Gotham Scoop: Donal Logue Cast as Detective Harvey Bullock in Fox's Batman Origin Series

Get More: Casting News

Donal Logue GothamErstwhile Sons of Anarchy and Terriers sleuth Donal Logue is putting his investigative hat back on, joining Fox’s Batman drama Gotham in the role of Detective Harvey Bullock, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s Starring In Them

Gotham, which was ordered straight to series in September, explores the origin stories of James Gordon (Southland‘s Ben McKenzie) and the villains that made the titular city famous.

Det. Bullock, a well-known DC character who makes his live-action debut in Gotham, is Gordon’s partner and mentor. He plays loose with police procedure, but he gets results — and he does it with old-school, forceful panache.

Logue joins a cast that also includes Robin Lord Taylor (as the Penguin), Sean Pertwee (as Alfred Pennyworth), Zabryna Guevara (as Captain Essen), Erin Richards (as James’ fiancée, Barbara Kean) and the aforementioned McKenzie.

The Gotham gig will not interfere with Logue’s recurring role as King Horik on Vikings, which kicks off its second season on Feb. 27.

Bruno Heller (The Mentalist) penned the pilot and will serve as an EP alongside director Danny Cannon (Nikita).

Comments (16)

• Well, now I’m gonna have to watch this…I adore Donal.

Comment by Metoo – February 12, 2014 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm,on the cartoon Bullock was a fair bit younger than Gordon

Comment by Shaun – February 12, 2014 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And his hair was also 4.75 inches shorter….

Comment by Lauren – February 12, 2014 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You can’t compare hair to an age difference. They are changing the age of a lot of characters on this as well as the timeline. Essen is also younger than Gordon and shows up way later in Gordon’s life when Batman is already around. It also seems like doing this will make the future Batman villains that they are introducing quite a bit older than Bruce Wayne. The casting for this is great though so I’m still looking forward to it.

Comment by Brian – February 12, 2014 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Which is why Captain Essen is most likely going to be the mother of Sarah Essen.

Comment by Jooshua – February 12, 2014 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow… with the casting for this, I’ll be giving Gotham a shot!

Comment by Steve F. – February 12, 2014 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shoot. Now I’m gonna have to watch this. I freakin’ love this guy.

Comment by MissMel – February 12, 2014 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another casting score. Gives me hope!

Comment by christine – February 12, 2014 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • logue is a fantastic actor and bullock is one of my all time favourite characters from the comics, i wasnt going to bother with this show but this has changed my mind at least for the pilot.

Comment by Alan – February 12, 2014 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED! – This has basically guaranteed I’ll have to at least watch the first 8 episodes on a show I wasn’t going to bother with either.

Comment by Harvey Dent – February 13, 2014 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this, but I was looking forward to Bullock being partnered with Renee Montoya.

Comment by alistaircrane – February 12, 2014 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hate you fox. i must watch this show now.

Comment by Polly – February 12, 2014 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for using an image of classic Bullock and not the current thing version from the comics, heh.

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 12, 2014 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this casting. Ever since I watched Terriers, I thought, “I NEED TO SEE MORE OF THIS GUY.”

Comment by Joey – February 12, 2014 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Casting on the show keeps getting better. Happy Donal will be on the show.

Comment by Joey – February 12, 2014 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok. They’re getting serious with the casting. I hope the writing is up to par so as not to waste the talent they’re assembling.

Comment by Steve – February 12, 2014 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post