Netflix Lands Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Final Run, Plus Five Seasons of Director's Cuts

Star Wars Clone Wars NetflixNetflix will be the home of Star Wars: The Clone Wars‘ sixth and final season, the streaming service announced on Thursday.

But wait, more there is.

RELATED | Star Wars: The Clone Wars Cancelled on Cartoon Network

In addition to releasing the entire 13-episode Kessel farewell run, dubbed “The Lost Missions,” on Friday, March 7, Netflix will make available all five previous seasons of the CGI-animated series, including several director’s cut episodes never seen on TV.

In The Clone Wars’ closing episodes, “Some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force are revealed, an intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret, Anakin Skywalker’s closest relationship is tested to its limits and what Master Yoda discovers while investigating the disappearance of a Jedi could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy.”

The Clone Wars previously aired on Cartoon Network, but the cabler announced their parting of the ways in March 2013.

RELATED | New Star Wars Rebels Animated Series to Bridge Movie Episodes III and IV — Watch Video

A new animated series, Star Wars Rebels, will premiere this fall on Disney XD and bridge the time period between the Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith and IV: A New Hope motion pictures.

1. David Stumme says:

Ick. Please tell me Netflix puts its original shows on DVD eventually?

• Matthew says:

yeah they do matter of fact I was just at Target and they had a sell on their DVDs and they had House of Cards for $15 I almost got but changed my mind maybe I will pick it up next time if it is still $15

• Badpenny says:

You can spend $8.00 and watch House of Cards, and every other thing on Netflix, for a month. Why pay $15 for something you might watch once or twice and then forget about on a shelf?

• Matthew says:

because im not one that only watches once or twice then forgets that’s why and for me the $15 dollars is worth it compared to $8 a month for a subscription to Netflix but that is just me to each their own :)

• Midori4 says:

It was $8 Black Friday week.

2. Zorkel says:

This is so stupid. They should have just released them on DVD/Blu Ray.

• Zayne says:

This is brilliant and I love it. It will actually end up being cheaper for you as the commenter above described. Instead of buying a blu-ray set (which I’m sure you’ll eventually be able to do anyway) you can spend $8 (if you don’t already have Netflix Instant for some reason) and watch the whole season to see if it warrant a future purchase.

• Zorkel says:

Well, I don’t have Netflix. I prefer Amazon Prime to Netflix. And being that I have the other five Seasons on DVD, whether or not these last episodes are good, I want a DVD version to complete my collection. Plus, if Netflix ever takes them down, I will still have copies of y own. So really, this isn ‘t that great.

• David4 says:

It will be on DVD, and you can watch them for free with a free trial of Netflix. You are complaining that you are getting an ending? I find that amazing.

3. Sarah says:

So my complete series box set I just bought is not so complete ? Sigh. I hope the new episodes and directors cuts are sold together without having to buy the whole series AGAIN.

4. Esaul says:

I’m exited for this.

5. Fernanda says:

thank god for Netflix. I hope some others cancelled popular shows could end their runs by Netflix. “Heroes” deserves a proper ending as a mini series special or a reunion movie in Netflix or other multimedia network.

6. Mikael says:

I really hope this comes out on blu-ray at some point. Not just because I don’t have Netflix, but because I want to complete my collection!!! And I wonder if the “director’s cuts” are brand new for every episode, or if they’re the same director’s cuts available on the blu-rays. I’m excited for Rebels, but I really wanted a proper conclusion to Clone Wars.

7. Wondering says:

By several do you mean two ? The complete series boxset only has two director’s cut episodes.