Ratings: Dads Finale Drops Hardest, Killer Women Steady Opposite Winter Olympics

Ratings Dads Finale FoxFox’s Dads wrapped its freshman (forever?) run on Tuesday night with 2.6 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating, dropping 30 and 27 percent week-to-week against the mighty Winter Olympics.

Continuing Fox’s fresh fare at 9 o’clock, New Girl (2.9 mil/1.3) was down 17 and 19 percent, while Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.9 mil/1.2) slipped just 9 and 14 percent.

NBC’s aforementioned Olympics coverage on Tuesday averaged 23.7 million viewers and a 6.4 demo rating, adding a few eyeballs versus Monday and up 16 and 20 percent versus the comparable night in Vancouver 2010.

RELATED | Olympics Watch: What Was Your Favorite Moment From Sochi 2014, Day 4?

Over on ABC, the penultimate Killer Women — leading out of myriad sitcom reruns — held steady at 3 mil/0.7.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Pretty Little Liars, Glee, The Originals and More

Want scoop on any of the above shows and/or the luge? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. MM9 says:

I hope Dads ends.

Seth Green deserves better.

• TV Gord says:

So do Giovani, Martin and Peter. And Seth MacFarlane’s reputation has taken a big hit with me. The sooner I can forget that this show existed, the better.

2. Katherine215 says:

Are episodes 7 and 8 of Killer Women going to air at some point? I’m really enjoying the show, especially with last night’s twist, and I’m disappointed no one is watching. :(

• wrstlgirl says:

According to my TV schedule ep 7 airs next Tuesday but it doesn’t show ep 8 at all.

• Amber says:

I am LOVING Killer Women I hate that it is probably cancelled. It is alot better than I expected it to be. I wish people were watching.

• Kim R says:

I’m enjoying it as well. I was a big fan of In Plain Sight and while it is not up to that standard it is still entertaining and holds my interest from start to finish. And it was a good, albeit, predictable twist last night. :)

• Melanie says:

I was originally going to watch it because of Marc Blucas, but then in advance of the series premiere I read such TERRIBLE reviews that I decided not to bother. But, then nothing was on for a few days, so I decided to watch the first 3 episodes ON Demand, and to my surprise, I am really enjoying it. Loved the twist at the end of last night’s episode. Wish more people would give the show a chance. Maybe Matt can talk it up a bit more here!! (hint hint!)

• wrstlgirl says:

Just goes to show ya what I’ve been saying for years. Check things out for yourself and make up your own mind rather than listening to someone else. Kudos to you for giving it a shot :-)

3. Eric7740 says:

So, was the post Super Bowl wasted on New Girl and Brooklyn 99…… I think so!

4. Boiler says:

Thought Brooklyn99 and New Girl really good. Why waste these against the Olympics??

5. mdbchud says:

Now that Dads is over, PLEASE move Enlisted to Tuesdays and give it a chance to grow.

6. Ethel says:

Dads was on? Thought it had gone to the graveyard of hiatusville

7. eddie says:

Seriously?? How dumb is fox? Who schedules their programming?! Bunch of idiots.

8. SoFla says:

I may be the only one, but I actually like “Dads” and it was a “must see” in my weekly television viewing. Everyone fit their part perfectly. I never knew Giovanni was that funny, he has always been the opposite in any role that I have seen him play. The first couple episodes were not that catching, but in time it warmed up quite nicely in my opinion.

With the amount of hate dished towards “Dads” one could only wonder if “Married With Children” would succeed if first released in this day and age. Take the show as what it is, a comedy, something to make you laugh. You need to accept it for what it is and turn off your brain for a bit to enjoy just some off the wall humor and if you are unable to do so it is a shame. Laughter is the best medicine

• HAP says:

The only thing worse than the writing was the awful scenery chewing acting by most of the cast. It was a stinker of a show.

• “Take the show as what it is, a comedy, something to make you laugh. You need to accept it for what it is and turn off your brain for a bit to enjoy just some off the wall humor…”

This is what I attempted to do. I could care less about the mildly offensive nature of the content, provided the comedy was on point. The problem was, (and obviously YMMV,) the comedy was pretty freakin’ far from on point. It was, in fact, no where near point. For me, it went beyond being un-funny, I’d label it anti-funny.

Still, its never fun when a show you’ve enjoyed gets cancelled, one can only hope that the opening leads to something better getting a chance.

9. todd says:

The marketing and scheduling of the show failed. Fun show! Attached to Sofia Vergaras? Whose goona watch?

10. Mika02 says:

Killer women awesome last night. B99 awesom as well I like the new time slot cuz I can watch it live. Wonder the comparison of B99 vs Mindy at this point holding on to New girl audience. B99, the Goldbergs and the Crazy Ones are my favorite new comedies.