Showtime's Extended Penny Dreadful Trailer Is Not For the Easily Spooked

Get More: Video

Helpful tip: Watch this extended trailer for Showtime’s upcoming Penny Dreadful with the lights on… and maybe not so soon after you’ve eaten.

Because once you press PLAY on the video below, you’ll be subjected to bugs, blood, monsters, nudity, severed limbs, group sex, blood, severe creepiness (in a good way), contorted bodies, at least two Bond alumni and more blood.

RELATED | Showtime Boss Shares Dreadful News

The eight-episode literary horror story from John Logan (Skyfall, Gladiator) stars Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor), Eva Green (Casino Royale) and Timothy Dalton (The Living Daylights) and includes characters from classic fright fests like Dracula and Frankenstein.

Penny Dreadful premieres on Sunday, May 11 at 10/9c.

Comments (16)

• It looks like American Horror Story on Steroids!
    And I, for one, cannot wait!

Comment by WayneInNYC – February 14, 2014 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was oddly boring.

Comment by Kate – February 14, 2014 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After three seasons of AHS, there’s really little that Ryan Murphy can do to actually scare audiences. And let’s be honest, Coven wasn’t *scary*, it was just an entertaining blood bath.

So this looks like a fresh perspective on the genre, while also creepy and scary.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – February 14, 2014 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AHS was never scary. It was always more of a bloody drama with comedic elements than a horror show.

Comment by dude – February 14, 2014 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny Dreadful, one full trailer and already scaring audiences more than three seasons of AHS..

Comment by Kaycee – February 14, 2014 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Billie Piper is also in this!

Comment by Emily – February 14, 2014 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no desire to see this.

Comment by CourtTV – February 14, 2014 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to watch this. Since I’ve read about the project I’ve been super excited!

Comment by Olivia – February 14, 2014 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • was that supposed to dracula at the end?

Comment by Michael Lee Kirk – February 14, 2014 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More likely the Creature (from Frankenstein).

Comment by Simon Jester – February 15, 2014 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What was so scary about this?

Comment by Sarahliz – February 14, 2014 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all over this one. My type of show.

Comment by Steve – February 15, 2014 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still want to see this but it might be too gross for me…

Comment by Autumn – February 15, 2014 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the trailer featured more Billie Piper… She’s the reason I’m sort of interested in this.

Comment by Brennan – February 15, 2014 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The trailer looks gorgeous…reminds me a bit of hannibal, with its mix of bloody gore and stunning visuals.

Comment by Ani – February 15, 2014 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post