ABC Family Cancels Ravenswood

ravenswood-s1-pilotRavenswood has given up the ghost.

ABC Family has cancelled the Pretty Little Liars spin-off, TVLine has learned.

RELATEDPretty Little Liars Set for PaleyFest Panel

The supernatural drama followed the spooky goings-on in a Pennsylvania town and starred Liars‘ Tyler Blackburn.

In light of the cancellation, Ravenswood‘s Feb. 4 episode, which wrapped its 10-episode freshman season, was also its series finale.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the cancellation.

1. Cate53 says:

The whole ‘unending search for answers that just leads to more questions’ theme that PLL has kept going for 4 years was already getting tired on Ravenswood. The only characters I cared about were Caleb and Miranda, the rest were tedious and I just didn’t care about the mystery enough. Hope Caleb returns to PLL now

2. Andrew Hass says:

I’m sorry for the people who worked on Ravenswood but i’m not surprised by the cancellation.I’m also sure that Caleb will be back on PPL sooner rather than later.Also when Caleb returns PPL could have him say things didn’t work in Ravenswood and now he’s back because Hanna needs him.

3. Sam says:

I liked it but I’m not surprised or that disappointed. When Hanna visited, I realized that’s exactly what the show is missing, the Liars. I’m obsessed with PLL and it could never compare. Now Tyler Blackburn can return to PLL.

4. I didn’t get into pretty little liers or never watched rw but very sad to hear lying games is gone I really liked that one

5. That sucks…it was a little slow at first, but I liked it.

6. ryce says:

Can’t believe PLL is still airing, that show is so ridicules and silly, but then again, that’s what they like.

7. April says:

I’m in the minority here but I loved Ravenswood. I couldn’t sit through 1 episode of PLL. I guess everyone gets what they wanted now-Caleb coming back to hold Hannah’s purse and telling her how awesome she is and having Tyler Blackburn reduced to standing around looking pretty and kissing Ashleys character while the female cast does all the actual acting.

8. Adriana says:

noooooooo!!! I actually really liked the show… and I hate cliffhanger endings…
    i wanted caleb and miranda together, though I am aware I’m not in the mayority.

9. It really sucks that this show was cancelled. Poor Tyler will now go back to Pretty Little Liars where his character Caleb will pretty much be an afterthought since that’s what they love to do on that show. They don’t balance well at all and drop characters in only to have them disappear and never be heard from again.

10. Tee says:

I don’t think I made it through the second episode.

I kept meaning to check it out again because people said the storyline actually moved along unlike PLL, but ugh, just didn’t seem to draw me in at all.

11. Gabby says:

Not surprised. I tried to watch this show but OMG so boring. Didn’t like any of the main characters plus the ghost thing was just idiotic. I don’t watch PLL but I stumbled across this and figured I’d give it a chance since I usually like horror type shows…but wow this sucked.

12. Rach says:

Can we just get the lying game back, I like Ravenswood. I don’t agree with twisted it’s been there done that kind of show.

13. Ang says:

The thing I hated most about PLL was the inclusion of Grunwald and the psychic element, but I feel like they only included that to have a basis for the spin off. So hopefully all of that will end on PLL. Now Caleb needs to come back, pair up with Toby and they can open their own private eye agency. There’s your spin off.

14. Dmac says:

Wasn’t too surprised, when the writers kill off a main character and quite frankly one of the only interesting ones and make her a ghost. They were trying to be clever but it just feel flat.

15. Beckers0505@yahoo.com says:

Sorry but woo hoo! I never understood how PLL could not be supernatural and Ravenswood was…I tried to like it and couldn’t…I hope he is back to PLL!

• RobMF says:

I just hope they sneak in a plausible answer to the ending of Ravenswood into Pretty Little Liars. Otherwise what are we supposed to do? Act like it just never happened? There is too much crossover for that to be possible.

16. A says:

Wish they would bring back Make it or Break it

• Andrea says:

My biggest problem with Make it or Break it was that a lot of the cast left and moved on leaving a huge gap in the show. I don’t think that they should’ve done the last season, that left a really bad taste in my mouth.

17. ValentineRex says:

The UK??s record industry trade body the BPI has secured a new court order forcing UK Internet Service Providers to block a further 21 file-sharing websites. The BPI??s original action was against The Pirate Bay last year: The BPI??s Geoff Taylor said that the organisation had attempted to work with the sites newly added to the UK internet blacklist, but all had refused. He said in a statement: “We asked the sites to stop infringing copyright but unfortunately they did not and we were left with little choice but to apply to the court”. The full list of newly blocked sites is as follows: Abmp3. BeeMP3, Bomb-Mp3, FileCrop, FilesTube, Mp3Juices, eMp3World, Mp3lemon, Mp3Raid, Mp3skull, NewAlbumReleases, Rapidlibrary., 1337x, BitSnoop, ExtraTorrent, Monova, TorrentCrazy, TorrentDownloads, TorrentHound, Torrentreactor and Torrentz

18. Connie says:

Eh, I tried, but I couldn’t. Sorry to say I’m not going to miss Ravenswood. I’m still bitter about Nine Lives of Chloe King :( They should bring that and The Lying Game back.

19. Andrea says:

I think that Caleb should go back to Rosewood, but kinda have him and Hanna in the background for a while, give the audience some kind of anticipation. I’d also like to see him have his own storyline and become more involved in the plot. That way his character can come back for an actual reason, not just to be Hanna’s little carry-on.

20. Karen says:

Really irritating that they’re going to end Ravenswood with no ending. All serial television shows should HAVE to have at least one episode to wrap-up if they’re cancelled, to give the fans some satisfaction and respect.

21. Blake says:

A series ending would’ve been nice. However, I’m not nearly as devastated by this news as I was about the sudden cancellation of KYLE XY!

22. Kay says:

Not surprised at all. It was boring, like The Secret Circle.

23. Wooster182 says:

Please promise this means Caleb is headed straight back to Hanna. I can’t hardly take their separation!

24. Flychick86 says:

Wow! I read where some peeps on IMDB said it would probably get canceled soon.

25. Mad says:

First they stop allowing to watch their shows for free online and now they cancel ravenswood… wowwwww no wonder no one wants to watch anymore. Abc family is so stupid for doing that.

26. Don’t take it off the air. I love this show!

27. Bird says:

Please think twice about cancelling Ravenswood. This show quickly became one of my favorite shows and don’t feel like you gave it adequate time to gain popularity. You have a show with a really unique storyline so give it a chance. Besides, do you know how crazy it makes people to cancel a storyline when you’ve been left with a season finale where you cant wait for answers? come on guys, give Ravenswood a break.

28. Bird says:

first it was the 9lives of Chloe King then The lying game, now Ravenswood? come on who is sitting on the golden throne making the decisions for the public. Why don’t you dump some of your more mundane shows and keep these shows with actual storylines.

29. Kayla says:

Totally breaks my heart Ravenswood was cancelled.. What a let down ABC…. Hope he at least gets back on PLL.. SMH……..

30. Kayla says:

And I couldn’t agree more with some of these comments. At freaking give us a last show to wrap it up.. That was an amazing cast… And for the love of the people send Caleb back to Hannah were he belongs!!!!!!!

31. T says:

SECRET CIRCLE!

32. amanda says:

They should not have cancelled Ravenswood..they keep canceling shows I watch without ever telling us what happens. I need to find out how it ends!!

33. amber says:

Ravenswood was a awesome show they could of at lest ended with what happened. I watch PLL to and love it but iI think their going a little far with it. They cant keep going on with the show like they are. I think Ravenswood would of made it. They need to give a show 2 to 3 season before cancelling it. It just leaves the people that watched hanging. I hate when they cancelle shows. I watch Twisted to but Ravenswood is still a whole lot better then it. ABC Family is dumb.

34. madison says:

I didnt like Ravenswood as much. I did watch it to keep up with Caleb, though. I think if theyre going to have a spinoff, they should start it AFTER Pretty Little Liars.

35. nichole corwin says:

: ( I loved Ravenswood! I am pretty devastated to learn that they won’t be making more. Guess I will have to make up my own ending. : (

36. nichole corwin says:

They should at least do one last episode to end it properly.

37. I hope Ravenswood does comes back and soon. It was a great series, and they still left a lot of questions open. It was very suspenseful and entertaining and I love the tie in with PLL! Bring it back! (:

38. brandi says:

This sucks. I really did enjoy the show… I hope they decide to bring it back.

39. wendy says:

That really sucks it should be pretty little liars it has got old bring back on ravenswood…….please

40. Shelly Platz says:

boo!! I liked that show!!

41. Karen Byrd says:

I liked that show. How dare you