S2 dropped Friday at midnight).

Plan your summer vacation accordingly.

Comments (26)

• Really don’t know if I can handle waiting that long. But looking forward to seeing what happens to Piper after she beats Pennsatucky. Girl needs a break already!!

Comment by Lindi – February 15, 2014 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My guess, extended sentence. They’ve got to keep her in prison somehow.

Comment by dude – February 15, 2014 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My guess: nothing. The only witness was Sam Healy, who can’t admit he witnessed it and didn’t intervene, and Pennsatucky, who certainly won’t snitch.

Comment by Simon Jester – February 15, 2014 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea I’ll be busy in early June because I run a fireworks store sooooo, I gotta wait another month and a half

Comment by aplwrites – February 15, 2014 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Hemlock Grove Season 2? It’s the only original Netflix series that interests me.

Comment by alistaircrane – February 15, 2014 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Said one person ever.

Comment by Teag – February 15, 2014 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Said two people ever! :P

Comment by Kate M. – February 15, 2014 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No need to be a snob, Teag. I’m not interested in watching a show about prisoners or Washington, but I do enjoy a good supernatural horror story.

Comment by alistaircrane – February 15, 2014 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you’re not interested in “watching a show about prisoners,” then why comment here when the story is clearly about OITNB and not Hemlock Grove? Just asking…

Comment by YouConfuseMe – February 15, 2014 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Because it would make sense to include information about Hemlock Grove in this article, considering Season 1 of HG debuted before this show. Duh.

Comment by alistaircrane – February 15, 2014 01:45 PM PDT
          • The article is about OITNB… NOT Hemlock Grove. DUH.

Comment by YouConfuseMe – February 15, 2014 06:00 PM PDT
  • I’m pretty sure they’d report that date if there was one, right?

Comment by Danyelle – February 15, 2014 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they going to release the whole season that day?

Comment by Annie – February 15, 2014 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on who is getting a back story episode this season? I want to see a Morello and Poussey episode

Comment by ggny – February 15, 2014 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not Alex. Boo.

Comment by Leigh – February 15, 2014 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE have a Suzanne back story!!

Comment by Aleksa – February 15, 2014 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know what I’ll be doing on my birthday (June 6th)

Comment by Elyse – February 15, 2014 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey June 6 is my birthday! Wonderful!

Comment by Clara Johnson (@claramjAnnaTorv) – February 15, 2014 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait…love this show.

Comment by Kenya Hayes – February 20, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant wait too see season 2 they left us hanging have to wait so long for it to be released another 3 months :*(

Comment by claire – March 3, 2014 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seriously watched all of season 1 today. It was so good and I could not stop watching. Has anyone read the book and is their going to be parts in the book or does the book cover everything? I may get the book instead of waiting for season two to find out what happens

Comment by Britt – March 4, 2014 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for June 6th I’m addicted

Comment by Jessica – March 12, 2014 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought for sure that it was coming back on in april now its april an I hear june 6th. Love the show cant wait!

Comment by Ashley – April 7, 2014 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope they will finally take that menendez guard down altogether ughh he’s a jerk!! And hopefully we get to see what happens with the baby coming.

Comment by anna – April 9, 2014 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post