Ratings: Rake Holds Steady Vs. Winter Olympics

Get More: News, Ratings, Sports

rake_sc48_243Fox’s Rake pulled off the improbable this Thursday night, holding steady in the demo — with a 1.1 rating — opposite the mighty Winter Olympics.

In total viewers, the freshman drama dipped just 6 percent, to 4 million.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Opening Fox’s night, American Idol (9.9 mil/2.9) dipped 11 percent and two tenths week-to-week.

RELATED | American Idol Judges Will Cut 5 Guys, 5 Girls Next Week — Before They Sing a Note!

NBC’s aforementioned Olympics coverage on Thursday averaged 22.9 mil and a 5.9 — up from Wednesday but off 9 and 17 percent from the comparable night in Vancouver 2010.

RELATED | Olympics Watch: What Was Your Favorite Moment From Sochi 2014, Day 6?

RELATED | Meredith Vieira Pulls Olympics Duty, First Woman Ever to Serve as Solo Host

ABC’s penultimate The Taste (3 mil/0.9) shed a few eyeballs and a tenth in the demo.

Comments (7)

• I LOVE RAKE! I LOVE HOW GREG KINNEAR PLAYS HIM. THE SHOW IS FUNNY BUT HE IS A SMART LAWYER. PLEASE GIVE THIS SHOW A CHANCE TO FIND MORE VIEWERS. IT IS A VERY ENTERTAINING PROGRAM.

Comment by Nancy – February 14, 2014 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to agree with Nancy. I watched the show for the first time yesterday and really liked it! It was funny and smart. I think the audience should give it a chance.

Comment by chitown_mimi – February 14, 2014 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, just did not find the character interesting. Being a jerk just for the sake of being a jerk seems like a calculated move on the writer’s or network’s part. Didn’t buy it.

Comment by Stathies Mouratis – February 14, 2014 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Normally I’m a sucker for the Winter Olympics but this year, I’m just not that interested. Rake didn’t seem that funny in the previews but I may give it a shot since I do like Greg Kinnear.

Comment by Mary – February 14, 2014 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried rake for two episodes, sorry just don’t want to spend my hour being annoyed at someone else’s problems

Comment by Jake – February 14, 2014 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is the show categorized as a comedy? I would consider it to a dramedy. That said, I also hope that Fox gives the show a fair shot. Kinnear is charming, and the entire feel of the show seems to me to be different than just about anything currently on network TV.

Comment by HAP – February 14, 2014 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very entertaining show. Greg Kinnnear is great as Rake and the character’s gaining mire depth. Plus he’s just plain funny. Hope the show gets a chance!

Comment by Deborah – February 24, 2014 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post