The CW Issues Early Renewals to Supernatural, Reign, The Originals and 2 Other Series

The CW Renewals 2014The CW is getting an early jump on the 2014-15 season, issuing early renewals to five series, including freshman dramas The Originals and Reign.

The network is also bringing back established hits Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Arrow for Season 10, Season 6 and Season 3, respectively.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Renewed? What’s on the Bubble?

“This season we’ve had great success with our new hit series The Originals paired with Supernatural, giving us our best Tuesday nights in years,” said CW prez Mark Pedowitz in a statement. “The Vampire Diaries is No. 2 in its time period in the young adult demos, and with Arrow continuing to gain among young men, and Reign growing its time period, we now have strong nights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I’m very pleased to announce early pickups for all five series, and let our fans know they’ll have more great drama to look forward to next season.”

Additional pickups could come closer to the May upfronts, so don’t administer last rites to The Carrie Diaries, Hart of Dixie, The Tomorrow People and Beauty and the Beast just yet.

Which renewal are you most excited/relieved about? Hit the comments!

1. Jess says:

I’m SO excited The Originals got renewed!!

2. Bob Johnson says:

Why all the hub-bub? The CW, a sub-standard network, doesn’t have the same pressure as the other networks, so they can continue to renew sub-standard shows for years.

• Except for the part where the CW has some shows that are far better than any of the substandard crap aired on some of the larger networks.

I’d much rather watch a good and well acted show like Arrow, Tomorrow People or Supernatural, than watch crap like SHIELD.

3. Mikael says:

Good for the Originals!! I think in its first season it has surpassed TVD, like Angel did to Buffy. TVD is all about Elena going back and forth from Damon to Stefan and back again. Characters die and then come back a few episodes later. The Originals has such a great atmosphere in New Orleans and the witches vs vampires vs werewolves is great. Not to mention there’s no annoying love triangle.

4. Linda Eisenstadt says:

Hart of Dixie is always sweet, upbeat, the characters are enjoyable and lovable; the entire production is easy to produce and it endures! Renew it now!

5. Mishelle says:

that’s awesome…but they have to renew Beauty and the Beast and Hart of Dixie!! Those are 2 of my favorite shows!!

6. Mike says:

So happy Supernatural is coming back best show on television! Also watch The Originals and The Vampire Diaries!

7. joanne t says:

Happy Arrow got renewed, now waiting on Beauty and the Beast and The Tomorrow People
    then I will be totally happy. Three great fantastic shows.

8. L says:

Great news for all the shows and congrats to their fans for getting another season.

The only one of those shows that I watch anymore is Supernatural, but if Castiel(Misha) isn’t back for the 10th season then I’ll probably just say goodbye to the CW completely at that point. But here’s hoping for a great 10th season for the show (may it be better than most of Season 9 has been) with lots of Cas&Misha in it, and maybe even some really great Dean&Cas and Team Free Will moments too.

9. Phantom says:

I am a 67 year old female and I love the following shows: The Tomorrow People, Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Reign, The Originals, Beauty and the Beast (I like it better this season as it has gotten more involved in different aspects). I also liked The Secret Circle which got cancelled. The CW has really gotten better with their shows. It is becoming my favorite channel so far this year. Really looking forward to Star-Crossed and The 100 also. Please keep up the good work……and don’t cancel any of these shows that we are so invested in. There is nothing worse than getting interested in a show and then they cancel it. Good work so far CW.

10. rachelle says:

So happy about Reign, Arrow, The Originals, and TVD. I like HoD but not the best season but it’s like the only none supernatural show on this channel and I liked that. The Carrie Diaries I liked didn’t love but the last episode was kind of like a final and I felt like that was a good ending. I don’t watch TTP but only cause I watch too many shows already but a lot of things got canceled, having there last season or just got to bad for me to watch so I want it to get renewed so I can watch it. I really want Flash to do good when it does air. So that leaves little hope for TTP and as much as I love Matt lanter Star-whatever doesn’t look good. And if the 100 doesn’t do good too then TTP will probably get renewed. I have no opinion on Supernatural since I haven’t seen an episode of it but my friend watches it and likes it so… YAY for her.

11. Coco says:

Stoked about Reign being renewed!! I was really beginning to hate this show because each episode leaves me wanting for more. I survive the week by watching past episodes multiple times. And at 44, I’m way past the target demographic too :)

12. Supernatural! Season 10? Oh yeah baby bring it on… Everyone at Tears of Crimson is super hyped about the renewal!

13. Kiirst (not full name) says:

YES for Reign, Arrow, and Supernatural (I already knew about the renewals, just felt like sharing my enjoyment). I was worried about getting addicted to Reign but now that it’s been renewed I can relax. It’s my new guilty pleasure. And I started Arrow 2 weeks ago… love it! Thanks CW!

14. Michelle says:

I’ve completely lost interest in TVD. I like Beauty and the Beast, but I guess I won’t be too upset if it gets cancelled. My mom really enjoys HoD and The Tomorrow People so please renew those! :)

15. Jenny says:

I’m so happy about the shows coming back i hope beauty and the beast, the tomorrow people are coming back.

16. abby says:

I am so in love with Beauty and The Beast!!! Its my favorite show after Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

17. Cece says:

I AM THRILLLLLLLLED FOR REIGN!!! Cant WAIT til “next season already & I AM SOOOO HAPPY that Season 1 doesn’t end til May!!! I didn’t know HOD was going to be such a hit … but I will def start watching it now!! THANK YOU CW for NOT cancelling these shows ~ I was hoping I wasn’t the ONLY person enjoying REIGN!! I LOVE IT & ITS DEF DIFFERENT THAN ALLLL those stupid reality, crime, CSI etc… shows!! I always look to watch anything but those!!! Thanks CW Keep up the GREAT work.

18. Carmen says:

Renew BATB!!! Please!!! I’m addicted to this show and don’t know what I’d do without it!!!!

19. abby says:

I really hope Beauty and The Beast gets picked for renewal….every time I get really into a show the CW cancels it….and its ALWAYS at a very CRUCIAL part of the story line…PLEASE dont do this to me again!!!

20. Lizzie says:

I love reign. I think it’s one of the best show CW has done in years. Just the right mix of game of thrones and Tudors. Would like to see it “age” a little more into an 18-32 age range show instead of a 14-18 age range! But I have still enjoyed it! Hopefully 4 more renewals to go? ;) I love vampire diaries, still one of the better shows on CW… Love Delana. Carrie diaries can’t really go anywhere due to the ending already being written in sex and the city… Beauty and the beast never caught on… Cancel it. Heart of Dixie I wanted to like so much but I just can’t.. It’s lacking age and maturity, it feels corny.

21. Steph says:

SOOO excited about Reign! It’s a brilliant show and the consummation episode was the best yet! Go team Francis!!!

22. patricia sullivan says:

Renew BEAUTY AND THE BEAST please !

23. Heidi says:

So glad to see Supernatural back again! I’m loving Tuesdays starting with The Originals and then Supernatural. Vampire diaries is still awesome too!

• patricia sullivan says:

I am glad for Supernatural, Reign, The Originals and Arrow but I want Beauty and the Beast renewed !

24. Kat says:

Our family would rather see Beauty and the Beast and the Tomorrow People than another season of Vampire Diaries and Supernatural. We used to like them but they ran their time and it’s time for some new material. I have to say though our family watches more series from CW than any other network :)

25. Samantha says:

I Really Want To See Another Season of The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, and the Originals!!!!! These are the 3 main show’s I watch!!! Won’t need t.v. if these shows don’t have another season!!!!

26. Barend says:

AAAAA my word, Supernatural’s coming back, Reign’s amazing, and Arrow…it’s just awesome!

27. Chris says:

I have just started watching The Tomorrow People. It just keeps getting better. It has so much potential. I love the writing, you think one thing is going to happen, but then it turns out to be something else. Please give it one more season.

28. CAROL says:

STOP PUSHING HOMOSEXUAL PERVERSION ON YOUR SHOWS… YOU WILL LOSE MILLIONS OF VIEWERS.

29. Abs says:

So glad Reign, The Originals and Arrow are renewed! Please renew Star Crossed!!

30. JM says:

Super pumped about Supernatural!! My favorite show!

31. Tracy says:

Big names walked off the ORG, so wtf is gonna happen with that? I hope it’s all part of Julie plecs future plans!

32. carla says:

Yay!!!! Vampire Diaries!!!!! I just love the characters. They are very well made. They make you want to tune in every week and scream MORE MORE!!!!!

33. JayKay says:

I finally start watching something on CW and now I see it’s still in a bubble :( Please don’t cancel The Tomorrow People! I loved the original English one when I was younger, and I am just getting into the remake. At least give it another season to grow.

34. prafful v h says:

i want tomorrow people to be renewed…love 3 t’s

35. Cass says:

Please renew Beauty and the Beast!!! VinCat!!!

36. Kambiria says:

Supernatural!!!

37. April Bair says:

👻👻👻👻👻

38. Chris says:

I LOVE Reign!! I’m so happy it was renewed!! I have loved The Vampire Diaries from the beginning but somewhere along the way the show took a terrible detour & has never recovered. Hart Of Dixie – I blame Joel.

39. why are people already trying to get rid of, Star Crossed?
    I love this show and it has been a long time since I have actually liked anything from, The CW.
    Beauty and The Beast… good show, the writers could be a little more to the original but, remakes are just that… honestly, I think I could do a better job at it..
    Never get someone to write about a show they barely were old enough to know in the first place. Always get someone that knows the concept and, would be able to twist it into a new show without losing the bases.
    Star Crossed is perfect… it is not a twist, it just IS.
    And, it is perfect because, lets face it people… their love story is a tale as old as time
    Two different, “races” coming together and fighting the odds?
    Honestly, I think that using ALIENS is better then “all human” because, racism this point in time, IS so alien.
    Keep the show, at least give it another season or two….
    You could do so much with it……

40. Ray says:

TTP for the win I love the tomorrow people from the original series to the new save the tomorrow people and I also agree secret circle loved that show.

41. nikki says:

I love The Vampire Diaries! I love The Originals! I love Reign! I love Star Crossed! And The 100 is getting interesting. I think I’ll give it a chance. And I also love Once Upon A Time on ABC!

42. nikki says:

I also agree that The Secret Circle should have been given a chance. Because I loved that show too!

43. Linda Eisenstadt says:

Keep Hart of Dixie! It is funny, cute, sweet and always entertaining!

44. erin says:

what’s up with this CW Predictions: ‘The Tomorrow People,’ ‘Star Crossed,’ ‘Beauty & The Beast’ & ‘The Carrie Diaries’ Will All Be Canceled

45. dolphinboo says:

awesome news about Supernatural and Reign. Supernatural is my favorite show ever and Reign is awesome and i can’t wait to see the new seasons of both.

46. Leslie says:

I hope HOD gets renewed. It’s the only show on the CW that I watch… The only good shows with a supernatural element that I could get into have all been on cable.

• 5654funny says:

The cw network needs us viewers watching their programming shows on their network and if you keep watch TVD Thr Orginals and many more shows on their network then the shows will be renewed for many seasons and the series will continue to grow

For TVD Juile plec want to reveals some things about Jermey Gilbert parents like how we see Jermey dad used work at asylum/augustine. And other pieces to katherina past has revealed that katherina father used to and was a traveler and now I see that got the viewers sacred so I think it is time to say a goodbye to the travelers because crazy and messed up and somehow the travlers are connected to silas but how are the travlers still here while silas is on the other side

I do beileve that silas got angry and all mad at katherina because she was suppose to stay in hell with him and remain their and the other part is silas maybe katherina brother/stepbrother/uncle or a distance relative or what exactly a what katherina story is incompelte so we need katherina back

• Leslie says:

Why would I watch TVD(the is the vampire one right?) or any of the other shows when I don’t enjoy them. I actually like HOD (hart of Dixie) it is cute and funny.

• 5654funny says:

Leslie
          Then all of the TVD Cast and crew will get very upset that you aren’t willing to watch to their show on the cw network they just did a spin off the orginals and so far the orginals got renewed for a second season and if viewers are still watching it then it will get renewed for future seasons and juile plec started out loving the TVD And the Orginals And is working really hard and put the effort to these shows and you are a disappontment to them and I am very upset with you

• erin says:

You Are A SICK PERSON AND YOU WILL BE FORECED TO WATCH THEM DO YOU WANT TO SEE ALL OF THE SHOWS CANCELED and especially hart of Dixie

YEAH TVD
          YEAH THE ORGINALS
          YEAH Supernatural
          YEAH ARROW
          YEAH TOMMROW PEOPLE
          COME ON STAR CROSSED
          COME ON HART OF DIXIE
          COME ON BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

47. erin says:

The other issues is the abc family has their shows on the same time as well with cw programming shows

I think the abc family and cw must come together and work together on what shows would be better off in the summer fall and winter

Pretty little lairs and beauty and the beast would defintely work in the summer lineup
    The Fosters and Twisted would work in the fall lineup

Right now beuaty and the beast and star crossed raitings are in serious danger with low raitngs but I think both of these shows would work better in the summer lineup May June July and Auguest

I think the cw network should have Hart of Dixie on Friday night and possibility Beauty And the beast

The cw network And Mark Pedowitz does not know that the abc family has the fosters on at 9pm following beauty and the beast on the cw and not to mention Tuesday schedule looks like Pretty Little Laires 8pm Twisted 9pm and Raveneswood 9pm Following The Originals at 8pm and Supernatural at 9pm

I think the abc family would be grateful to have their shows comedy shows on the weekend schedule and the meantime abc family and the cw network needs to have a plan on what shows would be placed for the winter lineup summer lineup fall lineup and spring lineup and its up to the cancellation bear to decide on what shows would work out with this new schedule on the cw network and abc family too

And ANTM WOULD BE PLACED ON OXGEN FOR THE 21 CYCLE

Beauty And The Beast would work great at 8pm on Monday nights than 9pm

I think its also best for Arrow And Tommrow People to be placed on TNT or USA

48. 5654funny says:

This is what I think for the cw network lineup

Monday’s

Thursdays
    TVD
    Tommrow People

Fridays
    Hart of Dixie
    New Show

I Will Definitely Watch Originals and Tomorrow People they are really good shows the cw network is incredibility ridiculous they are not considering renewing and making a full Nkita Season 4. And especially for others shows Originals Tommrow People Carrie Dairies 90210 GG THAT is REAL NICE

49. cherry says:

Pls.renew BATB S3 I really love the show. My family here in Philippines we love beauty and the beast our day is not complete if we cant watch BATB.

50. Celebrity says:

TVD is my favorite show!!!! I also love The Originals and Reign but I want at least one more season of Hart Of Dixie really love that show. But I will have to say my second favorite right now is the 100 I am in love with this show and hope it continues!!!!